One Piece - I'm gonna be the Pirate King!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Autistic
Reactions: DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
What the hell did he do to his face?

Never saw Memento so I can't say anything here.
I had to read it twice over but when he’s in hiding the seasons change. His hair whitened (from stress?) and his eyebrows arched permanently. On the other hand, anger doesn’t alter your facial structure. On the other other hand, O-Tsuru’s face basically turned into an ukiyo-e painting as well so I’m willing to suspend my disbelief.

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I had to read it twice over but when he’s in hiding the seasons change. His hair whitened (from stress?) and his eyebrows arched permanently. On the other hand, anger doesn’t alter your facial structure. On the other other hand, O-Tsuru’s face basically turned into an ukiyo-e painting as well so I’m willing to suspend my disbelief.
I didn't even catch the seasons changing, I thought he was in Ringo and this happened over a short period of time.

• Autistic

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
I didn't even catch the seasons changing, I thought he was in Ringo and this happened over a short period of time.
thpoiler.PNG
Basically it went from either summer to winter or spring to winter. Regardless, a decent amount of time passed since the scabbards fled the flower capital.

• Autistic

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whoa whoa whoa

Denjiro is Kyoshiro?

Bruuuuuuuuuh.

Guess that means the theory Denjiro's related to Koushirou and/or Tashigi doesn't hold water, then.

kyoshiro is denjiro and it’d be more of a twist if the newest anime opening didn’t pretty much spoil it already lol
Did it? I hadn't paid close attention to that. But it's also been a while since I last watched the anime. Been holding it off for a while so I can binge Wano some more.

• Autistic
Whoa whoa whoa

Denjiro is Kyoshiro?

Bruuuuuuuuuh.

Guess that means the theory Denjiro's related to Koushirou and/or Tashigi doesn't hold water, then.

Did it? I hadn't paid close attention to that. But it's also been a while since I last watched the anime. Been holding it off for a while so I can binge Wano some more.
When they do the images of the scabbards, Kyoshiro is shown along side Shutenmaru/Ashura Doji and Denjiro is completely missing.

• Autistic

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
Read a theory on the subreddit a few days ago concerning the final battle of SH/Mink/Heart/Samurai vs Kaido/Orochi. With this Kyoshiro reveal it makes sense that him and Hiyori have been the ones playing traitor to the cause but it was to manipulate Orochi. Kyoshiro destroyed all of the bridges except one into the capital creating a bottle neck and also covertly gathered all those loyal to the Kozuki name in one place. They can rally in the capital with Kyoshiro seizing control and revealing Momo is alive as well as their intent depose Kaido. The final battle won't be taking place at Onigashima, instead it will be the capital that becomes a full on battleground as Orochi and Kaido find the capital and Wano has been seized from under them.

• Autistic

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Read a theory on the subreddit a few days ago concerning the final battle of SH/Mink/Heart/Samurai vs Kaido/Orochi. With this Kyoshiro reveal it makes sense that him and Hiyori have been the ones playing traitor to the cause but it was to manipulate Orochi. Kyoshiro destroyed all of the bridges except one into the capital creating a bottle neck and also covertly gathered all those loyal to the Kozuki name in one place. They can rally in the capital with Kyoshiro seizing control and revealing Momo is alive as well as their intent depose Kaido. The final battle won't be taking place at Onigashima, instead it will be the capital that becomes a full on battleground as Orochi and Kaido find the capital and Wano has been seized from under them.
I've read stuff to this effect but the problems are:
1) Kyoshiro didn't bottleneck traffic to the capital, Orochi did.
2) The Akazaya Nine are still a factor unaccounted for (the last we saw of them right before the flashback started was them sailing to Onigashima
3) A LOT of civilians stand to get killed or hurt if the Flower Capital is where shit goes down, which is the exact thing Oden was trying to prevent.
4) The Big Mom Pirates are also not accounted for, and the alliance between them and the Animal Kingdom Pirates could potentially fuck all of Wano into oblivion.

• Autistic

mandatorylurk

kiwifarms.net
I'm just wondering since I don't know if we'll get Elbaf or other places before Raftel, if Wano is going to be the big New World clusterfuck where everyone shows up to just fight like Marineford 2.0, and Raftel is more Straw Hats vs. Blackbeard.

