Off-Topic Oh, Canada! - A place to post about Timbits, hockey, moose, and maple syrup.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Timmies coffee is terrible as coffee goes and no one in thier right mind would say otherwise. That being said, it is liquid crack and I love it and if you try to take it from me, I'll cut you.

Their basic chocolate glaze donuts are amazing too. But I'm getting sick and tired of them adding a new shitty, half-assed lunch item every other day causing them to usually be out of whatever basic item they used to never be out of. I'm sorry, but who is going to Tim Hortons for a goddamned beyond meat burger? They don't even have regular burgers at Tim's.
some people i know grade coffee as "good" if it doesn't make for an upset stomach. Timmy's coffee won't give them an upset stomach but Starbucks' and MicDonalds definitely will.

Reactions: SourDiesel

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
if canada's so great why don't the border hoppers from honduras go to canada?
Well they're trying to but they can't get through the states. Those that do manage flood through a couple of entrances in Quebec, I believe. But we have a massive migrant issue too, it's not just you. Maybe we should build a wall along the border? I'm sure the Americans would love that.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Keep in mind I am in Japan. Last time I've been to the states and compared things to Japan, I got laughed at.
Ok awesome but I don't know what response you expected coming into a thread full of Canadians and saying the only good parts of Canada are the ones similar to the states. Most Canadians would probably say the opposite. Southern Ontario fucking sucks.

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
Ok awesome but I don't know what response you expected coming into a thread full of Canadians and saying the only good parts of Canada are the ones similar to the states. Most Canadians would probably say the opposite. Southern Ontario fucking sucks.
Very informative, one of these days I plan to go to Canada for a visit and I think this might help me a lot.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Quarantined Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to visit relatives in Québec a few years ago. It was super swell so I hope I'll be able to go back one day but I'd also like to visit other parts of the country
Well they're trying to but they can't get through the states. Those that do manage flood through a couple of entrances in Quebec, I believe. But we have a massive migrant issue too, it's not just you.
Such as? All I know is that Chinese make up a big part of the population in Vancouver and that immigrants from former French colonies prefer going to Québec

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to visit relatives in Québec a few years ago. It was super swell so I hope I'll be able to go back one day but I'd also like to visit other parts of the countrySuch as? All I know is that Chinese make up a big part of the population in Vancouver and that immigrants from former French colonies prefer going to Québec
I honestly can't remember the names of the pass throughs right now but they're a big deal. It's a couple of little roads really. They've got RCMP officers there at all times like, "if you cross this line, you will be arrested" but of course, they cross the line anyway because they intend to claim refugee status. It's South Americans, Africans, Middle Easterners, etc. that go through there but they had to travel through the states to get to the pass through.

You're right, in Vancouver, it's mostly wealthy Chinese immigrants coming over but they have "bought" immigration points with their cash money. Canadian immigration is based on a points system. I'm talking about illegal immigrants though who cross knowing they'll be arrested at the border but figure it'll still work out better than it did at home.

Quebec is goddamed beautiful though and has an interesting culture and heritage so notwithstanding this issue, I recommend visiting. But yeah, Quebec is carrying the financial burden of housing all these illegals currently and the federal government needs to help them more tbh.

Knowing Partridge

kiwifarms.net
Timmies coffee is terrible as coffee goes and no one in thier right mind would say otherwise. That being said, it is liquid crack and I love it and if you try to take it from me, I'll cut you.

Their basic chocolate glaze donuts are amazing too. But I'm getting sick and tired of them adding a new shitty, half-assed lunch item every other day causing them to usually be out of whatever basic item they used to never be out of. I'm sorry, but who is going to Tim Hortons for a goddamned beyond meat burger? They don't even have regular burgers at Tim's.
Tim Hortons has, however, ruined the sour cream glazed... It is now a travesty.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
Very informative, one of these days I plan to go to Canada for a visit and I think this might help me a lot.
If you are used to Japanese weather, the only weather that you will find remotely acceptable is on the west coast

The only good thing Canada ever gave us is Shatner
Come on, us punks can appreciate the Dayglo Abortions, DOA and the Forgotten Rebels

canadiancxnt

gay ass bitch
kiwifarms.net
I honestly can't remember the names of the pass throughs right now but they're a big deal. It's a couple of little roads really. They've got RCMP officers there at all times like, "if you cross this line, you will be arrested" but of course, they cross the line anyway because they intend to claim refugee status. It's South Americans, Africans, Middle Easterners, etc. that go through there but they had to travel through the states to get to the pass through.
Are you thinking of Roxham Road?