Old Bay Seasoning - Why do you Amerifags love this shit?

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Procured some of this stuff today, how the hell do they make it saltier than actual salt? Tastes like it should be good with fried seafood. What else do you gastronauts do with it?

Reactions: SmileyTimeDayCare

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Old Bay is kinda nasty, and this is coming from someone who hails from the heart of Virginia crabbing territory. Crabs just need butter. That's it.
Edit: Utz crab chips are pretty good, so there's that

Last edited:
Reactions: Buster O'Keefe

Damn Near

It's lovely to be here, thank you for having me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What type of crab? I'm only used to brown crabs. Tasty bastards.
Blue crabs are the deal down in VA. Big fucking mess, the whole family gets together, newspaper gets spread on a table, and everybody goes to town. In my opinion, shrimp are the better effort-intensive meal. However, a nice crabcake or fried up softshell crab are better than shrimp. This thread makes me happy to be going home to see my family for the 4th :heart-full:

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Tastes like it should be good with fried seafood.
Hey, you figured it out!

I am sure you've already read the wiki article and know this, but Old Bay was originally sold by a ferry/shipping company and thus was always associated with crabs and shrimp and such. Seafood is what it belongs on but these days people will settle for french fries, potato chips and sometimes chicky nugs.

Buster O'Keefe

Enjoys offal
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, you figured it out!

I am sure you've already read the wiki article and know this, but Old Bay was originally sold by a ferry/shipping company and thus was always associated with crabs and shrimp and such. Seafood is what it belongs on but these days people will settle for french fries, potato chips and sometimes chicky nugs.
I also hit the official website and saw an image of crabs caked in it: wtf, is that real? Do you get new kidneys if you save up enough labels?

Tags
None