Culture ‘OK Boomer’ Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - "How do you do, fellow kids?"

Poe-Shen Zcela

kiwifarms.net
I don't really have much to say here but man I like memes:

Also I found this Guardian article pretty interesting:

Why is book not phone?
Why doesn't Gameboy zoom in?

Is this why they're called zoomers?

ITT: "Y-yeah b-but millenials suck too heh"
View attachment 998661
Nothing more offensive that dismissal.

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
As much as the "ok boomer" thing makes me upset (I don't even know why too, I'm a fucking baby and I don't actively engage in debates), I do have to lend credence to the slighty older generation
View attachment 1000578
because this shit is all over for some reason.
Millennials are a super shit version of boomers, except they're a super shit version of boomers while actual boomers are mellowing out and becoming less shit.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
As much as the "ok boomer" thing makes me upset (I don't even know why too, I'm a fucking baby and I don't actively engage in debates), I do have to lend credence to the slighty older generation
View attachment 1000578
Lol a lot of this shit millennials, and boomers kind of worked together on. Millennials really are the boomer 2.0 generation from what I've seen.

Fork Cartel

The 1% are literally the spawn of Satan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1000578
Also those things actually suck ass for the most part, good riddance

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
So it's fine for boomers to call young people entitled, lazy, deranged, and accuse them of ruining the world because they can't afford to acquire assets in markets crashed by boomers, but saying 'ok boomers' is basically the same as the N word.

Ok boomers.
(I can’t believe I have to make this analogy but it’s too accurate) it’s like when white people will say that they get to say the N word because they’ve been called cracker.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
@Feline Darkmage Honest question, what part of @Sissy Galvez 's post do you disagree with? I think it's actually very true, the new age needs to start figuring out politics and taking over the polls if they want reform.
"Among 18- to 29-year-olds, voter turnout went from 20 percent in 2014 to 36 percent in 2018, the largest percentage point increase for any age group — a 79 percent jump. "

It's already happening, and if someone doesn't notice it they're stupid. It's also making a huge assumption that people can't both vote while being young and also complain about things on twitter.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino