OLD (Admirable Animation #31: "Troll - Shane Koyczan") -

NostalgiaJazzAdmirer

kiwifarms.net

This didn't have a thread despite being controversial, so here it is.

This was a very controversial video for a variety of reasons. You either liked it or hated it, and many disliked it, mainly because he stated, "I scrolled through the comments of this video on Youtube, and I blocked everyone who had the 'There's a difference between cyberbullies and trolls' mentality."

Personally, I thought the video (both the original and the Admirable Animation) was good. He could have worded some things better, but his points were sound. Shane Koyczan is a great poet, and his poem is really moving.

Whatever your stance on trolling, it is almost universally agreed that cyberbullying is bad.

Now, my question is, when does trolling go too far to the point where it becomes cyberbullying? When is trolling not just trolling anymore? Is Enter really wrong in grouping trolls and cyberbullies together when they're both at least somewhat similar? There are low-tier trolls, of course, and then there are high-tier trolls (the worst of trolls). Is "Freedom of Speech" really valid when you're going out of your way to harm people online, sometimes to the point of driving them to life-changing decisions that they'll regret later on, maybe even suicide?

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Trolling becomes cyberbullying when someone something extreme, like doxxes/SWATs someone. Those are the most extreme forms of trolling and obviously fall into cyberbully territory, not to mention the people who troll like that shouldn't be lumped with the people that say "Darude-Sandstorm" and whatnot. So MrEnter is wrong although admittedly there is some overlap.

NostalgiaJazzAdmirer

kiwifarms.net
Trolling becomes cyberbullying when someone something extreme, like doxxes/SWATs someone. Those are the most extreme forms of trolling and obviously fall into cyberbully territory, not to mention the people who troll like that shouldn't be lumped with the people that say "Darude-Sandstorm" and whatnot. So MrEnter is wrong although admittedly there is some overlap.
Driving someone to suicide is also cyberbullying. Adam Smith wasn't doxxed or SWATted, but he was still bullied to submission, for stupid reasons might I add.
Saying "Darude-Sandstorm" and Rick Rolling is low-tier trolling.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Driving someone to suicide is also cyberbullying. Adam Smith wasn't doxxed or SWATted, but he was still bullied to submission, for stupid reasons might I add.
Saying "Darude-Sandstorm" and Rick Rolling is low-tier trolling.
That is definitely cyberbullying, I forgot to mention that. Did anyone actually claim that as trolling?

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cyberbullying: Finding a vulnerable person (often someone you know in real life) and using their insecurities to make them feel like shit. Posting these things on their pages constantly (and if you know them in real life, saying it to them in person as well). Actually hurting someone.

Trolling: Rick-rolling someone. Photo-shopping dicks on their mary-sues. Going onto a fan-page for a certain subject and saying that subject sucks, etc. Being a bit of a dick, but not with any real malice.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
He said in the beginning of the video that not every troll is like this.
He also said anyone who claims trolling and cyberbullying were different should "shut the fuck up" with no good wording. I'll have to watch the full thing again admittedly, but my example quote isn't doing his case any favors.

Since thin-skinned exceptional individuals on the Internet have reduced yet another term to meaninglessness, I officially don't give a shit whether someone is being "cyberbullied" as opposed to "trolled". My life is a lost simpler when I don't worry about people's angsty crap.
Yeah. Honestly people are complaining about being "cyberbullied" for the most ludicrous reasons, and it's hard to feel much sympathy for those thin-skinned angsty pussies implanting about it when they were called one name.

Blindrainbow

kiwifarms.net
For the record, why make this thread? There nothing really new really new to add that have been brought up in ether just the general discussion thread for enter or the one for all his older reviews, in fact you should just posted what you had to say there rather then making a whole new thread just for your opinion.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
For the record, why make this thread? There nothing really new really new to add that have been brought up in ether just the general discussion thread for enter or the one for all his older reviews, in fact you should just posted what you had to say there rather then making a whole new thread just for your opinion.
That would derail any topic in any thread except here to be honest. Then again Dwarf told me he'd lock this thread on sight when he sees it, so I'd say enjoy it while it lasts.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino