One Piece - FILM RED 8/6

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Given we got the timeline for this right before Wano kicked off, my theory was that Rocks himself somehow did it as a fuck you from beyond the grave.
Now I theorize it was something in the God Valley environment that compromised his long-term health, like the equivalent to radiation poisoning or he got cancer from a fungus his crew stayed the fuck away from because they weren't retarded.
Yeah, but the World Government being the cause of the thing that spurred Gol onto actually finding Raftel, thus causing their downfall because he caused the inevitability of someone else getting there by announcing One Piece's existence would be something one could add to a funny story.

Edit : Also it is the World Government, them trying to poison someone because they might have heard about the Ancient History from Xebbec is very likely for their particular brand of fucking stupid.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but the World Government being the cause of the thing that spurred Gol onto actually finding Raftel, thus causing their downfall because he caused the inevitability of someone else getting there by announcing One Piece's existence would be something one could add to a funny story.

Edit : Also it is the World Government, them trying to poison someone because they might have heard about the Ancient History from Xebbec is very likely for their particular brand of fucking stupid.
That might be the case, however indirect, but keep in mind God Valley happened a year after the Roger Pirates docked at Lodestar Island. Roger was probably one of a shitload-many pirates the Government had no reason to give special attention to until God Valley. Finding out Lodestar was the thing that sent him searching towards the final island (he wanted a complete circumnavigation of the world) so he spent 13 years on another voyage looking for shit to point him that way.

And while I agree with you about the World Government being retarded, the problem in that scenario is getting close enough to Roger to actually pull it off. Him and his crew were pretty insular, and Roger was a fucking psycho at the worst of times (he killed Squard's crew merely because they talked smack).

Realistically it's probably an irony thing (strongest man with few equals in a fantasy world gets defeated by the mundane) that cut his life short (and I'm thinking this probably tied into why he laughed at the end of the journey).

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
Gol got his incurable disease after God Valley Incident?
Yeah. It's the reason he went on the final journey. I thought we already knew this?
*Tin Foil Hat about The World Government poisoning him intensifies*
Since the WG has proven themselves completely stupid and incompetent when it comes to anything and everything, they can't have poisoned him. He'd survive that knowing their track record

I hope it's just an illness really, I kind of don't want everything in OP to go back to the WG. It makes the world feel way smaller.

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly like that there’s such a gap. It paints Roger as the guy that’s clearly done everything and anything.
I don't mind either way, I just assumed that like Roger got sick, went to the grand line..found Lodestone island and just went straight on from that to get the Poneglyphs.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
We've seen Luffy being inflicted wounds that we've been told will significantly shorten his lifespan on multiple occasions. Whitebeard was on life support before Marineford. A life of adventure is a perilous thing for a captain.

I'm not going to attribute Roger's illness to anything besides traversing the Grand Line until there's more than zero support in the story for it.

Akumaten

kiwifarms.net
Also, I realize it's not One Piece or Oda I have a problem with
Same here, but with anitubers and fans wanting One Piece to be "darker". Also making Luffy being an "underdog" character. Luffy has always been a crazy, quirky captain,
One of my favorite parts of the story is Zoro contexualizing the loyalties and the path of the Straw Hats in chapter 438 "Pride". The crew may have their quirks, but if a crew who doesn't respect their capatin and a capatin who doesn't earn that respect will be a crew that fails.

Last edited:

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing about OP is, at the very end of the day, it's just a really well done children's show, and as such, it will never ever go full grimdark.

Even during Marineford, which was the series' darkest point, there were plenty of uplifting moments where hope was placed for the world's future and Luffy's adventure..

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Big Mom ate her fellow orphans and Mother Carmel, yo, and she doesn't remember that shit happening.
Arlong murdered Nami's Adopted Mother infront of her
Chopper poisoned his own Adopted Father
Onaha was outright Genocided
Boa Hancock was a Sex Slave.
Impel Down has people being Starved, Frozen and Burned to Death.
The World Government murdered every child born within Six months in Gol D Rodger's last path through the World.
Big Mom ate people alive.

Luffy being an upbeat dumbass is almost the exception to the world as a whole.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just hit me no one's brought up that we have a list of islands where the final Poneglyph may be, and uh... huh.
2022-06-29 12.52.00 cdn.onepiecechapters.com 074d18ca6eb5.png

Elbaf would've been too convenient tbh, but still won't take it off the table for now. They might have information about it without having it in person.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Elbaf would've been too convenient tbh, but still won't take it off the table for now. They might have information about it without having it in person.
Fullalead makes quite a bit of sense since Blackbeard could've taken the Fishman Island poneglyph (it used to be Whitebeard turf, the Grudge War happening could account for why it fell under Big Mom's rule instead of his), assuming it was still there after Roger died.

Vira's a weird one because it's only ever been mentioned twice and nothing more than that, not like some place like the Lulusia Kingdom (which has been alluded to and even seen multiple times).

And quite a few of those others in the list are in the New World, unoccupied (by the Four Emperors) territory

Honka Honka Burning Love

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Full-a-lead is likely an instant elimination unless it was Whitebeard Territory Pre-blackbeard (and honestly it would kind of be obvious given it was Rocks' base)

Elbaf seems to obvious Narratively, I still think that Elbaf will be a shorter arc like Zou.

Vira..seems like an interesting idea, given that it was introduced with the High Ranking Revolutionaries.

6MillionCoofs

kiwifarms.net
there were plenty of uplifting moments where hope was placed for the world's future and Luffy's adventure..
And it ended with all of the people placing those hopes dying, knocking Luffy into a depression coma and then Luffy quitting

Thing with most grimdark stuff is it doesn’t actually go dark in regard to the story. It’s just coloured or animated that way.

There’s a reason why a lot of the most disturbing shit you’ll ever read is aimed at children and not teans or adults.

All these OP fans wanting OP to .be dark or serious don’t know what the fuck they’re talking about and never have

Rezza

kiwifarms.net
Arlong murdered Nami's Adopted Mother infront of her
Chopper poisoned his own Adopted Father
Onaha was outright Genocided
Boa Hancock was a Sex Slave.
Impel Down has people being Starved, Frozen and Burned to Death.
The World Government murdered every child born within Six months in Gol D Rodger's last path through the World.
Big Mom ate people alive.

Luffy being an upbeat dumbass is almost the exception to the world as a whole.
It's almost like Luffy being the idiot thag he is is the point of the manga
Also I didn't remember Boa was explicitly mentioned as a sex slave during her slavery days. Was that just implied or I miss something?