Opening a 90's Time Capsule *Nostalgic* - 7/22/19

Turd Blossom

Take your protein pills & put your helmet on
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bless you for the recaps, gorls. There's no way I'm watching this for 10 inscrutiating minutes and I appreciate the fuck out of you for sitting through this nonsense on our behalf.

One question remains: After she's done "surprising" Becky with this time capsule (no snapbacks, dvds or tees? Becky will likely be unimpressed, although she'll probably dig the tattoos) will the box of crap reside in the cupboard alongside the Pioneer Woman cups and grockpot... Or in the junkroom underneath the discarded Culligan dispenser?
Wait.. no doubt it will be carefully placed next to the pink weights which in my estimation has to be somewhere near the lego collection of 2018 and her super-cyuute-scrunchie hoard.
If you really stop to think about it, Amber's house is a time capsule of discarded, forgotten obsessions. Look out, Coldest Water Bottle- your time is coming.

Shaved Kiwis

Mimetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
IF you absolutely must record in the shitter at least get a chair from another room so you're not literally sitting on the toilet. Also while I'm at it I'm kinda pissed by the time capsule box design. The styling and the fake stickers on the outside look more 80s to me unless they were going for a Saved by the Bell vibe which again stylistically had a bunch of 80s holdovers.

Nah. If your parents were older, or not rich, you knew what cassette tapes were. If you had older siblings or cousins, you’ve probably been given a Cabbage Patch Doll. (Or if your foster mom dug something out of a Goodwill bin.) Trapper keepers still exist, as do Ring Pops. They never left. Acid wash was back in style for a moment in 2003. AIM was a thing until at least 2007.
I'm in my early 30s and had a AIWA portable cassette player up until 99 when the price on the Sony anti-skip CD Walkmen started to dip below 100 USD. Not to mention the fact that before cheap Mp3 players most people actually used the tape decks in their cars. Fucking things were everywhere.

saralovesjuicyfruit

kiwifarms.net
IF you absolutely must record in the shitter at least get a chair from another room so you're not literally sitting on the toilet. Also while I'm at it I'm kinda pissed by the time capsule box design. The styling and the fake stickers on the outside look more 80s to me unless they were going for a Saved by the Bell vibe which again stylistically had a bunch of 80s holdovers.

I'm in my early 30s and had a AIWA portable cassette player up until 99 when the price on the Sony anti-skip CD Walkmen started to dip below 100 USD. Not to mention the fact that before cheap Mp3 players most people actually used the tape decks in their cars. Fucking things were everywhere.
Hell, I'm a year younger than Amber and I grew up with a rotary-ass phone and my mom was driving around a 1973 Ford Pinto. It happens.

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
That was a pretty lame box, and a ripoff for $25.
Crap like that is always a ripoff. It is designed for people just like AL.

How thoughtful of AL to put everything back in the box so Necky can experience the joy of going through a box of crap AL has already opened and pawed all over...oh wait she's not going to actually put it back in the box for Necky.

CrackerBarrel

Keep your stupid comments in your pocket
kiwifarms.net
Is Amber trying to ape Graveyard Girl's content? GG does 90s time capsules/nostalgia boxes, Japanese snacks, hurls, wears the messy top bun, and does the quirky *gorl I'm so random and mentally unstable* routine. Add in Becky's dead relative obsession and you've got a Kentucky GG knockoff

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
I disagree. I’m younger than her and I was actually surprised that she didn’t recognize some of the things.
So, there's going to be a lot of get off my lawn kind of vibes here, but here we go. I can remember playing cards with my cousins when Raspberry Beret was playing on MTV. I can remember my cousin having a stupid box decorated with Duran Duran stuff. I can't put myself directly in that space without them because I was so young. I just get a bit annoyed when some bitch is talking about something she clearly knows nothing about and makes coin off of it. What's interesting to me the most is that she's never shown interest in the '90's until Becky. This is the first time we've seen her even attempt to try to care about that era or any pop culture aside from YA lesbian fiction ever.

ADHD

kiwifarms.net
AIM was a thing until at least 2007.
AIM was a thing until the end of 2017, RIP.

If your parents were older, or not rich, you knew what cassette tapes were.
Even if you could get your parents to buy you CDs, cassette tapes were still great for recording off the radio.

Do we agree? Is she in Lexington here?View attachment 853546
Yes. She made her pilgrimage to the Cheesecake Factory.

Whatthefuck

kiwifarms.net
AIM was a thing until the end of 2017, RIP.

Even if you could get your parents to buy you CDs, cassette tapes were still great for recording off the radio.

Yes. She made her pilgrimage to the Cheesecake Factory.
Yeah, I was making mix tapes in college. No shame. LOL, I remember thinking MP3's were tiny little discs. See, this is nostalgia. Not some stupid fucking box of shit.

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly though, the only things she remembers are the stuff that was carried on until mid/late 00s: VHSs (that she calls cassette tapes), hairclips, and gel pens (which you can still buy at Wommart and in almost every other shop in the world).

Even Blockbuster finally closed only in 2013.

90s baby my ass.
Yeah, half of this shit I remember being even more popular in the early 2000's than they were in the '90s. The people who put together this box were almost as lazy as Amberlynn.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino