One Piece - GLC 17 10/14

Trombonista

I'll tie Gucci Mane up and beat him with a stick
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Vinsmoke Judge's birthday1

I loved it when he cried like a little bitch at the Tea Party.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think people are taking it far too literally. The villagers were still crying for Yasuie while they're laughing, so it isn't like they don't have any more emotions, it's more like they're forced to suppress them and act like they're having fun because of Orochi's tyranny.

I think it's more likely that she's referring to how SMILEs established Kaido and Orochi's military domination of Wano for over 2 decades, which pretty much killed all their attempts at rebellion. In that sense, the artificial fruits are the primary reason that they have been forced to watch their country, their natural habitat and their lives go to shit for over 20 years now.

The fact that they're named that way is kind of a metaphor for the fake smiles their presence produced, it's all they can muster to get through the day and survive under this brutal regime.
@Mr. 0, MangaPlus is out today, the app prevents you from taking screenshots, but the official translation seems like it supports what I said above. People are making a nothingburger and will disappoint themselves in 2 weeks.

The lines (bolding or underlining is mine for emphasis):
Zoro: What's wrong with--‽
Hiyori: No!! They're all crying!! The People of Ebisu who always laugh.. can't actually show when they're sad or suffering!! They've been robbed of every expression but smiles, laughing is all they can do anymore!! And it's all.. because of Kaido and Orochi.. It's because of those things they brought here.. The "SMILE" fruits!!!

• Horrifying
Reactions: Mr. 0

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know I really wanted to report on the amines rendition of Reverie but each episode just keeps bogging us further with flashbacks. I am not here to report on flashbacks, and especially the Sabaody-Return parts.

I get the anime isn't produced the same as the manga, it takes me five minutes to sift through a chapter. The broadcast has 22 minutes to cover. But they can at least create filler scenes starring Celestial Dragons and other people at Marie Jois.

Today is Vinsmoke Judge's birthday1

I loved it when he cried like a little bitch at the Tea Party.
Since I kept reading his voice in a rendition of a mean and churlish version of Zeff, I hope that's how the English dub portrays him.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Mr. 0, MangaPlus is out today, the app prevents you from taking screenshots, but the official translation seems like it supports what I said above. People are making a nothingburger and will disappoint themselves in 2 weeks.

The lines (bolding or underlining is mine for emphasis):
Zoro: What's wrong with--‽
Hiyori: No!! They're all crying!! The People of Ebisu who always laugh.. can't actually show when they're sad or suffering!! They've been robbed of every expression but smiles, laughing is all they can do anymore!! And it's all.. because of Kaido and Orochi.. It's because of those things they brought here.. The "SMILE" fruits!!!
Well, I did say wording is important. Those damn japs are masters at getting us all hyped up.

@neural @TrippinKahlua and you guys thought the anime would finally be great again

• Feels
Reactions: Done

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@neural @TrippinKahlua and you guys thought the anime would finally be great again
I was already worried about what they would do to create distance with the manga after Whole Cake Island (because they can't place a filler arc there like they used to do), but I at least expected meaningful flashbacks, not this drivel. Hell, make some complete recap episodes and you'd be golden! The recuts I linked earlier do make things far, far better imo.

I hear Wano is getting a ton of resources though, so expect a Whole Cake Island-style improvement there.

Trombonista

Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Coby's birthday! Here's his pixiv tag, and here's his character song:

He shares his birthday with the awesome Silvers Rayleigh. Here are his pixiv tags.

• Semper Fidelis

Trombonista

Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Columbus's birthday. She's a member of the Yonta Maria Grand Fleet.

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thats a girl?
yeah make sure your not misgendering you twirling shit lord
The Wiki says girl, but pixiv dictionary says guy. I'm confused now.
@TrippinKahlua and @Mr. 0, you guys are thinking of Orlumbus (captain of the Yonta Maria fleet).

The birthday that @Trombonista posted belongs to Columbus, who is a female member of Orlumbus's crew. She appeared in the Strawhat Grand Fleet cover story if you guys recall.

Columbus's Wikia page is here:

(Yes the naming is confusing as fuck, I didn't realize it until trombonista posted her reply).

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr. 0

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@TrippinKahlua and @Mr. 0, you guys are thinking of Orlumbus (captain of the Yonta Maria fleet).

The birthday that @Trombonista posted belongs to Columbus, who is a female member of Orlumbus's crew. She appeared in the Strawhat Grand Fleet cover story if you guys recall.

Columbus's Wikia page is here:

(Yes the naming is confusing as fuck, I didn't realize it until trombonista posted her reply).
we're not thinking of orlumbus, I'm pointing out that (as far as I know, anyway) it was never established if columbus was a boy or girl

and the wiki is fucking broken on my end

• Feels

Trombonista

Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today is Mr. 13's birthday!

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who?

The otter? Oh well, it really was a break this week.... time for another six days of being told whose birthday it is...

At least Im debuts this weekend.
I feel like Mr. 13 and Miss Friday were a huge missed opportunity to introduce the minks and/or foreshadow the Zoan-type Devil Fruits (kind of like a bait-and-switch thing that would have made us go "huh" when looking back).

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino