One Piece - I'm Gonna be the Pirate King!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the more you guys complain about shit happening off-screen the more I hope that Wano reaches 100 chapters like Dressrosa did

neural

It is what it is 'cept it ain't what it used to be
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a really cool theory (for manga readers):

Edit: Spoilers are out too:
One Piece Chapter 942 Spoilers
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Summary
From Redon.
Thanks to hik2j.

In the cover, someone is eating cheese and drinking with mice.

All chapter is about Yasu. At the end of the chapter he's executed.

No chapter next week.

More from Redon.

More information I can post.

- 17 pages chapter.
  • 2 first pages are Yasu flashback with Oden (we can see only Oden shape).
  • X Drake and Hawkins guard execution cross.
  • Orochi arrives in a palanquin and shots Yasu. Then Orochi soldiers shot Yasu too.
  • Toko, Hiyori and Zoro see all. People from Yasu town are crying and smiling at the same time.

A bit more.

- Yasu is smiling all the chapter, even when he dies.
  • Shutenmaru arrives to the execution too, he's behind the cross and Orochi's subordinates (they can't see Shutenmaru).
  • Kinemon and Inuarashi arrive too at the same place.
  • At the end of the chapter, after Yasu death, Hiyori stops Zoro. Then she hugs him and cries.
Another break next week (:_(

Last edited:

neural

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chapter is out:
Well, that was fucking dark, I was legit tearing up for a second there. This will play great in the anime.

What this really reminds me of is Roger's final moments. A popular figure engineers his own demise in the most public fashion in order to influence people into following a plan of his (in Yasuie's case it was to reset the failed revolution, in Roger's case it was to ignite the age of piracy), and he dies with a big smile!

I've been wondering for a while whether there was any connection between the D family and Wano, the ponyglyphs being created there certainly points towards some relationship between the Wano country and the void century. It's also no coincidence that Wano has been closed off for a long, long time (maybe even since the VC!?).

I don't know, my mind is racing, and it will have an entire break week to do it.

TrippinKahlua

Professionalism - At its finest.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even X Drake is pointing out how random and shifty everything in this country is.

Well, I can see this is a pivot in the Wano story. I still can't figure out how this Yasui guy got so important out of nowhere. (and yes @Mr. 0, I do know who he is! I just don't know why he is!) Damn though, I'm kinda surprised this death is happening on screen. At least Kinemon is happy things are turning out this way. I particularly like the moment where Yasui is mentioning how the plan is now at a "Blank State" superimposed with the panel that contains Big Mom and the elephant in that room. And so Komurasaki (I can't remember her real name right now) reveals the truth behind the smiling people... Damn this was my kind of chapter. This is what I need more of, exposition!

Pretty surprised there was no Luffy here though.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: neural

TrippinKahlua

Professionalism - At its finest.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Zoro and Brook are back at the Capitol... weren't they in the Ringo district? Does Wano have invisible bullet trains or something?

What's with all the character teleporting?

And you know what else? Big Mom has been back in the story for like two or three months real time and so far, Chopper is the only one of the Straw Hats who is aware of this. Maybe the others might know if they stop moving around so much.

I guess the latter half of the arc will be so action and info packed this slow start will make sense.

Now that we know why the citizens of Ebisu town (if that's the correct location) are frozen in eternal smiling emotion, I kinda am thinking there is a link between this and Charlotte Linlins own mental problem.

neural

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Zoro and Brook are back at the Capitol... weren't they in the Ringo district? Does Wano have invisible bullet trains or something?
Do you want to see panels and panels of characters running around? narrative expediency trumps realism in this case imo, Punk Hazard was fucking boring with all the running around in Caesar's base, as realistic as that was.

Plus Zoro was pretty close to the Capital iirc, some of the other characters are seeing it through the den den mushis (it was broadcast in all of Wano).

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. 0

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, that was fucking dark, I was legit tearing up for a second there. This will play great in the anime.

What this really reminds me of is Roger's final moments. A popular figure engineers his own demise in the most public fashion in order to influence people into following a plan of his (in Yasuie's case it was to reset the failed revolution, in Roger's case it was to ignite the age of piracy), and he dies with a big smile!

I've been wondering for a while whether there was any connection between the D family and Wano, the ponyglyphs being created there certainly points towards some relationship between the Wano country and the void century. It's also no coincidence that Wano has been closed off for a long, long time (maybe even since the VC!?).

I don't know, my mind is racing, and it will have an entire break week to do it.
This may get even darker (maybe Punk Hazard levels of dark) if it comes out the chapter ended the way it did because there were huge amounts of human experimentation involved in the creation of SMILEs (like by extracting the emotions from people or by force-feeding them the fruits to see if they worked). Even if that turns out to be way off, the implications (Hiyori's wording here is important) are not good.

neural

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This may get even darker (maybe Punk Hazard levels of dark) if it comes out the chapter ended the way it did because there were huge amounts of human experimentation involved in the creation of SMILEs (like by extracting the emotions from people or by force-feeding them the fruits to see if they worked). Even if that turns out to be way off, the implications (Hiyori's wording here is important) are not good.
I think people are taking it far too literally. The villagers were still crying for Yasuie while they're laughing, so it isn't like they don't have any more emotions, it's more like they're forced to suppress them and act like they're having fun because of Orochi's tyranny.

I think it's more likely that she's referring to how SMILEs established Kaido and Orochi's military domination of Wano for over 2 decades, which pretty much killed all their attempts at rebellion. In that sense, the artificial fruits are the primary reason that they have been forced to watch their country, their natural habitat and their lives go to shit for over 20 years now.

The fact that they're named that way is kind of a metaphor for the fake smiles their presence produced, it's all they can muster to get through the day and survive under this brutal regime.

Trombonista

Merger of the Double Posts
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remember that harbor town that Buggy took over when we first met him? Well, in that town there's a bookseller named Poro, and today's his birthday.

• Semper Fidelis
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino