Our Favorite YouTube Chefs/Cooking Channels - Like it says on the tin.

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

[SCREAMS IN FENTANYL]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I watch a lot of the ones already mentioned in this thread - Babish, Sam the Cooking Guy, Food Wishes, BBQ Pit Boys, J Kenji Lopez, Village Food Factory, etc.

One that I watch for soul food recipes is I Heart Recipes - big sister cooking unpretentious simple soul food:

Two that I watch for lulz instead of actual cooking content are/were:

Cooking for Poor People - It's literally just comedian John Witherspoon cooking shit:

and

Pretty Good Cooking - basically 'alcohol plus autism in the kitchen':

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get the feeling I am going to enjoy the Pretty Good Cooking channel, he's just bad enough to feel good about myself (Beef Burgundy should not look that dry, thin-sauced, and grey) but passionate enough to like.

Edit: watched it, and yep, you can pick his process apart in any number of ways, but it still works and I like the way he doesn't cut through the cooking stages too quickly - relaxing watching.

Last edited:

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

[SCREAMS IN FENTANYL]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phil is very open about being kind of a hack and not at all informational, if you're a regular watcher there will be a lot of those moments. It's part of the charm.

Last edited:

Man vs persistent rat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He gave a lot of good advice tbh, he could take an idiot to some vague level of competence, especially with his demeanour.

He reminds me of what Jack Scalfani could be if he really was a "lazy cook" rather than a "disgusting piece of shit who can only make dogfood".

Man vs persistent rat

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's very easy to get sick of Almazan with their smug "best ever" screeching in the titles. It's a shame because their content is pretty interesting, but they're so full of themselves. I remember once when they got caught saying they foraged wild onions that were of a type that did not grow in the wild.

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net
I'd like to suggest The Wolfe Pit. He does a lot of BBQ and budget meals. He also does videos on various frozen dinners and what terrible ingredients go into them.

Another unique one I'd like share is Great Depression Cooking. Just an old lady who shares recipes from that era of time. Sadly the host has been dead for years but her memory lives on in the videos.

Bootylicious Bootyhole

A guy who just wants to watch the world burn
kiwifarms.net
Powerleveling a bit here, but I had the great honor of meeting and chatting with Binging with Babish last night at one of his book signings. Really great guy, and I thanked him for being the primary inspiration behind my diving headfirst into getting into cooking as a serious hobby. I've always loved food and cooking, but his show, from its educational tid-bits to the brutally sarcastic honesty of his commentary and occasional mistakes showing that its ok to mess up sometimes, really spoke to me and it is what kickstarted my journey to become what I am today. He felt truly touched and gave me a hug in response. I can die happy now.

Other YT chefs I watch and enjoy range from Gordon Ramsay (honestly, I think we all started out watching him at some point), Chef John, Sous Vide Everything, Townsends, Get Curried, and a host of unsung heroes who helped me by having a video at the ready when I needed a particular recipe to tackle and showcase on my food blog.

I'm also keeping my eye on the up and coming Adam Ragusea, as the edutainment format of his recipe videos really comes off as a successor series to Good Eats as someone above has already mentioned, not to mention his recent post of healthy diet food has become my go to for making quick and easy meals at home in hopes that I will one day become slightly less of a fat fuck than I am right now.

Tags
None