Oregon's Voting System Is Being Absolutely Raped, With Country Wide Implications - Ted Wheeler's Vote Was Change to Trump

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just use fucking absentee ballots for everything. Mail-In Ballots and this shit are so regularly tossed you're a fucking retard to use this system. Don't just send out ballots willy fucking nilly to everyone, you're just asking for votes to be thrown into the trash. Just give it to people who request them. This mail-in voting shit is idiotic because courts will just start chucking out ballots because they always err on the side of 'better safe than sorry'. And the majority of these mail-in votes are Dem, so it is patently stupid to do. Also there are a metric fuckton of stories about the elderly who are confined to hospice and people who are too sick to go filling out absentee ballots. Just sending EVERYONE a ballot is idiotic, because you don't really know the state of that person. Voter status isn't updated in real time. That's why it was traditionally sent to people who requested it. To you know, ensure they actually wanted to vote. This mail-in shit is stupid as fuck. Request an absentee ballot. Do not use this stupid system where nobody wants to take a chance these votes may be fraudulent or cooked.

Also whoever wins on election night will have legitimacy, whether they like it or not. You have to be smoking rock to think if Trump wins on election night and then mysteriously 'loses' over the course of a week he isn't going to drag your ass to court. This whole thing is idiotic to make up for an exceptionally weak Democratic nominee.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
Just use fucking absentee ballots for everything. Mail-In Ballots and this shit are so regularly tossed you're a fucking retard to use this system. Don't just send out ballots willy fucking nilly to everyone, you're just asking for votes to be thrown into the trash. Just give it to people who request them. This mail-in voting shit is idiotic because courts will just start chucking out ballots because they always err on the side of 'better safe than sorry'. And the majority of these mail-in votes are Dem, so it is patently stupid to do. Also there are a metric fuckton of stories about the elderly who are confined to hospice and people who are too sick to go filling out absentee ballots. Just sending EVERYONE a ballot is idiotic, because you don't really know the state of that person. Voter status isn't updated in real time. That's why it was traditionally sent to people who requested it. To you know, ensure they actually wanted to vote. This mail-in shit is stupid as fuck. Request an absentee ballot. Do not use this stupid system where nobody wants to take a chance these votes may be fraudulent or cooked.

Also whoever wins on election night will have legitimacy, whether they like it or not. You have to be smoking rock to think if Trump wins on election night and then mysteriously 'loses' over the course of a week he isn't going to drag your ass to court. This whole thing is idiotic to make up for an exceptionally weak Democratic nominee.
What's the difference between mail in votes and absentee votes

Moguro Fukuzou

Customer Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed
kiwifarms.net
Even if this isn't related to voting online I would never in a million years feel secure doing so giving how often governments like to skimp when it comes to IT and security on their websites. There was a case in Canada where some kid downloaded a bunch of private documents because the provincial government had zero security on their website, you could have just typed in something like "governmentsite.ca/documents/private" and take whatever you wanted. I could imagine state governments also like to skimp out or the guys in charge don't realize how important good security is. Government sites with sensitive data having bad security doesn't surprise me a bit.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What's the difference between mail in votes and absentee votes
There's a small but significant distinction.

With absentee ballots, you have to specifically request it. There's no designated drop off sites and you just mail it in. With mail-in votes, it is a blanket form sent out to everyone, regardless if you intend to vote or not. So it isn't requested, its just sent to you. The process for filling these out and mailing them is a bit different, as if you send these to every registered voter, you're obviously going to get more than you normally had. So that's why there are 'designated' pick up spots for mail-in votes.

The designated pick up spots makes this laughably easy to figure out where these votes are coming from. So lets say you had a designated pick up spot in a very red county. If you're a poll worker assigned to pick up those ballots and you are a rapid fan of Biden or have TDS, you can basically just...dump those votes in the garbage. Or just hide them in the back of your car. There's also the problem of it being a lot lower security because you didn't actually request it, its sent out en mass. Which makes it harder to figure out if they're legitimate or not. Which is why these votes are tossed more than absentee. Because you didn't request it, its a lot harder to verify. Or shit, you could just go through the names, see the political party and just discard the party you that you loathe's envelops. With absentee ballots, they're coming in randomly, so its a lot harder to do this. There's a lot more eyes on what you are doing. I mean, can you do this? Yeah, but the likelihood of you getting away with it and actually doing anything in bulk to affect the election is really fucking low. The problem is that with the mail-in votes and these ballots being centralized makes bulk fuckery way, way easier.

The whole point of mail-in is to make people who never voted before vote. The problem is if you're just going to do an absentee ballot, you're better off getting your vote counted if you fill out an absentee ballot and throw it in a mail box. Or just vote in person.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
There's a small but significant distinction.

With absentee ballots, you have to specifically request it. There's no designated drop off sites and you just mail it in. With mail-in votes, it is a blanket form sent out to everyone, regardless if you intend to vote or not. So it isn't requested, its just sent to you. The process for filling these out and mailing them is a bit different, as if you send these to every registered voter, you're obviously going to get more than you normally had. So that's why there are 'designated' pick up spots for mail-in votes.

The designated pick up spots makes this laughably easy to figure out where these votes are coming from. So lets say you had a designated pick up spot in a very red county. If you're a poll worker assigned to pick up those ballots and you are a rapid fan of Biden or have TDS, you can basically just...dump those votes in the garbage. Or just hide them in the back of your car. There's also the problem of it being a lot lower security because you didn't actually request it, its sent out en mass. Which makes it harder to figure out if they're legitimate or not. Which is why these votes are tossed more than absentee. Because you didn't request it, its a lot harder to verify. Or shit, you could just go through the names, see the political party and just discard the party you that you loathe's envelops. With absentee ballots, they're coming in randomly, so its a lot harder to do this. There's a lot more eyes on what you are doing. I mean, can you do this? Yeah, but the likelihood of you getting away with it and actually doing anything in bulk to affect the election is really fucking low. The problem is that with the mail-in votes and these ballots being centralized makes bulk fuckery way, way easier.

The whole point of mail-in is to make people who never voted before vote. The problem is if you're just going to do an absentee ballot, you're better off getting your vote counted if you fill out an absentee ballot and throw it in a mail box. Or just vote in person.
Wait, so if absentee ballots are already a thing, why are democrats making such a big deal about mail in voting

Driftwood

kiwifarms.net
Because mail-in voting can be easily gamed and I have no idea why the idea is so shut down even on the conservative parts of the net.

Last edited:

PyrrhicRustle

kiwifarms.net
Wait, so if absentee ballots are already a thing, why are democrats making such a big deal about mail in voting
Registered Democrats have significantly lower participation in elections despite outnumbering Republicans, so making voting as easy and low-effort as possible. If they were allowed to let people to vote via their choice of social media they'd snap up the opportunity in a second regardless of all the issues that would bring.

HumanHive

Human Behavior is Exceptional Behavior
kiwifarms.net
Because they want to rig elections with fake ballots. No hyperbole. They do this already with ballot harvesting.

Edit: to elaborate, when elections don’t go their way, the Democrats have an odd knack for “finding” boxes and boxes of uncounted ballots - which are either completely fraudulent or EXTREMELY late. If a court decides not to count these mysterious ballots, they spin it as voter suppression.

On the topic of voter id, the mere fact you require ID of some kind to buy beer and board planes but not to vote (that’d be raaaaacist) should tell you everything about how the Democrats view elections. In an ideal world, the Dems would want all citizens to have voter id and vote on election day, but that’s too risky in their view so better they be able to conjure ballots at will.

Last edited:

bbfx

Allah Kedavra
kiwifarms.net
Can't the U.S. just copy Brazil's voting system? Just go to your pre-determined place to vote, present your voter ID, punch some buttons in the machine and boom, that's it. It's so simple and I might be mistaken but I never heard of a election fraud using this system.
We have a similar system here. You are assigned a pre-determind place to vote and have to bring some valid form of state issued photographic identification and the voter card. They verify your identity with your ID, they check on their registry if you're supposed to vote there, stamp your voter card so you can't vote twice and then you can go vote.
Every place where you can vote has multiple people guarding the votes, sent there from different parties and the local administration, plus cops.
You can receive absentee ballots, but you have to request them to your local administration, and well in advance.
We also don't have any issue in voter turnout, we have a way higher one than the US, even if you need to have two documents to be allowed to vote.

Honestly, I can't imagine any reason to not want a system similar to this if you don't plan to commit fraud. The fact that in the US people are allowed to vote without identifying themselves, and some States just send ballots in the mail to whoever is just insane to me.
I also don't know how you can be a functioning adult without having some form of identification. Where I live you can't have a bank account, have a job, drive a car, have a car, buy a phone, have bills to your name, rent a house without having some form of ID.

