Official Vaporwave Thread - ~A E S T H E T I C~ (feat. Future Funk, Synthwave, Mallsoft, etc)

Metal Sink

Faggot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
vaporwave was a thing by the 2010s, it just wasn't big
so this isn't proto anything
Vaporwave wasn't really a thing until 2011, anything released in 2010 is considered to be proto-vaporwave (i.e. Chuck Person's Eccojams).

How's this for proto-vaporwave?
'95.

Reactions: Chocolate Elvis

Metal Sink

Faggot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lololol DJ Screw is just Southern Rap my dude.

R.I.P. Screw
R.I.P. Screw.

I'd argue that some of his work bears a remarkable resemblance to a lot of vaporwave music, specifically when he remixed tracks from other genres like funk. I think I read somewhere the Oneohtrix Point Never was inspired by the work of DJ Screw when he started making what would become vaporwave.

GlassesWearingGenie

The True and Honest Mr. Popo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, alot of this stuff reminds me of background music I used to hear on the weather channel or prevue channel from back in the day. Regardless, this niggo approves. :) Basically, this stuff is to synthpop what house music is to disco.

I take it this song counts.

Btw @Feline Darkmage does synthwave music qualify for this thread? If so, Ill go totally unapologetically :autism: for this stuff.

Last edited:
  • DRINK!
Reactions: Feline Darkmage

GlassesWearingGenie

The True and Honest Mr. Popo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of synthwave. I'll post a few of my favs.

NewRetroWave is a great channel to follow if you like this stuff.
Let's throw in a future funk song while we're at it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feline Darkmage
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino