One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
He even told all of his assistants to essentially be prepared to die for One Piece. At least he has the decent to take them out drinking once a week.

Also fuck Togashi for basically being the highest paid mangaka on Shueisha’s payroll in terms of salary and effectively spending the majority of each year playing Dragon Quest and eating chips. I love YYH and HxH but come the fuck on man, you barely manage to eek out 8 chapters a year and it’s mainly word bubbles that fill the whole page.

See, I don't get how Togashi and the creator of Berserk get such leeway to be so lazy about their manga's. I've read YYH and Berserk and think they are really amazing and the art for Berserk is just amazing. Yes they were popular in the beginning and still are now even if it's a niche fandom,but they barely churn out any work, sometimes no chapter in over a year/year and a half. Stumps the hell out of me that their editors and the editor's bosses haven't told him start producing or get fucked cause that is massive entitlement if the expect to fuck around and still have a spot in their magazine when they do churn something out. Idk, just seems weird to keep lazy employees on when they do nothing.

Also, that's kinda badass he told them to be prepared to die for One Piece.....wait a fucking second, Oda's gonna use a blood ritual to extend his life by stealing the non big titty assistant's

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
See, I don't get how Togashi and the creator of Berserk get such leeway to be so lazy about their manga's. I've read YYH and Berserk and think they are really amazing and the art for Berserk is just amazing. Yes they were popular in the beginning and still are now even if it's a niche fandom,but they barely churn out any work, sometimes no chapter in over a year/year and a half. Stumps the hell out of me that their editors and the editor's bosses haven't told him start producing or get fucked cause that is massive entitlement if the expect to fuck around and still have a spot in their magazine when they do churn something out. Idk, just seems weird to keep lazy employees on when they do nothing.

Also, that's kinda badass he told them to be prepared to die for One Piece.....wait a fucking second, Oda's gonna use a blood ritual to extend his life by stealing the non big titty assistant's
miura got even less productive once he got married. I mean, I get it, he didn't even have time to date for a couple decades. not since his twenties apparently. the guy probably wanted to enjoy his married life. but he had his honeymoon and instead of making more chapters he's just overseeing his assistants do some mythology hermaphrodite manga nobody cares about. and apparently togashi already had the storyboards for the the next batch of hxh chapters nearly done over a year ago but we haven't seen anything yet. dude needs to hire a damn artist and just do the storyboards and writing himself.

compare to the absolute monster that is oda, who manages to have a fulfilling family life, go drinking with the assistants, and draw a weekly manga with just enough one week breaks to keep himself healthy and happy.

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
instead of making more chapters he's just overseeing his assistants do some mythology hermaphrodite manga nobody cares about
He isn't just overseeing he is training them because he got new assistants. I get that people want to see new Berserk chapters - me too. But as a writer & artist I can understand that he wants to do something different from time to time.

As long as he isn't becoming another JRR Martin I'm fine with this.

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
Flashback ends this week! Or so we think. “The Story Returns to The Present” could just mean we’ll see the scabbards sent to the future finally. Also I wonder who ended up with the Toki Toki no Mi in the present day, unless it’s still in circulation.

• Autistic
Reactions: DDBCAE CBAADCBE

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
I think this chapter is going to end with Toki's death and it's not gonna be pretty cause act 3 of Kabuki's always end in a tragedy. Maybe a reveal of the traitor as well but I don't buy into any of the R/onepiece theories that it's either shinobu or one of the 9 red scabbards. This whole flashback showed how loyal Kinemon and Co were to Oden and how they respected him so much to transform from "bandits and trash" to the respectable, well mannered and groomed Samurai

Last edited:
  • Autistic

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think this chapter is going to end with Toki's death and it's not gonna be pretty cause act 3 of Kabuki's always end in a tragedy. Maybe a reveal of the traitor as well but I don't buy into any of the R/onepiece theories that it's either shinobu or one of the 9 red scabbards. This whole flashback showed how loyal Kinemon and Co were to Oden and how they respected him so much to transform from "bandits and trash" to the respectable, well mannered and groomed Samurai
A couple of r/OnePiece theories I read suggested the traitor isn't betraying Oden's cause so much as betraying the people of Wano as a whole for being bystanders while Oden saved them or some shit. Not that it's necessary considering Orochi's been eroding the life force of the whole country at his leisure for 25 years

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
A couple of r/OnePiece theories I read suggested the traitor isn't betraying Oden's cause so much as betraying the people of Wano as a whole for being bystanders while Oden saved them or some shit. Not that it's necessary considering Orochi's been eroding the life force of the whole country at his leisure for 25 years

I'll admit I've been browsing the sub a bit less lately but damn I didn't see that theory at all. That would be some heavily counterproductive shit for anyone on Kozuki side to do and even more so if it get's found out. Honestly, we don't know how many people in Ringo prison or outside of it could know about Hiyori cause Luffy and others do kind of have big ass mouths. I'm under the impression that for one of the leaks it could be the Oniwanbanshu are or have been tailing the SH's and/or Hiyori since they are masters of stealth.

Orochi just knows way too much and honestly, he's a pretty terrifying and calculating motherfucker nowadays even if he is a paranoid little weasel. He didn't let on that he knew Old Maid was full of shit, he found Hiyori's position and the new port location, had troops mobilize to ransack it completely with no sign of Franky or the workers. Underestimating Orochi will be the biggest flaw in their plan and biggest flaw in the OP fandoms reasonings that Kaido is the brains.

• Autistic

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit I've been browsing the sub a bit less lately but damn I didn't see that theory at all. That would be some heavily counterproductive shit for anyone on Kozuki side to do and even more so if it get's found out. Honestly, we don't know how many people in Ringo prison or outside of it could know about Hiyori cause Luffy and others do kind of have big ass mouths. I'm under the impression that for one of the leaks it could be the Oniwanbanshu are or have been tailing the SH's and/or Hiyori since they are masters of stealth.

Orochi just knows way too much and honestly, he's a pretty terrifying and calculating motherfucker nowadays even if he is a paranoid little weasel. He didn't let on that he knew Old Maid was full of shit, he found Hiyori's position and the new port location, had troops mobilize to ransack it completely with no sign of Franky or the workers. Underestimating Orochi will be the biggest flaw in their plan and biggest flaw in the OP fandoms reasonings that Kaido is the brains.
Others have speculated the CP0 have been leaking info to Orochi (though I don't think that accounts for the whole showdown with Jack at Zou).
Orochi may have been propped up by others to get where he is, but he's also had 20 years to up his game a bit since being introduced to the idea that his downfall is a sure thing, so I kind of agree with you there. I also want to know the whole point behind his devil fruit.

Also Orochi hasn't figured out he has two things working against him:
1)Kyoshiro shit-talks him behind his back and is implied to be plotting against him (the port tokage sketch, komurasaki, etc)
2)He destroyed all but one of the connecting bridges in the Land of Wano, bottlenecking all traffic into the capital, which is where the all the imprisoned rebels and Kyoshiro are

Though it might be to early to tell if these will actually work against him.

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
Wow, I gotta say this is some heavy spoiler for Wano but I'm eating crow on this. I can't believe Kyoshiro is fucking Denjiro AND the Witching Hour Boy. I had him easily pegged for Witching Hour Boy at least considering how he was before he met Oden. I think with this the flashback will be finished though and gotta say I have loved the whole story of Oden from start to finish

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None