Official Space Station 13 Server -

Does this run on an older version of Byond or something?
cuz i just get one second of music then it crashes.
or are scandinavian IP's just banned?

Eris!

Ewige Schlangenkraft
Does this run on an older version of Byond or something?
cuz i just get one second of music then it crashes.
or are scandinavian IP's just banned?

Scandi here with the latest version of Byond. Works fine for me.
I've played on servers where you have to back-update (backdate?) your byond version for some raisin but i'm not a coder and idk if /tg/ code is that way or if your version is a problem or not or what so i have no idea and take everything i say as the word of a retard.

i am not. but aperently i just had to try load the game 10 times and then it magically worked
Maybe you were downloading assets or something idk fam

Last edited:
That was a merge and silent unmerge I am 99% sure aimed to try and troll us specifically
There's still the headpatting (first link that didn't do the fancy box thing for some reason) which I personally verified is still in the code in jaw-sh/tgstation. It's rather haram.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
Interested in adding into rotation.

Interested in removing.

I want an alternative solution because cloning is gay.

My idea of removing stuff is not just undoing commits but finding a way to disable it so further commits don't cause merge conflicts.

Null

Ooperator
The real question is, why do people want cloning? What is it about current medbay, with all the buffs I've given it, any less adequate than the cloner? It takes about the same amount of time. The only difference is, people cannot just throw you into it and slam the clone button.

Are you asking for a way to respawn on the station, or are you asking for a way to have your current character revived?

Yes hello miner here please buff mining so someone has a chance to take down megafauna someday. ok ty
They are more than possible, I'm able to consistently kill drake, bubble, and hiro on this branch (thanks to the movement speed not being nerfed to shit). I've killed colossus before but haven't gotten the opportunity to try it yet on this branch.

I'm in favor of the more challenging boss move sets and find them really fun and challenging, but for the trannies at tg to attack fauna loot directly is unacceptable in my eyes, make hiro staff great again, also I'd rather not have to hire a jewish surgeon to get functionality of my divine vocal cords. Lastly if nothing else fix medi pens and legion cores. P.S fuck spectral blade that's such a troll drop from the drake, I can understand the old move set drake dropping it in the past but with how much more dangerous the drake is now spectral blade really has no place being a drop from the drake.

Eris!

Ewige Schlangenkraft
All the station pets should be replaced with lolcows. Chrischan can replace poly and shout "JULAYYY" on the engineering channel all shift while Ethan Ralph can replace punpun and automatically drink any maker's mark he sees until he dies. You could put a Corporal Jace Stryker on the syndie shuttle who talks endless shit about what he's gonna do to the station but he never actually leaves the shuttle.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
I wouldn't mind there being more options for respawning. Late US hours tend to be a chaotic period with a lot of departments unstaffed and very sus griefing. I think two nights in a row I signed up, instantly had a virus and was Crit before I could even make it to hospital. I'm essentially never not in internals if I'm paying attention, and have a habit of coming back from the wiki to discover I'm Crit fun my tank running out.

As it stands roboticist has been the MVP of me being able to do more than ghost 20-40 minutes of a station. I've never had my body revived by medical or botany.

Maybe not as your slain character, but more borg like options, like a worker zombie from viro or genetics being able to force evolve chimps into worker roles.

BarberFerdinand

True & Honest Fan
As far as improving botany goes, I think it can be split up into two problems. First, a lot of what we can mass produce doesn't seem to get used, like replica pods, powerful healing compounds, strange reagent, meth, poisons, durathread, and potato batteries that have a power rating of over 200,000. I'm not really sure what the answer to this would be. Null has already explained why shackling departments with dependency on each other can be a bad idea, so making this shit mandatory seems like the wrong direction. I would guess this might be naturally fixed as people who are newish start getting acclimated to what is available and learn how to take advantage of it.

The other problem is how rng dependent and time consuming the trait and mutation system can be. First, let me state, I've only started playing the game recently. I feel like I have a pretty good grasp over botany, but am unfamiliar with the nitty gritty details of other departments. As such, I don't really have a great perspective on how much bullshit is 'supposed' to be there. Obviously, there must be some hurdles to overcome, and just whining for departmental buffs might be inappropriate if the current level of aggravation is consistent with what others go through. Null said something about posting requests to the github(where was that again?), so I'll do a writeup of some ideas and post it there later, but it would probably better if someone who has a much greater understanding of the game balance as a whole were to sign off on it before they were even considered as a possibility.