Official Tor Hidden Service for the Kiwi Farms -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
If you're accessing a website over TOR through an exit node, I highly recommend that you stick to SSL, and install something like HTTPs everywhere to ensure your connection doesn't get downgraded.

If you're accessing a hidden service, SSL is a redundancy.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Service is up, as of now and more relevant than ever!
Yeah, I'll use it from now on.

I would also recommend that you have your Tor browser's security level set to "Safest" while you browse Kiwi Farms, to defeat more advanced attacks that could be executed if the site is compromised.

Reactions: BoredAtHome

Vecr

kiwifarms.net
It is down for now because it is being used to attack the site.
Yeah, doing DDOS protection on a hidden service would be quite hard, due to how the routes through the Tor network are obfuscated.

Could you make it so you have to log in to use the hidden service?

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Well this is a handy way to get a bunch of Tor users to give you their real IP addresses. A more paranoid user might think that it was connected to the fact that the feds wanted info.

Can you at least turn off the redirection to the .onion if that service is not going to work in the immediate future?

Jump

kiwifarms.net
Can you at least turn off the redirection to the .onion if that service is not going to work in the immediate future?
Yep. Most of the time you can't get here with the TOR browser via an exit node. The site or CF is pushing a redirect to the .onion that doesn't work.

I appreciate the people who maintain the TOR browser but I really hate how they don't give an option to stop this behavior in case of situations like this.

Vecr

kiwifarms.net
Yep. Most of the time you can't get here with the TOR browser via an exit node. The site or CF is pushing a redirect to the .onion that doesn't work.

I appreciate the people who maintain the TOR browser but I really hate how they don't give an option to stop this behavior in case of situations like this.
I don't think that's possible, the re-direction is caused by the site, and the Tor browser can't do anything about it.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
It's back up. Don't get fucking hostile with me.

We're at a crux where there are multiple concerns. I've got data security issues, I've got technical security issues, I've got legal security issues, and I've got political security issues in dealing with fucking datacenters and resource providers. I do it by myself. Very few people can even help, fewer will do so for free, so I'm sorry you sometimes have to use a fucking VPN instead of fucking Tor. Fucking cocksucker

Give Her The D

You have been BAMBOOZLED
kiwifarms.net

We're at a crux where there are multiple concerns. I've got data security issues, I've got technical security issues, I've got legal security issues, and I've got political security issues in dealing with fucking datacenters and resource providers. I do it by myself. Very few people can even help, fewer will do so for free, so I'm sorry you sometimes have to use a fucking VPN instead of fucking Tor. Fucking cocksucker
I love you Null, you're doing God's work. Keep being you.

milkies

kiwifarms.net
The hidden service is working again, but since this might happen again and it's applicable to other websites, here's how you can navigate around the redirect with the Tor Browser (this won't work if you use Brave, aka AllAdvantage 2.0, Shitcoin Edition):

First, if you've already been redirected to the .onion in this browser session, you need to clear the cached 302 redirect. The easiest way to do this is to request a new identity with Ctrl+Shift+U or, in TB 9.0, click the broom icon to the left of the search bar. This will close all your tabs. You can also just restart the browser, which effectively does the same thing.

Then set Firefox to work offline from the hamburger menu and try to visit kiwifarms.net. It will immediately fail. Turn work offline back off again and click retry. Keep an eye on the status bar at the bottom and if you see an onion address, quickly hit Ctrl+Shift+L to request a new circuit. Repeat the last step until kiwifarms.net loads without redirecting you to the .onion. If you're too slow and you allow the redirect to the .onion to timeout, you'll have to start the process again. If this is a problem, open multiple tabs while in offline mode so you have more attempts.

Sometimes the page will load without redirecting you, but the site will redirect you on the next link you click, presumably because of a cache miss against whatever Josh is using to lookup Tor IPs. If this happens just request a new circuit again as before.

The reason for this convoluted process is that Tor Browser circuits are first-party domain specific (which is a good thing), but what Firefox reports as the current URL through the WebExtensions API doesn't necessarily correspond to what is displayed in the URL bar. The reported URL is only updated when the page load and all HTTP redirections are completed (successfully or not). Working offline allows us to work around this by completing a page load without encountering a redirect.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net

I apologize if I came across as hostile. I was aiming to be snarky. I do appreciate all you do for the site.

The redirect-to-onion thing is nice when Tor is actually working, but kind of sucks when it isn't, because then the site is completely inaccessible through Tor.

Tags
None