We've got the Straw Hat fleet out there, the Rebel Army out there with their HQ destroyed or maybe just seeing Dragon show up, all the former Warlords now excommunicado, Jinbe still waiting to join up, Drake still relaying info, Garp still out there to possibly show up so they could do a flashback with him and Roger and set up Kaido more, Shanks and Celestial Dragons doing something...

Dropping it all on Wano, this country that was isolated for so long but then everything in the world shows up on their doorstep instead of the big fight for Raftel would be a different change of pace.

I'm just wondering since I don't know if we'll get Elbaf or other places before Raftel, if Wano is going to be the big New World clusterfuck where everyone shows up to just fight like Marineford 2.0, and Raftel is more Straw Hats vs. Blackbeard.

We've got the Straw Hat fleet out there, the Rebel Army out there with their HQ destroyed or maybe just seeing Dragon show up, all the former Warlords now excommunicado, Jinbe still waiting to join up, Drake still relaying info, Garp still out there to possibly show up so they could do a flashback with him and Roger and set up Kaido more, Shanks and Celestial Dragons doing something...

Dropping it all on Wano, this country that was isolated for so long but then everything in the world shows up on their doorstep instead of the big fight for Raftel would be a different change of pace.
I think the Climax of Wano is going to be the start of where everything starts to go out of control, I think Elbaf might be a Minor arc compared to the others given that at the end of Wano Luffy will have 3 Poneglyphs and will have beaten at least one of the Yonko in a straight fight.

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Luffy will have... beaten at least one of the Yonko in a straight fight.
I think Oda's alluded to that possibly not being the case; he's said Luffy isn't just going to battle Kaido like that, I think or something along those lines. He certainly didn't beat Doflamingo in a straight fight; Law fucked him up a bit (even if it didn't do as much as it should've) too. He also only won against Katakuri because Katakuri threw the fight at the end.

I think Oda's alluded to that possibly not being the case; he's said Luffy isn't just going to battle Kaido like that, I think or something along those lines. He certainly didn't beat Doflamingo in a straight fight; Law fucked him up a bit (even if it didn't do as much as it should've) too. He also only won against Katakuri because Katakuri threw the fight at the end.
I would give higher possibility to that if we didn't didn't end Whole Cake Island in that manor. Are we going to really have Luffy turn tail and run against one of his strongest opponents again?

• Autistic

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
Mihawk mentioned during Marineford that Luffy's greatest strength is how he's able to rally almost anyone behind him. He's managed to make allies out of even Bege, who was probably the supernova with the least amount of redeeming qualities when he was first introduced. But even so, I wouldn't call it unreasonable to have the battle against Kaido to follow a similar structure to Crocodile with three rounds against Luffy, only round 2 will be against the scabbards + SHP and round 3 will be a 1v1 with Luffy after being worn down. It also leaves the opportunity open for Zoro to scar Kaido with Enma as a way of avenging Oden.

• Autistic

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would give higher possibility to that if we didn't didn't end Whole Cake Island in that manor. Are we going to really have Luffy turn tail and run against one of his strongest opponents again?
The Straw Hats weren't there to pick a fight against Big Mom though, they were going to save Sanji. Pissing off Big Mom and fucking shit up were just consequences of that happening; it wasn't exactly turning tail and running so much as it was "we did what we came to do and got an idea of how such and such works, let's get the fuck out". It was even said in that arc if they were there for a fight that they'd have brought the whole crew.

Mihawk mentioned during Marineford that Luffy's greatest strength is how he's able to rally almost anyone behind him. He's managed to make allies out of even Bege, who was probably the supernova with the least amount of redeeming qualities when he was first introduced. But even so, I wouldn't call it unreasonable to have the battle against Kaido to follow a similar structure to Crocodile with three rounds against Luffy, only round 2 will be against the scabbards + SHP and round 3 will be a 1v1 with Luffy after being worn down. It also leaves the opportunity open for Zoro to scar Kaido with Enma as a way of avenging Oden.
The structure One Piece seems to follow (shit happens in the New World in a similar order to the first half) could lean towards that, otherwise I'd dismiss this as a possibility. It's worth mentioning though that when Oden fucked up Kaido he recovered pretty quick, and he's only gotten stronger since then so I doubt your "round 3" would be that straightforward.

Again, we're forgetting to factor in the presence of the Big Mom Pirates (@TrippinKahlua can back me up here).

• Autistic
The Straw Hats weren't there to pick a fight against Big Mom though, they were going to save Sanji. Pissing off Big Mom and fucking shit up were just consequences of that happening
I find that phrase to be highly suspect. Was there any doubt that Luffy and Co going to Whole Cake island wouldn't end with Luffy and Big Mom heading towards a direct conflict? Much in the same way as trying to save Robin would inevitably bring the World Government on Luffy's head, getting Sanji to tell Big Mom to screw off was going to end with The BM Pirates and The Straw hats trading blows.

I'd dismiss this as a possibility. It's worth mentioning though that when Oden fucked up Kaido he recovered pretty quick
I am of the opinion that Kaido is weaker in Dragon form than he is in Human form. Even in the Manga Luffy completely wrecked Dragon Kaido and got himself One Shot in Gear 4 by Human Kaido.

• Autistic

Mr. 0

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I find that phrase to be highly suspect. Was there any doubt that Luffy and Co going to Whole Cake island wouldn't end with Luffy and Big Mom heading towards a direct conflict? Much in the same way as trying to save Robin would inevitably bring the World Government on Luffy's head, getting Sanji to tell Big Mom to screw off was going to end with The BM Pirates and The Straw hats trading blows.
The Straw Hats and Big Mom were already setting up to fight waaay back in Fishman Island. And a direct conflict, as seen in the Totto Land arc, was only going to end with the crew's destruction.
Also the Enies Lobby thing isn't the same thing; most of the guys they fought there were fodder, the main threat were the assassins (two of whom ate devil fruits during the arc that they were completely inexperienced with).
I am of the opinion that Kaido is weaker in Dragon form than he is in Human form. Even in the Manga Luffy completely wrecked Dragon Kaido and got himself One Shot in Gear 4 by Human Kaido.
Kaido was drunk, unharmed, and merely annoyed at Luffy. Oden left a permanent mark on him that bled (while sober).

DrRockzosNose

kiwifarms.net
974 spoilers are out

God damn, I am having to eat a lot of crow lately that the little fuckers are starting to become tasty kinda if you add salt and some Lowry's. I find the diarrhea to be an effective colon cleanse. I always wondered if Kanjuro was a shitty artist or just pretending but this all confirms it. I truly was not expecting him to be a secret Kurozumi on top of being traitor to Oden the ENTIRE time so I have to say well done on that, Oda. Glad to see we are getting back to the present as the story of Oden was great but I know I'm not the only one itching for Marineford 2.0. Also, it's been about 5 months since the flashback started and we are finally seeing Luffy again!

Edit: Chap 974 is out

Last edited:

TrippinKahlua

From RC Enthusiast to T-Shirt Brand.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
since Kanjuro is the traitor, I only have one question. Why was he so critical in stopping Doflamingo? His power was used to stop Sugar who was revived, and would have likely kept the whole ruse going.

That said, damn does he look scary when he is coming clean. Kabuki-inspired characters are really good at that.

And also, he’s most likely the one who told Jack about Raizou being in Zou.

So glad things are finally amount up.

Argh My Cigar

You like grilled cheese?
kiwifarms.net
since Kanjuro is the traitor, I only have one question. Why was he so critical in stopping Doflamingo? His power was used to stop Sugar who was revived, and would have likely kept the whole ruse going.

That said, damn does he look scary when he is coming clean. Kabuki-inspired characters are really good at that.

And also, he’s most likely the one who told Jack about Raizou being in Zou.

So glad things are finally amount up.
I have a feeling he's gonna have a change of heart eventually and end up being one of the determining factors in Orochi's demise. He'll look back on all the memories of his time with Oden and realize he was a great man worthy of his respect more than Orochi and end up betraying his fellow Kurozumi. At least that's what I hope will happen. Imagine him using Ryunosuke to hold back Kaido.

Tags
None