One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

Trombonista

どんだけ!
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Miss Goldenweek's birthday! She shares a character song with Mr. 3/Galdino:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Okay, so after reading the last chapter, I came to a potentially horrifying revelation and I can't sit on it for much longer:
If Tonoyasu's real name is Yasu'ie and he was known to people as "Yasu the Hedgehog", does that mean that he's autistic? And that Toko is autistic too?

• Winner
  • Horrifying
Reactions: Done and Mr. 0

Trombonista

どんだけ!
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Garp's birthday! Here's his character song:

It's also Cosette's birthday.

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Time for a new Reverie episode. I think we should meet King Sterry tonight.

I'm really holding my breath for an early Im cameo, but I guess I need to be patient.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Done

Trombonista

どんだけ!
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today we have two birthdays: Koushirou (Zoro's teacher and Kuina's dad) and Ishilly (the mermaid who accidentally endangered Sanji's life).

Trombonista

どんだけ!
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today's the birthday of our future Pirate King, Monkey D. Luffy! Here are his pixiv tags, and here's his first post-timeskip character song:

Today is also the birthday of the fake Luffy, Demalo Black, and I have to share this with you all because it is hilarious:

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EID IEOT NOITAMINA EID!!!!

They are legit butchering this arc, if it wasn't for the Golden Week break I wouldn't even be watching this dreck.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
EID IEOT NOITAMINA EID!!!!

They are legit butchering this arc, if it wasn't for the Golden Week break I wouldn't even be watching this dreck.
I'm kinda afraid to ask because episode 870 was so fucking good and that was the last episode my brother and I have watched thus far. It really was too good to be true, huh?

Slimy Time

Rape Face #3
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda afraid to ask because episode 870 was so fucking good and that was the last episode my brother and I have watched thus far. It really was too good to be true, huh?
They have gone into the "oh fuck, we are too close to manga, and Oda is writing at a snails pace, what do we do?... Just make 80% of the Levely arc flashbacks to shit we have already seen, like Luffy saving Coby from Alvida, that will do it, far easier than making another filler arc."

The anime which gave us the great G-8 filler arc, possibly one of the best shonen fillers arc made and ran for about 3 months, now reduced to this.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they really wanted to remind people of old content and buy time (both are valid reasons, there are characters who didn't meaningfully show-up for half a decade at least), then why not just do straight recap specials like they did with Marineford? That would have been far more palateable than this weird hybrid solution.

What really pisses me off is that apart from spoiling Luffy's new bounty before the actual reveal (yes that happens), the manga scenes are mostly recreated really well with actual directorial intent (as in they're not just cloning the manga panels with tons of slow pan shots and calling it a day), it's the constant dumb flashbacks (and the resulting reordering of content) that are completely ruining the hypest arc in OP, and to make matters worse, those flashbacks in themselves are not even chosen well, for example, what the fuck does the Impel Down arc have in common with this one? Literally zero. Why am I even seeing the 1st Luffy/Magellan fight? No one knows.

However, all the above probably means that the One Pace version of the Reverie arc will be super hyper ultra mega good!

Rumors are that they're saving a lot of the really big guns for Wano, and I hope that's true, that arc's constant off-screening of events gives more opportunities for meaningful filler content ala the Whole Cake arc, I can already think of at least 3 additional scenes that would make the pacing even better than the manga.

EDIT: Found a fan re-edit for chapters 903/904, they work almost flawlessly!
903: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUHjh8IT5Q
904: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIxRDAwJNJk

Last edited:

Trombonista

どんだけ!
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today's the birthday of Maynard, the Navy soldier who was going to compete in the Corrida Colosseum tournament, but got his ass kicked by Bartolomeo.

• Semper Fidelis

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@TrippinKahlua Artur sat down and made a complete guide to characters in Wano:

Today's the birthday of Maynard, the Navy soldier who was going to compete in the Corrida Colosseum tournament, but got his ass kicked by Bartolomeo.
Vice-Admiral. Which makes it more impressive from Barto.

Reactions: TrippinKahlua

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@neural thanks. But I was gonna be mad if you posted spoilers and tagged me just to incorrectly point out that Luffy is gonna "show off" despite there being no one around for him to do so with.

That said, I doubt that would help me. Despite @Mr. 0 's chagrin, I actually know plenty about Japanese folklore. I knew who Ben K was, who Bimbogami is, what a Kokeshi is, yadayada. I was just mocking all the name drops that weren't anyone's names in the first place.

No, my main problem in Wano is the offscreening and character warping.

• Feels
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino