Oregon's Voting System Is Being Absolutely Raped, With Country Wide Implications - Ted Wheeler's Vote Was Change to Trump

annoyingfuck

kiwifarms.net
Also a local, am very familiar with this system, and pol is full of shit this time. You need to have already committed major identity theft to get beyond that print preview page and change someone's registration or where the ballot is sent. You need their SS, DMV, or other info you should not have without breaking the law. Just pulling dox and addy off the intertoobs will not do it, you need actual legal documents in your paws. I had to put my signature in an electronic file when I registered and they warned me, sign with your middle name now or not, and remember how you signed, because they check very precisely against that file when they look at the back of the envelope each time you vote. So if you have John O. Blow in the record, and you sign it John Blow, they may very well call and investigate. You would not be able to get away with this large scale without quickly getting caught and thrown in the federal clink. I double checked and the "made him vote for Trump" screen is indeed just a print preview. You would need his SS or driver's license and to forge his signature to send that vote in, and then when he didn't get his ballot, he would call and complain and they would find out what you did.
This would have to be one of the most retarded things I've ever read. Did you come down in the last sun shower?

Last edited:
Surely no State could be this dumb.
If any state could be this dumb, you know Oregon would be first in line.

So first Russian bots steal Hilary's election and now Kiwi Farms will steal Biden's? Truly dark times :(
The next decade will be marred by Null being given the Assange treatment and locked away in the Estonian embassy with only a cat and never enough kitty litter.

"It's not the voting that matters, but the counting."
-Kate Brown (D), probably.

EDIT: Found the answer to my question. Apparently a company named OmniBallot is responsible for voting tech in Oregon and four other states. https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...ting-tech-used-in-5-states-is-fatally-flawed/ I don't know if they're directly responsible for this process and website, but seems probable.
One of the issues with the software is that it by default creates the marked ballot PDF on the Democracy Live servers, instead of just on the user’s device. Another is that as a web-based platform it is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS), with JavaScript sources pulled from both CloudFlare and Google servers.
Cede critical components of the system to Google, Amazon, and Cloudflare? What could go wrong? I totally trust them.

They will just check to see how many votes have been screwed with
That depends if those responsible can bypass the checks for their own biases. How many in state government do you think can pass that test? I trust them totally.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, if there's no archives of any of this, I don't believe a word of it, sorry. It looks like it's a mildly flawed system that could hand out your address, but this is not exactly election-shattering and this is exactly why you never trust /pol/ without a mountain of legitimate, verifiable evidence to back it up, first.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, if there's no archives of any of this, I don't believe a word of it, sorry. It looks like it's a mildly flawed system that could hand out your address, but this is not exactly election-shattering and this is exactly why you never trust /pol/ without a mountain of legitimate, verifiable evidence to back it up, first.
People can't really provide evidence when the thread is locked. People on this site were able to verify a name and DOB could be used to vote online using this system, and now it's been taken down for maintenance.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
""""""""""""""""""""maintenance.""""""""""""""""""""
Gotcha
Because I'm sure this wasn't working exactly as designed, except they were caught red handed.
If this exploit is as described then I'm actually leaning towards gross incompetence rather than maliciousness. I usually lean the other way but this is an attack that has highest effect on early mail-in voters, and Democrats are thought to be much more inclined to that if I thought so. I mean, this assumes that the people behind any such intentional fraud were Democrats and not Republicans. Anyway, you have to cancel someone's ballot before it is counted for this to be effective. It just seems a knife that would cut Democrats more effectively than Republicans and the people in charge in Oregon are Democrats I think, so...

On the other hand, if you were arrogant enough to think nobody else would pick up on it, it would be an effective way to put a little weight on one side of the scales and it could plausibly look like simple over-sight and be hard to detect unless you knew what to look for.

Eh, I could go either way on this, actually.

Sam Losco

Delusional ResetEra tranny
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People can't really provide evidence when the thread is locked. People on this site were able to verify a name and DOB could be used to vote online using this system, and now it's been taken down for maintenance.
There is no method of voting online through that site. And they could have provided the proof before the thread was locked... like when they first made the claim they could change votes.

Evo

actual nazi
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't change the fact a U.S. postal worker was just fired for tampering with ballots and tens of thousands of mail-in ballots have been discovered to have been magically lost already months ago.

It'd be optimistic to presume mistakes like that aren't going to occur again, or aren't 'repeatable' by certain special interest groups.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
There is no method of voting online through that site. And they could have provided the proof before the thread was locked... like when they first made the claim they could change votes.
As was pointed out previously. someone (not here, on Twitter) made the claim that you could change votes but that doesn't seem to be the case. What we're concerned about here is that you can seemingly cancel people's ballots with barely a wisp of security in front of that. Meaning that you can cause large numbers of people to be voting with invalid ballots so their votes don't count. As the site will helpfully identify people's party affiliation you could easily disenfranchise a lot of people with some rudimentary scripting. At least it appears so. Stop being so butt-hurt that this thread was re-opened.