One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally out.
inb4 @TrippinKahlua can't read english

I still find it utterly odd that he is willing to wrap Yamamoto's wrists in explosives and legit Murder his kid because his kid Fantasizes about being Oden..but he Indulges in The Oden Fantasy when it comes to the Gender.

It is a WEIRD god damn line to me given that Both the Gender and the Rebelliousness comes from the same place.

Also why the hell is Kaido putting Yamamoto in charge of Wano? Every Indication is that Yamamoto hates Kaido..

Kaido has continued to somehow become more confusing the more we see of him.
Two words: Puppet leader.
Yamato was most likely intended by Kaido to be Orochi 2.0; someone they fear absolutely but difference here is that they probably weren't meant to see her too much.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Toma

TrippinKahlua

Fashions provided by Lily Reuben Salon SSW
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m gonna have to wait until later to read because I’m at work now but...

the spoilers made it sound like I better prepare for more panels of whimpy, crying Momo.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally out.
inb4 @TrippinKahlua can't read english
Personally am just gonna wait until it's on Viz' site in a couple days, but I just have to say this cover panel is pretty funny, although sad at the same time.
sqryqro.png

EDIT:
Weepy faggot reviews One Piece; unironically claims One Piece is about the friends we made along the way.
I've been unironically enjoying his journey into One Piece, he's made some interesting points especially for Thriller Bark's climax. It didn't bother me as much at the time, but when he brought it up, it got me thinking Moria was just too OP for his own good and that's why Oda had to do what he could to end it so they could get off of Thriller Bark and continue the story. But then that's still a rather harsher in hindsight moment given we later learn just how similar he is to Luffy when it comes to his crew, but he was more possessive about it. If he was seeing himself in Luffy, he probably expected the New World to kick his ass just like it did to his.

It sounds like he has been thinking back on the journey in realizing what has been going on and how close or how far his theories have been, so it's possible his opinion on Moria might change in the future once he reaches Kaido. Likewise, once he hits Luffy's backstory, he may change his tune just a little bit in terms of "the real treasure is the friends we made along the way", in that it's really just one part of Luffy's treasure and motivation to find the One Piece.

We'll see. Having fresh eyes and opinions is what helps to make One Piece such a great topic of discussion with its lore and themes, and his enthusiasm is rather nostalgic, but with some hurting pangs. Like I wish I went into One Piece as blind as he, not that I haven't enjoyed my own personal journey, but I was spoonfed stuff over the years from my brothers and some classmates gushing on about it that some twists didn't come off as actual twists to me until I later thought back on it with an "Imagine seeing this in real time" POV, and then briefly at one point questioning if I would've actually come to the same conclusions I had made in thinking "This is special". Like would I have said "This is special" before Skypeia, or would I have dropped the series by then?

Last edited:

Just_a_Bored_Guy

kiwifarms.net
This is pretty much complete hearsay, but there's been a datamine suggesting who the other Pirate Warriors 4 DLC characters will be.
The second pack will continue with the theme of Supernovas and add Killer and Urouge.
The third pack, as a lot of people seemed to expect, will be Kozuki-themed: Kinemon, Oden, and Kikunojo.
Honestly, I'm not impressed. I had a handful of characters I wanted in, and none of these people are on among them. What would I have done? Drop Urouge for Apoo, ditch the Wano theme for Pack 3, and replace it with a Donquixote pack including Caesar, Baby 5, and Diamante.

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

BECAUSE NINE ATE SEVEN

Also the Viz release doesn't come out until Monday, last I checked. And I also read somewhere this week's chapter is in a double-issue, meaning there's a break coming up. Again.

• Winner
Reactions: Toma
So

The Scabbards getting murdered by kaido is going to be the tragedy then? Alright I guess I was wrong we are doing the whole five acts..but I still say this is awkward and dumb given that Kaido does not really need Hyping.

Kay....

• Disagree
Reactions: Cryogonal

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
Bruh, not reading the spoilers was worth it. I'm so hyped since 987 that I can't wait for 988 long enough.

Next week's a break for all shounen jump btw.

I'm surprised that someone in the thread even knew that TNM even exits
I’ve also been following his blind review. A coworker has been reading for the first time as well. It’s really fun and interesting seeing people’s fresh takes and experiencing the best parts for the first time.

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So

The Scabbards getting murdered by kaido is going to be the tragedy then? Alright I guess I was wrong we are doing the whole five acts..but I still say this is awkward and dumb given that Kaido does not really need Hyping.

Kay....
The tragedy could also be the Akazaya finding out that they accidentally killed Momonosuke in the initial attack on Kaido. Or all the Minks getting killed or Sanji's dick suddenly falling off forever or something

Tags
None