Govt. Shitposting Machine

thes cheetos aint shit sksksk
kiwifarms.net
I also don't know how you can be a functioning adult without having some form of identification. Where I live you can't have a bank account, have a job, drive a car, have a car, buy a phone, have bills to your name, rent a house without having some form of ID.
See that's the weird shit, most if not almost all that you listed requires a form of identification in the US, but because of literally the reasons I said (well not literally, more like partially) it doesn't extend to voting. Government keeps saying it's because not everyone can get an ID but...they literally can, if they're legal at least. It's basically an open secret that they just leave it as is to skew ballots how they see fit when the time comes to vote, doesn't matter which side.

bbfx

Allah Kedavra
kiwifarms.net
See that's the weird shit, most if not almost all that you listed requires a form of identification in the US, but because of literally the reasons I said (well not literally, more like partially) it doesn't extend to voting. Government keeps saying it's because not everyone can get an ID but...they literally can, if they're legal at least.
I'd understand the argument they make about voter identification if there was a special document that was required just for voting (which is the case in my country, and it's not an issue anyway). Or if it wasn't that necessary to have an ID outside of voting. Or if it was very expensive and difficult to get one.
But you pretty much cannot exist without some form of identification. And it's inexpensive and easy to get one for that very reason.
I had to prove who I was through photographic ID any time I took some sort of financial commitment to anyone (bank account, bills, phone plan, enrolling to university, getting a job, car insurance, swiping a credit card without pin code, etc). And I had to prove who I was any time I interacted with the State in any capacity, from paying taxes to traffic stops, and any time I entered or left the country.
Like, holy shit, the State won't even accept my money without me proving them who I am.

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
The Democrat cries of voter ID being racist is a bunch of bullshit and they know it, they don't care because their constituents, in their eyes, are hindered by that very basic requirement so they don't want it.
They're basically saying that any extra voter security is bad because their own voters are retarded poor people who can't figure out basic government paperwork or something. I think the world would appreciate finding this mythical voter who doesn't have an ID.

Jaimas

YOUR PEACEFUL LIFE IS NO MORE!!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because they want to rig elections with fake ballots. No hyperbole. They do this already with ballot harvesting.

Edit: to elaborate, when elections don’t go their way, the Democrats have an odd knack for “finding” boxes and boxes of uncounted ballots - which are either completely fraudulent or EXTREMELY late. If a court decides not to count these mysterious ballots, they spin it as voter suppression.

On the topic of voter id, the mere fact you require ID of some kind to buy beer and board planes but not to vote (that’d be raaaaacist) should tell you everything about how the Democrats view elections. In an ideal world, the Dems would want all citizens to have voter id and vote on election day, but that’s too risky in their view so better they be able to conjure ballots at will.
In the entire history of my working for the DNC, not a single person was able to give me a straight answer for why they were against photo ID for voting. You need an ID for everything from federal benefits to signing up for a library card. Any kind of state ID works, from a Driver's License to a Learner's Permit to a non-driver Identification Card.

The only arguement I was ever given was "it's racist." When I asked why, I was told it was due to cost. When I respond by bringing up that non-Driver's ID cards have the staggering price tag of ten dollars (to compare, a Driver's License is 80+), and are perfectly acceptable ID for basically everything, I would typically get a sea of dumbfounded faces before someone would declare that it's still racist because not everyone could go to the DMV. Apparently in the world of the DNC, black people can't afford public transportation or photo ID. Absolutely insane.

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
UZBEKISTANI ELECTION INTERFERENCE
View attachment 1669642
Oh it all makes sense now.
the MSM got confused, and thought the hacker 4chan was really the hacker PutinIvancheekibreeki69
I was thinking this had to be false until I read your defence of it. The very idea that your SSN is a suitable password that means this car-crash isn't an issue is staggering. You can't be serious.

But I'm having trouble believing this is real. Surely no State could be this dumb. And I'm a long-time critic of electronic voting / tallying. But this is beyond anything I could imagine. This is worse than watching that guy in Brazil hack voting machines with a Pringles can (a semi-dumb stunt but effective in communicating issues to normies). This is beyond inept. This is criminal if this is real. If this is real why is this not headline news on every station and paper in America. This is an open invitation to every low-level DMV, Healthcare employee, council worker, employer and literally anyone else with access to DoBs and SSNs of Oregonians to change the election results.

And it's not just Oregon? Do we know what other States are affected and what the company involved that produced this system is?

