Other people's art that we like -

Balachina

kiwifarms.net
Andy Goldsworthy is probably my favorite artist. He uses natural materials to create temporary sculptures in the wilderness.

Sorry it's huge, I couldn't work out how to use the spoiler thingy.
Thats absolutely fantastic!! I love this kind of art, playing with the nature environment...

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're a fan of J-pop, you'll have heard the news that Namie Amuro is slated to retire next September. I'm neither a fan of her or of J-pop in general, but I just adore this publicity shot, how this picture presents the glamour of a mature woman and the sweetness of an ingénue as one, and in so natural a manner.

Namie-Amuro-international-2017-billboard-1548.jpg

I can't track down the photographer and the stylist, but this picture belongs to any annals of portrait photography.

Haw

kiwifarms.net
Polish painter, Zdzisław Beksiński, has some really beautiful (but dark) pieces.
(First post here, so hopefully I uploaded correctly.)

Attachments

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dutch couture designer Iris van Herpen fully embraces the possibility of 3D-printing in garment, exploring the post-human fusion of nature and technology. Her works evoke equal parts the grandeur of Greek sculpture, the flowing grace of Dunhuang murals, the impossible feminine forms of Erté -- and the savage spectacle of a volcanic eruption, the grotesque horror of a Xenomorph hive queen.

Her latest collection looks like a reharsh, so let's look at some of her earlier works instead. Even if you're not interested in fashion it is hard not to feel moved.

Iris_Van_Herpen_HC17_18_look01-50.jpg

Iris_Van_Herpen_HC17_18_look09-50.jpg

HERPEN_WCFF16_501JPG-50.jpg

IvH-Voltage-553-50.jpg
IrisVHerpenSS11-783-50.jpg

iris_van_herpen_010-50.jpg

RadiationSS10-396-50.jpg

IrisVanHerpenCouture-Escapism-001-50.jpg

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino