One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Orochi has multiple heads due to his devil fruit, so he isn’t dead
I've seen that being thrown around on r/OnePiece. There's no fucking way he survived it. The narrative won't allow for it with all the other shit happening and Orochi's own atrocities.

Also I think we're about to hit the end of the third act. One of the arc's main villains just got killed in a shocking twist and the fourth act is where the big ass fight is supposed to go down. That's literally on the cusp of happening now that Big Mom's joined the party proper, the Orochi loyalists got blindsided, and Yamato's shown herself to everyone. And the Akazaya Nine are all assembled and fighting the traitor in what might be his final battle, if Orochi's sudden fate was any indication. The only thing left is the tragedy that the arc is supposed to end on, and I'm unsure whether that'll be Momonosuke, Oden's retainers, or something else we're not exactly looking at.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
I've seen that being thrown around on r/OnePiece. There's no fucking way he survived it. The narrative won't allow for it with all the other shit happening and Orochi's own atrocities.

Also I think we're about to hit the end of the third act. One of the arc's main villains just got killed in a shocking twist and the fourth act is where the big ass fight is supposed to go down. That's literally on the cusp of happening now that Big Mom's joined the party proper, the Orochi loyalists got blindsided, and Yamato's shown herself to everyone. And the Akazaya Nine are all assembled and fighting the traitor in what might be his final battle, if Orochi's sudden fate was any indication. The only thing left is the tragedy that the arc is supposed to end on, and I'm unsure whether that'll be Momonosuke, Oden's retainers, or something else we're not exactly looking at.
If it weren’t so graphic, and if the following panel didn’t shade out Orochi’s eyes like it did, I’d be more inclined to agree.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the fourth act resolved only the plots directly related to Wano (opening the borders, reinstating Momonsuke as it’s leader, learning more about Momo’s devil fruit, Orochi coming back to try and kill a distracted Momo like the little weasel he is) with the Beast Mom pirates stuff moving on to a Paramount War-style arc, with the Straw Hat grand fleet + friends teaming up with Shanks (because I doubt he and Luffy would actually fight) with Blackbeard coming in to snipe a worn down Shanks afterward).

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish I waited until the official release this week. That horrible translation felt like looking for imperfections in a brick wall.

But this official translation told everything extremely competently. Holy shit the tides are turning.

A lot of Youtubers are getting us prepared for the Straw Hats to get defeated, and this Chapter helped solidify that for me. How many chapters has it been since the raid started? 5-7? And the supposed meat of it hasnt started. But just look at Luffy this chapter. I'll give him credit, where it's due. He hasn't actually blown anything. He hasnt drawn too much attention to himself (thanks to Zoro and Kid intervening) and hes currently in good hands for the moment (except that changes in the Cliffhanger panel) but like always, Luffy isnt taking a single thing seriously.

Like, he is listening to Kaido's manifesto from start to finish, and only cares about anything when he hears the phrase "I will get the One Piece"

Kaido warned of this very arrogance earlier in this same chapter. And Luffy should already know by know of Kaido's physical power.

Reactions: Mr. 0

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are really jumping the gun about this being the grand final battle of the series based off what is essentially the same villain speech we hear every single arc.

Let's face facts: Kaido and Big Mom simply aren't endgame villains.
The longevity of how long this lasts depends on how quickly Perospero can regroup with his younger siblings. I think his biggest MO is to stop Big Mom before she goes too far.

• Thunk-Provoking

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everyone's talking about Orochi's decapitation, but no one's talking about Inuarashi's sword leg. For shame.

Screen shot 2020-07-19 at 12.16.06 PM.png

This is stupidly awesome, I love it. Let's give Zoro some ideas, why don't we lol.

Reactions: Trombonista

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People are really jumping the gun about this being the grand final battle of the series based off what is essentially the same villain speech we hear every single arc.

Let's face facts: Kaido and Big Mom simply aren't endgame villains.
They're definitely gonna be an endgame party though, regardless of the outcome of this arc. There's no sense in setting up the whole Rocks connection to everything and then just leaving them out of the action once the story starts hitting the big climax.

@Kari Kamiya technically Shiki beat him to it in 2009, and with both legs. And the hilt of each sword actually stuck in each fucking leg.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Kari Kamiya technically Shiki beat him to it in 2009, and with both legs. And the hilt of each sword actually stuck in each fucking leg.
Oh shit that's right, I had forgotten. But Shiki hasn't shown his face in person in the manga, so this is the first seeing it in a panel, as far back as I can remember. Still is stupidly awesome no matter who. (Oh that reminds me that I hope Totally Not Mark watches Strong World right after reading Thriller Bark. His journey has been great thus far, for being 100% blind to the series, he's been following it very well with his personal theories being rather on point at times.)

Meanwhile I couldn't figure out what Nekomamushi had for his stump of a hand. Stared at it and couldn't make heads or tails of it lol.

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh shit that's right, I had forgotten. But Shiki hasn't shown his face in person in the manga, so this is the first seeing it in a panel, as far back as I can remember. Still is stupidly awesome no matter who. (Oh that reminds me that I hope Totally Not Mark watches Strong World right after reading Thriller Bark. His journey has been great thus far, for being 100% blind to the series, he's been following it very well with his personal theories being rather on point at times.)

Meanwhile I couldn't figure out what Nekomamushi had for his stump of a hand. Stared at it and couldn't make heads or tails of it lol.
LOOK OUT HE'S GOTTA GUN

And Higurashi changes into a younger version of Shiki when she first meets Orochi (and this is after the former Rocks Pirates started recruiting, so make of that what you will)

They're definitely gonna be an endgame party though, regardless of the outcome of this arc. There's no sense in setting up the whole Rocks connection to everything and then just leaving them out of the action once the story starts hitting the big climax.
I mean, it will be the start of the end game just because at the end of this..Luffy will have 3/4 of the Road-Glyphs and Oden's Journal.

• Optimistic

Trombonista

Bayou Billy with the Heavy Balls
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I figured early on that Orochi wouldn't make it to the end of the arc, Even if he didn't really die this chapter, he will soon.

Argh My Cigar

What Am I Fighting For?!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chapter 986 Spoilers
Full summary, thanks to **redon** from *Arlong Park Forums.*

*Chapter 986: "My name" (Oda uses "sessha" in "my", like samurai talked).*

*In the cover, Lola and Chiffon don't believe Pound is their father so they set sail without him.*

*Denjiro and Kinemon reach the back door of the castle. Kiku and Raizo are crying, Kanjuurou is lying on the ground with blood around him. They walk past Kanjuro and enter into the castle.*

*All Orochi's subordinates (ninja and samurai) swear allegiance to Kaidou (they have no loyalty to Orochi to begin with). Kaidou still can't believe that Momonosuke is actually Oden's son, so he will ask Momonosuke the same question he asked 20 years ago ("What's your name?"). If Momonosuke answers that he isn't Oden's son, Kaidou will spare his life.*

*Luffy and Yamato side. Luffy takes out Yamato's handcuff and throw them away in case handcuff blows up. Ulti and Who's Who (both are separated) receive a report saying that Luffy and Yamato are heading to the stage, so they are heading there too. Page One isn't with Ulti.*

*Usopp, Chopper and the Red Scabbards are heading to the stage too. Law is walking somewhere in the castle. Kid and Zoro are still fighting Kaidou's men.*

*Back to the stage, Momonosuke replies Kaidou's question. He announces he's Kozuki Momonosuke, son of Kozuki Oden and that he will be the shogun of Wanokuni. When Momonosuke finishes, he has some emotional thoughts and flashbacks about his parents.*

*When Kaidou is about to kill Momonosuke, the wall explodes because of Yamato's handcuff. The bomb in Yamato's handcuff seems to be way stronger than normal prisoners' bombs.*

*Yamato is very angry now that she knows Kaidou actually would kill her, so she won't regard Kaidou as her father anymore. But Luffy stops "Yama-o" (he's using "o", which means man, like he does with Law (Torao) and Kid (Gizao)) and says they are not the one who will officially begin this battle.*

*Then, the Red Scabbards barge through the wall behind Kaidou in the stage. Izou shots the sword off King's hand. Kaidou shouts that their swords are useless against him. But as the Red Scabbards jump at him.*

*Kaidou has a flashback about the day he almost lost to Oden and sees the image of Oden jumping at him at the same time the Red Scabbards jump. Kaidou stops for a second. The Red Scabbards shout "Sunacchi!!" and attack Kaidou.*

*Kawamatsu blocks King with his katana, Inuarashi does the same with Jack and Queen. Nekomamushi almost reaches Kaidou with his claw but Kaidou grabs his head. Ashura, Kiku and Raizou are behind the other. Kinemon and Denjiro are the only one that strab their swords in Kaidou's body.*

*After the attack, Kaidou and the Red Scabbards fall off the stage...*

*END*

Next week, Color Spread for One Piece.

Cover page: https://imgur.com/a/bgrvssS

Chapter 986 Spoilers
Full summary, thanks to **redon** from *Arlong Park Forums.*

*Chapter 986: "My name" (Oda uses "sessha" in "my", like samurai talked).*

*In the cover, Lola and Chiffon don't believe Pound is their father so they set sail without him.*

*Denjiro and Kinemon reach the back door of the castle. Kiku and Raizo are crying, Kanjuurou is lying on the ground with blood around him. They walk past Kanjuro and enter into the castle.*

*All Orochi's subordinates (ninja and samurai) swear allegiance to Kaidou (they have no loyalty to Orochi to begin with). Kaidou still can't believe that Momonosuke is actually Oden's son, so he will ask Momonosuke the same question he asked 20 years ago ("What's your name?"). If Momonosuke answers that he isn't Oden's son, Kaidou will spare his life.*

*Luffy and Yamato side. Luffy takes out Yamato's handcuff and throw them away in case handcuff blows up. Ulti and Who's Who (both are separated) receive a report saying that Luffy and Yamato are heading to the stage, so they are heading there too. Page One isn't with Ulti.*

*Usopp, Chopper and the Red Scabbards are heading to the stage too. Law is walking somewhere in the castle. Kid and Zoro are still fighting Kaidou's men.*

*Back to the stage, Momonosuke replies Kaidou's question. He announces he's Kozuki Momonosuke, son of Kozuki Oden and that he will be the shogun of Wanokuni. When Momonosuke finishes, he has some emotional thoughts and flashbacks about his parents.*

*When Kaidou is about to kill Momonosuke, the wall explodes because of Yamato's handcuff. The bomb in Yamato's handcuff seems to be way stronger than normal prisoners' bombs.*

*Yamato is very angry now that she knows Kaidou actually would kill her, so she won't regard Kaidou as her father anymore. But Luffy stops "Yama-o" (he's using "o", which means man, like he does with Law (Torao) and Kid (Gizao)) and says they are not the one who will officially begin this battle.*

*Then, the Red Scabbards barge through the wall behind Kaidou in the stage. Izou shots the sword off King's hand. Kaidou shouts that their swords are useless against him. But as the Red Scabbards jump at him.*

*Kaidou has a flashback about the day he almost lost to Oden and sees the image of Oden jumping at him at the same time the Red Scabbards jump. Kaidou stops for a second. The Red Scabbards shout "Sunacchi!!" and attack Kaidou.*

*Kawamatsu blocks King with his katana, Inuarashi does the same with Jack and Queen. Nekomamushi almost reaches Kaidou with his claw but Kaidou grabs his head. Ashura, Kiku and Raizou are behind the other. Kinemon and Denjiro are the only one that strab their swords in Kaidou's body.*

*After the attack, Kaidou and the Red Scabbards fall off the stage...*

*END*

Next week, Color Spread for One Piece.

Cover page: https://imgur.com/a/bgrvssS

I am still...really fucking confused about

Kaido being willing to murder Yamamoto..but completely indulging the "You want to be Oden so you want to be a man" thing by calling Yamamoto Son.

Slimy Time

Read 'em and weep
kiwifarms.net
I am still...really fucking confused about

Kaido being willing to murder Yamamoto..but completely indulging the "You want to be Oden so you want to be a man" thing by calling Yamamoto Son.
Even villains can be politically correct.

If I had to guess, Kaido's is probably embarrassed that he has a daughter instead of a son considering that he has such a manly crew, so when Yamato goes "I want to be a man", Kaido goes "sure, why the fuck not".

• Thunk-Provoking
Even villains can be politically correct.

If I had to guess, Kaido's is probably embarrassed that he has a daughter instead of a son considering that he has such a manly crew, so when Yamato goes "I want to be a man", Kaido goes "sure, why the fuck not".
I still find it utterly odd that he is willing to wrap Yamamoto's wrists in explosives and legit Murder his kid because his kid Fantasizes about being Oden..but he Indulges in The Oden Fantasy when it comes to the Gender.

It is a WEIRD god damn line to me given that Both the Gender and the Rebelliousness comes from the same place.

Also why the hell is Kaido putting Yamamoto in charge of Wano? Every Indication is that Yamamoto hates Kaido..

Kaido has continued to somehow become more confusing the more we see of him.

Tags
None