One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
Are you sure we haven't already? Someone Law has an invested interest in defeating?
Doffy has already defeated and locked up in Impel Down atm. Law's only intentions were to have Kaido kill him basically or force him to become permanently hunted by the marines. Facing Kaido is the last thing he wanted to do but he has no choice as their names and faces were outted for defeating Doffy

Chaos Theorist

It would be spiteful To put jellyfish in a trifle
kiwifarms.net
Doffy has already defeated and locked up in Impel Down atm. Law's only intentions were to have Kaido kill him basically or force him to become permanently hunted by the marines. Facing Kaido is the last thing he wanted to do but he has no choice as their names and faces were outted for defeating Doffy
Kaido was coming after Law whenever he took out Doflamingo anyway. Its better Law is in partnership with a literally Admiral tier pirate Luffy and Vice Admiral tier Kidd (does Kidd have Haki?) than trying to deal with Kaido himself. Law could of soloed Doflamingo if he had the training in Haki like Luffy had imo.

• Agree
Reactions: Trombonista

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
Finally, screenshots of the Jump that confirmed Judge as playable.
I wonder what the other two packs will be. I'd like to see Punk Hazard/Dressrosa (Caesar, Baby 5, Sugar?) and Wano (Kanjuro, Apoo, King?).

Argh My Cigar

What Am I Fighting For?!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally, screenshots of the Jump that confirmed Judge as playable.
I wonder what the other two packs will be. I'd like to see Punk Hazard/Dressrosa (Caesar, Baby 5, Sugar?) and Wano (Kanjuro, Apoo, King?).
Not a fan of yet another Germa being in the game but at least we have Cracker. From the looks of it, Judge’s play style looks similar to Whitebeard’s. I wonder if his moveset is gonna incorporate his kids in some form.

IamSpechal

kiwifarms.net
Maybe this is a dumb idea, and i have my tinfoil hat on right now, but it ocurred to me that One Pice might be something that permits all users to contact each other through time. Like, when Luffy and co. find it, they will communicate with Gold Roger and Oden, which would explain how Oden knows the events in Wano 20 years into the future. Don't know what holes this hyphotesis might have.

KookiesNKreem

There is nothing but Luck inside your bag!
kiwifarms.net
More dinosaur modes, yessssss. And Page One's a Spinosaurus, to boot! That's fucking awesome.

Also bonus biology accuracy.
View attachment 1388989
Paddle tail~

Sucks that Yamato shows up but there's a break. I wonder what he wants Luffy for.
If i recall, we saw Page Ones fruit earlier in the arc, when he was fighting Sanji at the soba stand. I'm just waiting to see what ancient Zauns everyone else has. The pachycephalosaurus was more surprising to me. I guess between Ulti and a few of Luffys stunts, headbutting is a perfectly legitimate strategy in the One Piece world.

The thing I'm interested in is seeing who Queen is out to get. Do you guys think it'll be who's who thanks to their mentioned rivalry or is he on to X Drake?

A funny idea I had was is if who's who had a similar fruit to Queen (like another sauropod) and just got screwed over by the devil fruit lottery because Queen's dinosaur happened to be bigger. Lame, I know, but it would certainly be a funny way to reference the devil fruit heirarchy.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
A funny idea I had was is if who's who had a similar fruit to Queen (like another sauropod) and just got screwed over by the devil fruit lottery because Queen's dinosaur happened to be bigger. Lame, I know, but it would certainly be a funny way to reference the devil fruit heirarchy.
Always thought Who's Who would get the Smilodon fruit, given that his crew/subordinates (seen a chapter or two ago) have a cat theme going on. Most impressive thing for me this chapter is that P1 and Ulti were not jobbing as hard as people thought they would. When she pinned Luffy down, he was ready to go G4 to get out.

KookiesNKreem

There is nothing but Luck inside your bag!
kiwifarms.net
Always thought Who's Who would get the Smilodon fruit, given that his crew/subordinates (seen a chapter or two ago) have a cat theme going on. Most impressive thing for me this chapter is that P1 and Ulti were not jobbing as hard as people thought they would. When she pinned Luffy down, he was ready to go G4 to get out.
I mean, they're not headliners for nothing. If I had to guess, I'd estimate maybe at least an 800,000 bounty each- meaning there wouldn't be a tremendous gap between them and the disasters (or at least Jack), so that little challenge Kaido issued about fighting the disasters for their position wouldn't come off as a curb stomp.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Slimy Time
Something The internet pointed out to me

You know how big mom's power is to give life to inanimate objects and have them act on their own?

Do you remember when Big Mom apparently punched the Braccio Tank and it decided to turn into walking mode on it's own? Yeah what if The Tank is a Homie and is keeping quiet until it's a good time to fuck over chopper and usopp?

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
Something The internet pointed out to me

You know how big mom's power is to give life to inanimate objects and have them act on their own?

Do you remember when Big Mom apparently punched the Braccio Tank and it decided to turn into walking mode on it's own? Yeah what if The Tank is a Homie and is keeping quiet until it's a good time to fuck over chopper and usopp?
That sound great and is something that Oda would do.

Reactions: Argh My Cigar

Stardust

Ģιίττεર ƣƲεεɴ
kiwifarms.net
So, my experience with One Piece goes back to the 4Kids dub. Yes, tragic, I know. Since those dark times, I've watched the series from beginning to the conclusion of the Alabasta arc via subs. Despite this, I am aware of a few things after Alabasta - Sabo, Ace's demise, Blackbeard double-dipping on Devil Fruits, Sanji's family, and a little bit about who Law is.

My questions are, is the manga the way to go? The anime drags at times, I've heard, which is discouraging due to how long One Piece is. Or, does the anime deserve a full watch? Does it add anything? Filler aside, unless it is good filler.

Reactions: Hatoful Dandy

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
So, my experience with One Piece goes back to the 4Kids dub. Yes, tragic, I know. Since those dark times, I've watched the series from beginning to the conclusion of the Alabasta arc via subs. Despite this, I am aware of a few things after Alabasta - Sabo, Ace's demise, Blackbeard double-dipping on Devil Fruits, Sanji's family, and a little bit about who Law is.

My questions are, is the manga the way to go? The anime drags at times, I've heard, which is discouraging due to how long One Piece is. Or, does the anime deserve a full watch? Does it add anything? Filler aside, unless it is good filler.
The manga is much faster overall. Read it, then look up any particular moments you like in the anime.
By the way, if you're intending to blitz through the series, you might want to consider a scan-lation. The Jump app has a daily limit of 100 chapters unlocked and read.

• Agree
Reactions: ♠StarWolf♠

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net

The manga is quite excellent. As mentioned by the above poster it moves at a much faster pace. I started reading the colored version (dunno how much of OP it actually covers) and the art is delightful.

If you’re going to get into One Piece, there’s no compelling reason to watch the anime over the manga, IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: ♠StarWolf♠

Argh My Cigar

What Am I Fighting For?!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The manga is quite excellent. As mentioned by the above poster it moves at a much faster pace. I started reading the colored version (dunno how much of OP it actually covers) and the art is delightful.

If you’re going to get into One Piece, there’s no compelling reason to watch the anime over the manga, IMO.
There are a few arcs the anime does right, but save it for the most important fights/scenes. The BGM and voice acting contribute quite a bit to scenes that were already very emotionally moving.

Reactions: IamSpechal

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
You should think of the anime as a supplement to the manga. It doesn't drag at times. It always drags. However, on very rare occasions, the anime will take its time to elaborate on a small scene from the manga and make it a million times better.

• Winner
Reactions: Hatoful Dandy
Tags
None