Official Tor Hidden Service for the Kiwi Farms -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What's wrong with just having a link to the onion on the front page?

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
Recent versions of Tor Browser introduced support of Onion-Location header, which, if present, offers user to visit hidden service instead of regular clearnet domain. Maybe it's a good idea to add it here, too.
It seems problematic to redirect users to another entire network than they requested. Suppose they don't want to go to the onion for whatever reason. Suppose it's broken as it often is. Now you can't get to the site at all.
Onion-location is opt-in with respect to browser settings. Try visiting https://torproject.org in Tor Browser. If "Prioritize .onion sites when known" (browser setting) is enabled, it will smoothly redirect to http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/index.html (no refresh, no lag), otherwise it will just show ".onion available" in the URL bar. The default is "Ask every time".

• Informative
Reactions: Oban Kamz

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Weird, for the first time ever I apparently lucked into an exit node that didn't get flagged by Cloudflare and redirected to the onion.

Tried changing my exit node just to verify and sure enough it still does the Cloudflare captcha and then redirects me to onion. So it hasn't been turned off, I just happened to find an exit node that wasn't on the list.

Onion-location is opt-in with respect to browser settings. Try visiting https://torproject.org in Tor Browser. If "Prioritize .onion sites when known" (browser setting) is enabled, it will smoothly redirect to http://expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion/index.html (no refresh, no lag), otherwise it will just show ".onion available" in the URL bar. The default is "Ask every time".
Brave's Tor mode apparently doesn't support it. :(

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
Weird, for the first time ever I apparently lucked into an exit node that didn't get flagged by Cloudflare and redirected to the onion.

Tried changing my exit node just to verify and sure enough it still does the Cloudflare captcha and then redirects me to onion. So it hasn't been turned off, I just happened to find an exit node that wasn't on the list.
This doesn't happen with Tor Browser. I have never gotten a captcha for Kiwi Farms. Brave's Tor implementation is probably broken.
Brave's Tor mode apparently doesn't support it. :(
Broken. Use Tor Browser or use a regular VPN.

• Agree
Reactions: fag0t

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
This doesn't happen with Tor Browser. I have never gotten a captcha for Kiwi Farms. Brave's Tor implementation is probably broken.
As long as you're using the onion URL you will never see a captcha. That only appears if you try to access the Cloudflare-protected clearnet site and Cloudflare detects that the request is coming from an IP address that has been detected as suspicious (which Tor exit nodes almost always are).

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
As long as you're using the onion URL you will never see a captcha. That only appears if you try to access the Cloudflare-protected clearnet site and Cloudflare detects that the request is coming from an IP address that has been detected as suspicious (which Tor exit nodes almost always are).
I am using Tor Browser. If I go to kiwifarms.net, I will either get an instant redirect or standard Kiwi Farms without captcha. Your browser is broken.

• Agree
Reactions: fag0t

Jump

k/i/w/i/f/a/r/m/e/r
kiwifarms.net
I am thankful Null maintains a real hidden service for KF.

I just wish TOR browser had a way to block the redirect to the .onion. When the hidden service is down I can't get to this site at all because the .NET automatically redirects me to the broken .onion. This isn't a KF only issue. It happens on other sites that run on both sides.

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
I am thankful Null maintains a real hidden service for KF.

I just wish TOR browser had a way to block the redirect to the .onion. When the hidden service is down I can't get to this site at all because the .NET automatically redirects me to the broken .onion. This isn't a KF only issue. It happens on other sites that run on both sides.
If the site is configured correctly, you can block it. Open Preferences, go to Privacy & Security, set "Onion Services" to "Ask every time".

If you want a workaround, go to x.kiwifarms.net, click the green lock by the address field, and select "New Circuit for this Site". Check if it works with the main domain, and repeat until you're no longer redirected.

This trick also works for YouTube, by the way.

Tags
None