Culture ‘OK Boomer’ Marks the End of Friendly Generational Relations - "How do you do, fellow kids?"

LullerDerbyRollin

kiwifarms.net
"Among 18- to 29-year-olds, voter turnout went from 20 percent in 2014 to 36 percent in 2018, the largest percentage point increase for any age group — a 79 percent jump. "

It's already happening, and if someone doesn't notice it they're stupid. It's also making a huge assumption that people can't both vote while being young and also complain about things on twitter.
Neat, thanks for the info.

Syaoran Li

The Weeaboo Woodwright
kiwifarms.net
Also those things actually suck ass for the most part, good riddance
True, but so do most Millennials. The Boomers are terrible, but not quite to the level of the Millennials and seeing the more "woke" Millennials throw shade at the Boomers comes across as the generational equivalent of A-Logging/troll-shielding.

Gen X is probably the most based of the older generations, and I'm cautiously optimistic for the Zoomers, I can't stand the Millennials despite being one myself, and I'm terrified of what will happen to the Alpha Generation when they reach adolescence and adulthood.

Unless the Millennials drop the woke insanity in the mid-2020's and early 2030's, the Alpha Generation could very well be the proverbial "Generation Zyklon".

The Boomers mellowed out in the 80's and 90's when they went from hippie to yuppie, but in many ways they went too far and overcorrected, giving us the Religious Right/Neocons and the Neoliberals.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some fear the Boom....

Others sneer at the Zoom....

Many dread the Doom....

As for me though.... I embrace the COOM

Seriously though, whats the money on an article about Coomers being shat out the media sphincter in the next three months given how shrieking about the other three "oomer" memes has become fairly commonplace?
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THEY ACTUALLY FUCKING DID THIS GOD FUCKING KILL ME THEY WROTE A HYSTERIA PIECE ABOUT FUCKING COOMERS

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
As much as the "ok boomer" thing makes me upset (I don't even know why too, I'm a fucking baby and I don't actively engage in debates), I do have to lend credence to the slighty older generation
I know perfectly well why it annoys me. It shuts down debate, but in a way that Millennials can pretend is "witty" (just yesterday I saw some dumbass on Tumblr claim "ok boomer" is the height of Millennial humor; I mean, what a fucking self-drag) but is actually passive-aggressive. "Fuck off" is concise and lets all involved know what's really going on: Millennials can't and won't support their asinine political beliefs with words, so they resort to passive-aggressively telling the other side to shut up.

XtrmGamr719

kiwifarms.net
I know perfectly well why it annoys me. It shuts down debate, but in a way that Millennials can pretend is "witty" (just yesterday I saw some dumbass on Tumblr claim "ok boomer" is the height of Millennial humor; I mean, what a fucking self-drag) but is actually passive-aggressive. "Fuck off" is concise and lets all involved know what's really going on: Millennials can't and won't support their asinine political beliefs with words, so they resort to passive-aggressively telling the other side to shut up.
Basically it's like when someone says some shit like "toodles" before blocking you?

Private Pyle

What is your major malfunction numbnuts?
kiwifarms.net
tbh when I hear "Ok Boomer" it makes me think of some sperg wojak or frogposting at someone for playing quake or something. It's happened so many times but it's so bizarre when 4chan shitposts hit the mainstream.
People still denying meme magic is a thing.

Private Pyle

What is your major malfunction numbnuts?
kiwifarms.net
ITT: "Y-yeah b-but millenials suck too heh"
View attachment 998661
I mean millennials do suck. Which is not to say boomers don’t suck. But then again there are good millennials and good boomers. Humans in general are capable of great things and utter shit so it seems weird to scapegoat an entire people based on the timeframe they were born.
So it's fine for boomers to call young people entitled, lazy, deranged, and accuse them of ruining the world because they can't afford to acquire assets in markets crashed by boomers, but saying 'ok boomers' is basically the same as the N word.

Ok boomers.
I just personally think it’s strange because these same people going “lol ok boomer” are the same ones frustrated with being called “snowflake” to shut down their arguments. It’s basically just children trading schoolyard insults at this point.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino