OneyPlays - have a boy... with friends

Rich Evans Apologist

And thanks for all the braps
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad he got on such a positivity high of discussing internet communities' ability to draw together passionate and creative folks and buffeting them up along their way towards realizing their ambitions and eagerness. Though it does leave me even hungrier to find where one can step into that a little late in the game.
Most of us just don't have an entire thread of people trying to dig that weirdness up lol.
Self-incrimination's the way to go, which is why I make no secret of my love of fat chicks. Kindof takes the wind out of ones' sails.

Just A Butt

Walker went on to call Flaten a "weenie."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
this is surreal.

when do we get to hear about the secret Stamper stuff? dish dish, DD

Rich Evans Apologist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the appeal of Oneyplays, in particular the DD&J arcs, are precisely that it's not-exactly-internet-personalities just hanging out and being genuine. It's a comfy atmosphere, a wholesome experience that seems bereft of a certain cynicism that seems to be all over everywhere. well other than some of those merch run things that seemed like management drubbing the talent over the head about

In a way, I'd say that Oneyplays is itself a good motivational tool, contrary to some of Joolian's concerns about LPs in general. Maybe a lot of them feel like they're kindof negative sinks, and perhaps I'm playing favorites, but it does feel like OP is a little different. give me those puzzle pieces

I'm certainly past the prime of getting stuck in on any of those old wellsprings from which today's talent has sprung, but just seeing people talking about games who go on to produce content, talk about their past successes and failures, and broadly stay above the kinds of petty backstabbing and gossiping that lots of creatives get into (which we meticulously curate, of course) - it's a good motivator to keep on chugging along, so as to one day put my pretentious and stupid vision out for the wider world to deride and decry such that I can have my own "games aren't art" moment one day.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
I'm glad he got on such a positivity high of discussing internet communities' ability to draw together passionate and creative folks and buffeting them up along their way towards realizing their ambitions and eagerness. Though it does leave me even hungrier to find where one can step into that a little late in the game.

Self-incrimination's the way to go, which is why I make no secret of my love of fat chicks. Kindof takes the wind out of ones' sails.
Posting a clip of his reply so people know we ain't bullshitting this. (The audio in these is pitched down since it was a direct recording of the stream.)

Also dingus still hasn't said he likes stinky doo-doo. Disappointing. :(

EDIT: The truth comes out! Also some thoughts on Kiwifarms.

Last edited:

lumrejington

kiwifarms.net
I've been listening while working this whole time and was so confused. I kept hearing names I knew then scanning chat and not seeing anything. What a bizarre thing this is.

Intelligent Calcium

Humble Fantabulist
kiwifarms.net
We don't want people to cease, we have rules about not interacting and the ideal is just observing. Ceasing means no more content after all. The forums just got way too big and either some people from here can't stick to the rules, or people from outside use information from here to mess with people. In an ideal world we could just have our discussions and nobody from the outside would see it, but the internet is just way too interconnected now.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
We don't want people to cease, we have rules about not interacting and the ideal is just observing. Ceasing means no more content after all. The forums just got way too big and either some people from here can't stick to the rules, or people from outside use information from here to mess with people. In an ideal world we could just have our discussions and nobody from the outside would see it, but the internet is just way too interconnected now.
(This is in reply to DD btw)

Yeah, I can't speak for everyone who uses Kiwifarms but when I want someone to "cease" it's less for being weird in general and more for being weird in a self-destructive/toxic way. Otherwise I have no issue with people being weird, and I'm not gonna go after people like a complete buttmad tard.

Rich Evans Apologist

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We have a rule against weens, a-logging, as well as the proverbial cowtipping, DD. There's an active disagreement on doxing in the wider "community," and despite a few rotten apples (who are often more recent, which apparently caused a furore among the old guard) -- the Farms loves a good redemption story. We want to see people improve and get better, and mostly just catalogue hopeless cases.

It's just unfortunate given the size of the site that there will always be bad actors that harass over it, and given the nature of things it can be hard to tell. Ideally, we simply archive everything and have a little giggle in our own gossip box. Like, say, about the guy who has bought 15 or so ipads/imacs/tablets in a year or so while claiming to desperately need money on twitter, using the transcrowdfund hashtag to do so. I'm genuinely not kidding - 13 tablets and 11 computers all while saying without $500 in crowdfunding a month, he'll starve and die. It's fun to watch in confusion as to how people like that... exist. Ideally, we're the TV audience of Jerry Springer, and anyone who inserts themselves into the peoples' lives are spoilsportsthat aught be excommunicated.
In an ideal world we could just have our discussions and nobody from the outside would see it, but the internet is just way too interconnected now.
Yeah, and it's also something of a haven for lots of other internet people that have run out of places to go - many of which aren't exactly the best sports.

POGGERS

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah running shine goes into it more, but and forgive me Allah for saying this, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Thematically it's not cool or interesting and mechanically it's boring and tedious. Just cut it out. Just cut the bad part out Allanson twins.

You know it makes me think maybe publishers that play handler for devs know what's up sometimes. That mechanic seems like it would've been axed under any other publisher. But wasn't, probably due to one of the devs liking the concept so much that they didn't wanna compromise their vision of it. Or it could be because the publisher's totally not a money laundering scheme website looks like a cult recruiting homepage.
Apparently “Two Brothers” had something similar in that it was your item bad that was an entire dungeon in itself. So if you wanted to heal yourself, you had to literally walk into your bag, walk into the “consumables” floor, fall to the “health” floor, pick up the item, and then walk out of the bag.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Dunno if I'm too late. But DD you and Julian have been really fun to watch. I got into OneyPlays after you two left and being able to enjoy new uploads featuring you and Julian has been an absolute treat. Good luck with your games!

I don't like furries in general but you and Julian? You're both alright.