If it works the way described and those screenshots are genuine, I'd give it an afternoon before I could write a script that would go through every entry from a DB of names, DoBs and SSNs, load each in turn and check to see if they were registered for my party or not and cancel their vote if they weren't. If they have some controls in place to detect suspicious activity by IP address it might slow me down a little but wouldn't be something I couldn't overcome (and based on this I doubt they do). If this is all real then this is a security hole of Godzilla-like proportions.
Did anyone ever tell you the nuclear launch codes used to be 00000000?
Or the part where some retard decided to pokemon go and make an unsecured server that literally got fucked over by just sticking a USB in it?

But either way it's /pol/ they may be right about a lot of insane bullshit, but they are quite literally insane bullshit.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
Registered Democrats have significantly lower participation in elections despite outnumbering Republicans, so making voting as easy and low-effort as possible. If they were allowed to let people to vote via their choice of social media they'd snap up the opportunity in a second regardless of all the issues that would bring.
Registering to vote was easy and i just put in my absentee ballot a few days ago. How lazy can people be

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Minor update but it seems like the exploit is confirmed but media is fixated on presenting it as a non-issue. I say confirmed because this article goes into a little more detail on Oregon voting and says that each ballot has a barcode and that this can confirm which ballot at any given time is active, of which there can only be one per person. To me that reads as confirmation that you can cancel someone's vote by requesting a new ballot on their behalf. However, 4channers ballsed up when they claimed you could change someone's vote. You CAN change their vote in the system, but that causes a new ballot to be sent out for you to return. So there's an extra step here which makes it not dissimilar to just stealing someone's mail-in ballot in any other state or country. Though that in itself is testament to the bad idea of mail-in ballots, imo. May be you can request the ballot sent to a different address than the actual one meaning the person will never get it, that's unclear. They have said theirs logging in the system that they can use to detect fraud, though honestly how effective will some IP logs be if nobody looks at them and tries to detect suspicious patterns?

Anyway, conclusion of all this seems to be yes - ballots can be cancelled, may have been and may be now. But 4chan getting over-sensational has given Oregon and sympathetic media the opportunity to just repeat "you can't change someone's vote" wherever it comes up.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the entire history of my working for the DNC, not a single person was able to give me a straight answer for why they were against photo ID for voting. You need an ID for everything from federal benefits to signing up for a library card. Any kind of state ID works, from a Driver's License to a Learner's Permit to a non-driver Identification Card.

The only arguement I was ever given was "it's racist." When I asked why, I was told it was due to cost. When I respond by bringing up that non-Driver's ID cards have the staggering price tag of ten dollars (to compare, a Driver's License is 80+), and are perfectly acceptable ID for basically everything, I would typically get a sea of dumbfounded faces before someone would declare that it's still racist because not everyone could go to the DMV. Apparently in the world of the DNC, black people can't afford public transportation or photo ID. Absolutely insane.
When I was younger I was a registered Democrat. I ask volunteered a lot with turn out the vote drives, volunteering at poll stations, etc.

A lot of “voter repression” is based in the concern that the more steps there are to voting, that some of their poorer and/or disinterested constituents wouldn’t show up. They frame it as purely a racism issue but the truth is a lot of young white progressives, who later became social media activists, like to talk big but can’t be bothered to register or to do simple things like update their address. There’s voter fraud too but one of the major reasons why the Democrats go out of their way to try to register college students is because they realize they’re too lazy to vote. This is doubly true of the more progressive wing of the Democratic Party. It’s one of the factors in Biden’s victory over Bernie... they use Racism because it sounds better than “white college students can’t be bothered to put their money where their mouth is” or “poor people are too lazy to vote.”

Another common mistake is that people assume that since there’s more registered Democratic voters that they will always outnumber Republicans if there’s high turnout. However, most independents and third party voters are or lean conservative and often hurt Republicans more than Democrats, especially in Presidential elections. They can be indifferent too but turn out the vote drives usually target young progressives because they’re funded by Democrats. For example, Gary Johnson voters in 2016 would have voted for Trump if they had to vote for him or Hillary. So most of his 4.5 million votes would’ve gone to Trump. If there’s similar turnout but they vote for Trump instead of Libertarians it’d be a significant boost for Republicans. There’s also the risk that if the third party candidate increases turn outs, it could boost Republicans in some House, Senate, and local races. I also suspect Gary Johnson actually had a boost from Hillary and some Democrats to help make the election easier for her. Establishment Democrats, unlike the dumbasses at Jezebel, realize they can hurt Republicans by signal boosting 3rd party candidates.

tldr: a lot of young Democrats are lazy bums who’ll upboat you on Reddit but can’t be bothered to register to vote. 3rd party voters generally skew conservative and if they had to vote for one of the main parties it’d benefit Republicans more than Democrats.

Last edited: