Otherkin -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Meowthkip

Eating lasagna, making money
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Adults, surprisingly. I've noticed that 18+ Otherkin are (half obviously, half surprisingly) adults, not all the fourteen year olds doxxing 'fakes' and threatening suicide because 'theyre not real'

If you want to truly know about what its like to be otherkin, ask an adult otherkin(22+) they know whats up
If they act like an adult IRL and online, then what's the point of identifying as an animal?

lolwut

L. Wut Hubpeard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
99% of the kinmunnity is like above, and the other 1% just keep it to the internet, where it belongs. I've said before, I'm neutral and have kin friends but if you start acting like a wolf in public and publically start embarassing yourself, you have a problem. At the very least, keep it to your house.
So which imaginary character are you pretending to be?

Chill Fam

Hiatus
kiwifarms.net
There's this game that I absolutely love that is unfortunately infested with otherkin folk. They mostly identify with the main protag, who may or may not've killed their own parents.

I also came across someone who was kin with another character I like [same game], but I left them alone since they seemed sane.

I'm Just A Human Bean

Product of the Evil White Man
kiwifarms.net
I almost fully bought that Hitler kin blog, if not for the "I'm a minor please don't interact with me!" at the displayed age of 17. Got a chuckle out of that.
But honestly, it could still be real. Some schizophrenics just take the reincarnation thing too far. Most of the ones I've met are very private about it. The few that are very vocal about it, I wouldn't know if they're legit or not because I don't wanna be near that shit. Sometimes I wonder if they really are genuine but act cringier as a result of a false sense of privacy by nature of the internet.
Like maybe one of my friends secretly run an otherkin blog and associate as Ulysses S Grant

Meowthkip

Eating lasagna, making money
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I almost fully bought that Hitler kin blog, if not for the "I'm a minor please don't interact with me!" at the displayed age of 17. Got a chuckle out of that.
But honestly, it could still be real. Some schizophrenics just take the reincarnation thing too far. Most of the ones I've met are very private about it. The few that are very vocal about it, I wouldn't know if they're legit or not because I don't wanna be near that shit. Sometimes I wonder if they really are genuine but act cringier as a result of a false sense of privacy by nature of the internet.
Like maybe one of my friends secretly run an otherkin blog and associate as Ulysses S Grant
Please let there be a Napoleon out there somewhere.

Virus

goddamn rolos
kiwifarms.net
Oh boy, otherkin. I have quite a few stories of encounters with them.
One of my favourites was a random artist I used to follow, but they were involved with a browser game called Town of Salem that had characters with literally no canonical personalities. There was 'skins' or avatars of some characters, but that was it. All the lore on the wiki was fanmade and updated for contests, so you would think there was no room for there to be 'kin' for this. Surprise surprise, I stumbled upon this persons tumblr and they decided they were kin with their own OC for the game (who was a ripoff of a skin, no less).
I remember some people in the kin tag also claimed to be 'framer-kin' and shit like that - some weirdo also claimed to be kin with a fan character who had an askblog, if it couldn't get even creepier. The owner of the blog was pretty angry about it though, so that was a nice silver lining. I have a few more encounters but I'll save those for another day.

Dysnomia

DRUM HUT!
kiwifarms.net
I really hope that is a troll. Probably. But with otherkin you never know.

I'm really dumbfounded over the whole "in my canon" thing. Both with fictional characters and real life people. How the hell is it an alternate canon if you didn't create the character or you aren't the real life person you are kin with? It's not canon kids. Your alternate reality fanfiction is just that. Fanfiction. If your Sephiroth is a good guy that wants to save the planet then it's not a canon representation of Sephiroth. It's a fan created work of fiction that deviates from the original canon. You might want to call it canon to your universe. But to me that's not really accurate since a canon story is handed down by word of god, not fans. So your kin world is just a more elaborate version of fanfiction. It will never ever be any sort of legitimate canon. That right belongs to the creator and anyone else in charge of planning the character's story who has permission to create official canon for that character. And otherkin tumblrinas are never going to be blessed with that privilege. They just see a character, become enamored with them in some way, and rather than just become a regular old fan they become obsessed enough to believe that they are that character in an alternate universe. They have to be. Because that character is just so them! It explains everything about their personality. Literally me! Just call it headcanon. Because that's what it is. Although otherkin may feel like their fantasy is being relegated as such if that term is used. But too bad.

But you could split hairs over canon fanfic nonsense all day. It's the factkin that are the worst of the lot. Thinking you are kin with a real live person living or dead? That's beyond creepy. You can't be a person that already exists. Even if you believe in reincarnation the odds are pretty low that you were that person in a past life. You have no right claiming to be a real person but from a different canon. Using those terms like you are talking about fanfiction. It makes you sound crazy. And you're so lucky you live in a time where insisting you are someone else or a fictional character doesn't get you locked up in a filthy disease ridden loony bin where you will live in misery until you die of cholera, typhoid or neglect. If this Trumpkin isn't a troll they probably saw Trump on The Apprentice, thought he was cool and got obsessed. Now they're stuck as Trumpkin in a time where their Tumblr friends are no longer going to support them for it. So now the headcanon has to reflect something more positive in order to legitimize their Trump headLARPing. I've noticed that many otherkin who are kin with negative, evil or downright disgusting characters try to create a headcanon where they are good or have turned over a new leaf. Some stay negative. But I think due to pressure many feel they need to create a narrative that repaints their kintype in a better light. This will reduce the amount of angry notes from people that hate that character or real life person's actions. Being internet friends with other otherkin helps to legitimize your fantasy world. You don't want to risk alienating everyone because you picked the wrong kintype.

What if I'm a kin with a living person? Like fucking Kanye West or Danny DeVito?
Does that make me a... What? Living Kin? Person Kin?
Then you are still factkin. I don't think there is a distinction between living and dead real life kintypes. I'm actually surprised though. You'd think that someone would have demanded an alternate term by now for kintypes of living people. Some factkin are very much against kin of living people. And some otherkin of fictional and fantasy characters are against the idea of of factkin all together.

I've heard the excuse that it's still possible to be kin with living people because of multiverse theory. Of course these Tumblr kids have no idea how quantum physics works. They just hear about the theory of the multiverse, skim Wikipedia and think that it's possible somewhere on Earth 3589B that they are living the life of Benedict Cumberbatch. Yet this makes no sense as they are not Benedict Cumberbatch in this universe. So who is Cumberbund Alienface in that other universe? Is he you? Did some strange universal quirk switch you around in alternate Earths? There doesn't seem to be any answer to this other than "it's multiverse theory" and angry, upset sounding comments that you are deligitimizing their kintype and making them feel like they don't exist.

I've seen Lars Ulrichkin. I joked with a friend that Lars should sue.:lol:

Tags
None