• ”There is literally no hope for you kiwi whores scum of the earth, there is no saving you and you can only be dealth with in the most violent way imaginable.”
  1. New Rule: If you declare your post is against the rules, it will be deleted.

Culture Oscars Introduce New Award For "Outstanding Popular Film"In other news, Black Panther wins the award every year to come

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by DudeWithTheFood, Aug 9, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

?

Who's gonna be the first winner of the five nominees?

1. Black Panther

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  2. Black Panther

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Black Panther

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. Black Panther

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Avengers: Infinity War (featuring Black Panther)

66 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. I used to care. But then the hosts stopped being funny.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Thou shalt not question Stephen Fry

kiwifarms.net
  2. Here's an idea.

STOP SNIFFING YOUR FARTS HOLLYWOOD.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. If some shitty Adam Sandler comedy becomes a smash hit and they're forced to award it an Oscar because of this, it might be the first time the Oscars have actually been entertaining in years.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    The Jumping Dwarf

The Jumping Dwarf I'm offendered if misgendered

kiwifarms.net
  4. I still get a laugh out of unobtanium!:lol:

This award is just a way to placate all the #wokekandians who are gonna be buttmad that Black Panther doesn't win every award possible. At least now they can say "hey, we gave it an award and it was the first film to get that award."

#oscarssowoke

There was a blind about this award a few days back. It said it was just a way to placate black people because their movies and cast members get snubbed too much. Never mind 12 Years A Slave, Lupita Nyong'o, Moonlight (which wasn't even about werewolves!) and Jordan Peele. I'm sure there are other winners and nominees too that are not old white men or thin white mayonnaise queens. But I stopped watching the Oscars several years ago and I only remember the big names now.

Also Jordan Peele is biracial so he ain't black enough even though he could never pass for even biracial.

That's basically it. And honestly this is probably going to be the new "it" category for some. It may replace Best Picture as the category to care about since it will be all about that popularity. Most people care about the big guns. Best actor, actress, director and picture. But often times I've never even heard of half the movies nominated. It's essentially for the industry by the industry and the average person finds that more and more boring since they are going to see super hero movies and not some three hour drama of the year.

And they can use this as a catch all for everything woke too. It makes me wonder if they'll add actor, actress and director categories for this new category as well. Might as well because then they don't have to use up the regular slots that way and the old guard at the Academy can keep their circle jerk no one else really cares about.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Bah humbug!

kiwifarms.net
  5. I don't give a damn about racism or what but that film was long and boring while Oz is great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Lou Wrong

Lou Wrong Butthurt about Buddyloids

kiwifarms.net
  6. If you have trouble sitting still for such a paltry amount of time...you might actually require adderall to function in society.

• Feels Feels x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Commander Keen

Commander Keen in GOODBYE GALAXY!!!

kiwifarms.net
  7. its good they have a blockbuster award now. it'll give hope to things like mad max fury road or toy story 3 or avatar

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I thought the visuals of the movie were great. The story, the acting, and the fucking tree were shit, though. We get it, it's a woke Last of the Mahicans.

And for the longest time I didn't know Peele was biracial. He just looks like a fat nerdy black guy to me.

Fucking loved Fury Road. Although I am sad it was less about the cars and more about strong wymn.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Derp Potato

Derp Potato Just a Spud doing spud things

kiwifarms.net
  9. I’m guessing Marvel’s just being pissy that Suicide Squad and The Dark Knight all got Oscars so they demanded an award tailored to them.

I expect Infinity War parts one and two to get it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Chewy Suarez

Chewy Suarez My Christmas gifts come from the mouth!

kiwifarms.net
  10. Those were popular in the 90s-early 2000s.

I kinda agree with what this guy says, it might get mishandled, it could dilute the Best Picture category and cause confusion, but most of all I like the one comment from this guy's video:

comment.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. They only now care that the dark knight got awards but iron man didn't. They could get 5 billion dollars in profit per movie and still bitch about the lack of Oscar stickers they could slap onto blu ray discs

Davidson_duo

Davidson_duo There must always be a Lich King.

kiwifarms.net
  12. To be fair, any sane person should be pissed that Suicide Squad won anything that wasn't a Razzie award.

Seriously, fuck that movie.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Flying_with_the_Penguins

Flying_with_the_Penguins I can put whatever I want in your mouth

kiwifarms.net
  13. Honestly, I’m surprised that it even got the award. Imagine saying that Suicide Squad is an Oscar-winning cinematic masterpiece and is on the same level as fucking Citizen Kane.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Chewy Suarez

Chewy Suarez My Christmas gifts come from the mouth!

kiwifarms.net
  14. Then you say it was for costume design or whatever, and everyone except spergs stop giving a shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Movies generally don't do well financially because they're shit.

https://nypost.com/2017/10/27/sniffing-your-partners-farts-could-help-ward-off-disease/
    https://www.techly.com.au/2015/03/11/science-smelling-farts-reduces-the-risk-of-cancer/

• Informative Informative x 2
    #55 Iwasamwillbe, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Iwasamwillbe

Iwasamwillbe Unconquered Sun of God

kiwifarms.net
  16. inb4 disney just wins every fucking year because disney

seriously, almost every animated film that won an academy award for best animated film was done by a company owned by disney if not disney themselves. disney even had the entire 30s decade for best animated short

• Agree Agree x 1
    Deadwaste

Deadwaste GODDAMN SHIT BITCH

kiwifarms.net
  17. I hope Aquaman wins, the reaction to that would be funny as fuck

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Don't forget these movies also got Oscar nods:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.