Official Tor Hidden Service for the Kiwi Farms -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Jump

kiwifarms.net
It's back up. Don't get fucking hostile with me.

We're at a crux where there are multiple concerns. I've got data security issues, I've got technical security issues, I've got legal security issues, and I've got political security issues in dealing with fucking datacenters and resource providers. I do it by myself. Very few people can even help, fewer will do so for free, so I'm sorry you sometimes have to use a fucking VPN instead of fucking Tor. Fucking cocksucker
Thank you for keeping up the good fight.
Thank you for keeping the .onion. It works great when people are not fucking with it.
I hope you have a good day.

Shalom

Bomb Dodongos

kiwifarms.net
Is it possible to make a way to add replies to user profiles without javascript? Tor has had a number of vulnerabilities even with javascript disabled in noscript, it would be nice to add this feature for those of us with javascript completely disabled. Everything else seems to work well.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Tell XenForo. I think almost everything they have works without JavaScript. That's usually been the case.

Tor enables JS by default now because it's very safe. It's the Flash extension that wasn't.

Bomb Dodongos

kiwifarms.net
Tell XenForo. I think almost everything they have works without JavaScript. That's usually been the case.

Tor enables JS by default now because it's very safe. It's the Flash extension that wasn't.
I'm not trying to be an asshole, this site works incredibly well compared to 99% of forums and imageboards out there, I'm just requesting if someone finds the time it would be nice if things like user profile posts could be made without javascript. While the Tor organization has allowed javascript to be enabled by default for quite a while we have still seen vulnerabilities like what has been posted here: https://threatpost.com/tor-browser-update-critical-flaw/145857/

Leaving javascript enabled left users open to easily become part of JavaScript botnets created by browser cache poisoning for many years. Everyone should disable javascript if they care about their anonymity as it's only a matter of time before something else is revealed that has been abusing tor clients for years..

TheSkoomer

UHHHH I'M ... I'M GONNA UH ... I'M SKOOOOOMIN!!!!
kiwifarms.net
Your .onion site attempts to load resources from your clearweb site (which does not complete, because Cloudflare) as well as resources from googleapis, gstatic, and jquery.

This means that a few things are broken on the Tor side of things. The site works OK overall. It would be nice if there were a way to post without having to allow javascript. Javascript is AIDS.

Please give us a non-JS posting form.

3119967d0c

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Your .onion site attempts to load resources from your clearweb site (which does not complete, because Cloudflare) as well as resources from googleapis, gstatic, and jquery.

This means that a few things are broken on the Tor side of things. The site works OK overall. It would be nice if there were a way to post without having to allow javascript. Javascript is AIDS.

Have you tried opening the 'Reply' links in a new tab?

TheSkoomer

kiwifarms.net
Have you tried opening the 'Reply' links in a new tab?
Yes, text entry box does not exist in new-tab reply unless I enable JS before opening tab. And submitting of form does not complete unless I enable XHR

The JS requirement is likely because of the WYSIWYG text form on KF. There should be a fallback text form for users without JS, but that doesn't solve the XHR issue. XHR is just useless bloat. This form is constantly sending http-post requests via XHR even as I type, saving drafts apparently.

3119967d0c

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, text entry box does not exist in new-tab reply unless I enable JS before opening tab. And submitting of form does not complete unless I enable XHR

The JS requirement is likely because of the WYSIWYG text form on KF. There should be a fallback text form for users without JS, but that doesn't solve the XHR issue. XHR is just useless bloat. This form is constantly sending http-post requests via XHR even as I type, saving drafts apparently.
Hmm. I've posting this from the current alpha TBB, with NoScript enabled and blocking both the KF tor domain and JQuery CDN (which seems to be the extent of scripts on this page).

The reply box, when I open a new tab with the reply link, is a little small, but it seems to function. What's your configuration?

TheSkoomer

kiwifarms.net
Hmm. I've posting this from the current alpha TBB, with NoScript enabled and blocking both the KF tor domain and JQuery CDN (which seems to be the extent of scripts on this page).
The reply box, when I open a new tab with the reply link, is a little small, but it seems to function. What's your configuration?
I just blocked CSS and now I can see the text box.
Element was being hidden. I can work around this now.
Making this post without JS.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3119967d0c

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net

It does work without JS but not incomplete JS. It worked before but I changed things trying to get the site to frontload faster. I'll change it back later when I have the new server.

Tags
None