One Piece - FILM RED 8/6

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it true there wont be a chapter for the next 3 weeks?

Is it the release schedule that makes Wano feel so slow or is it just the arc that moves at a seemingly snail's pace? It's been going for like 120+ chapters already.
Officially Chapter 1035 is supposed to be the last chapter of the year. Chapter 1036, despite leaking early, is supposed to be the first of next year.

And hopefully the pieces are in place to segue into the next act, because this shit is getting old. Unless they stop teasing and go all in on Kaido's backstory...

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Officially Chapter 1035 is supposed to be the last chapter of the year. Chapter 1036, despite leaking early, is supposed to be the first of next year.

And hopefully the pieces are in place to segue into the next act, because this shit is getting old. Unless they stop teasing and go all in on Kaido's backstory...
Well Zoro Defeated King, and Sanji Defeated Queen...and Jimbe won his fight. So I think we will be getting into Kaido vs Luffy Proper here soon.

Trombonista

please share so we can Barry her
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that Kin'emon is going to live, his wife better be alive.
I'm calling it now, Holdem was fed one of Otama's dango and staged the village burning.

TrippinKahlua

Snoopy has joined the Mawkenda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I did enjoy this chapter, it was jammed pack with different scenes and situations, status updates, and some sense of conclusion starting to ignite.

90% of the dialogue, however, was just repetitive, cliche’d “KING OF THE PIRATES!!!!” banter. I always dislike that shit, when they could be talking of important things.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
I did enjoy this chapter, it was jammed pack with different scenes and situations, status updates, and some sense of conclusion starting to ignite.

90% of the dialogue, however, was just repetitive, cliche’d “KING OF THE PIRATES!!!!” banter. I always dislike that shit, when they could be talking of important things.
What are you talking about? Every time a character reinforces they or their captain will be the pirate king is great. It’s literally the most important aspect of the series, and the main motivation for the protagonist.

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
So I am trying to catch up on the Anime after falling behind and I am once again reminded about how great Law is as an ally of the Straw Hats in terms of personality.

"No matter what plan we Make...The Idiots will charge the front door."
Yeah, Law is great as an ally because he actually complement the Strawhats by being the logical no-nonsense guy, especially since Oda used the "adults" of the crew like Robin and Zoro for jokes as well

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
"Keep them Safe...GOD Usopp"

It's spreading.
The word of a true saviour always does. More seriously the fact that it looks like Usopp is swooning over someone calling him that is kind of funny. Him actually getting some of the celebrity he deserves is worth the long build up it took to get us here.

On the topic of Law he is the canon form of what the entire crew admitted in the Gold film. There are times when it is better Luffy does not know the plan because he will ruin it by being him. Similarly Law understands now that no plan will survive contact with the Strawhat crew and is coming to accept that. It's almost amusing that Kid is kind of a step up for him in terms of working with a team player.

Today is Gol D. Roger's birthday!
A year should be seen out the same way a life is seen out.

1640993058868.png

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There are times when it is better Luffy does not know the plan because he will ruin it by being him. Similarly Law understands now that no plan will survive contact with the Strawhat crew and is coming to accept that. It's almost amusing that Kid is kind of a step up for him in terms of working with a team player.
In all Fairness...Luffy seems to know the sort of story he is in and kind of always has, which goes all the way back to Alabasta when he directly said "The only way we solve this shit is by punching Crocodile, so you let me take care of that part."

For all of Kinemon's plans..things still came down to the fact that Luffy has to beat Kaido.

McMitch4kf

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Law is great as an ally because he actually complement the Strawhats by being the logical no-nonsense guy, especially since Oda used the "adults" of the crew like Robin and Zoro for jokes as well
The biggest element aiding Law as a character is he’s not always the straight man, and can and has been wrapped up in the Strawhats’ antics of only a little.

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
In all Fairness...Luffy seems to know the sort of story he is in and kind of always has, which goes all the way back to Alabasta when he directly said "The only way we solve this shit is by punching Crocodile, so you let me take care of that part."

For all of Kinemon's plans..things still came down to the fact that Luffy has to beat Kaido.
Partially true. Luffy is a simple creature and solves all problems by applying his very basic reasoning to it. He's not genre savvy but he is at least capable of recognising that some people are a problem so big that as long as they're active no solution can be reached.

However his ability to deal with them is much more limited so he can only handle them his way. To use Gold as the example he would not have come up with a plan as convoluted as what was used because he is both not that calculating or that controlled to execute it. Similarly the breakout from Impel Down succeeded because Bentham (Mr 2) recognised that even if Luffy won a fight with Magellen it would not be enough to escape Impel Down and carried out the part of the plan that was needed and that Luffy would never have been able to agree to.

Ultimately there are a lot of people in the One Piece setting who as long as they are able to act negate the ability for things to be resolved. Enel was probably the epitome of it being a lightning hurler lunatic with extrasensory abilities that basically let him smite anyone on the entire island but Kaido is more of the same. As for that matter are people well below him. Turn the majority of named characters from this arc loose on the average One Piece settlement and it'll be a bloodbath. But then that is how most shonen series go.

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know there are a lot more big tiddy animu girls in the anime version of Kaido's party.

I kind of want to declare Allegiance to Kaido now.

Edit : Did Luffy call out Kid for not following Kinemon's plan in the Manga? I forget because if not then it is certainly a top 10 "Anime only moment" because LUFFY of all people calling out someone for not following a plan is peak Luffy.

Last edited:

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know there are a lot more big tiddy animu girls in the anime version of Kaido's party.

I kind of want to declare Allegiance to Kaido now.

Edit : Did Luffy call out Kid for not following Kinemon's plan in the Manga? I forget because if not then it is certainly a top 10 "Anime only moment" because LUFFY of all people calling out someone for not following a plan is peak Luffy.
Yeah, Luffy went off after Kid to prevent the plan from going to shit, and Zoro went after Luffy to prevent Luffy from sending the plan to shit. As told by Jimbei.

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Luffy went off after Kid to prevent the plan from going to shit, and Zoro went after Luffy to prevent Luffy from sending the plan to shit. As told by Jimbei.
Well, I forgot that happened so I got to laugh at it again.

TrippinKahlua

Snoopy has joined the Mawkenda.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chapter 1,037: "Shuron Hakke".

- The Japanese name is “酒 龍 八卦” which would roughly translate as “Eight Trigrams Dragon Sake”. It is a variant of Kaidou's Raimei Hakke (Eight Trigrams Thunder).

Brief summary thanks to Redon from AP forums

- The end of the festival is approaching in the "Capital of Flowers".

- Luffy Vs. Kaidou.

- Kaidou drinks sake during the battle.

- The "Shuron Hakke" seems to be a drunken Kaidou technique.

- Alcohol makes Kaidou go through several phases in his fight against Luffy: sad, crying and angry.

- Kaidou: "“ Gundari: Ryuseigun ”!!!"

- Luffy: "" Gomu Gomu no Roc Gatling "!!!"

- We went to the "Castle of Pangea" in "Mary Geoise".

- The "Gorousei" talks about catching Nico Robin.

- We see Government warships near Wanokuni.

- Someone from the fleet informs the "Gorousei" that they see a shadow.

- The "Gorousei" says that it is not possible, that even for them it is a legend, and that it had not awakened in the last centuries.

- The "Gorousei" ends up talking about a Devil Fruit and that they have given that fruit another name to hide his true name. (It's not the gomu gomu no mi according to the leaker)

- The chapter ends by revealing the identity of that shadow seen by the government ships in the Wanokuni Sea. (It's a gigantic shadow)

Note - Gorosei's dialogue about a fruit's awakening doesn't necessarily have to relate to the shadow in question. These can be 2 separate topics of discussion