Outrage Fatigue -

A Humble Ewok

...and a future for Ewok children.
kiwifarms.net
Anyone just exhausted from the near constant stream outrage and moral panics? We've had nearly a decade of this outrage culture, cancel culture, and constant culture war. Everything from overdosing knee'd black men, to black men kneeling during the national anthem; from video game journalism to big anime tiddies. Fucking EVERYTHING has to be turned into a politicized pitch battle. We now have to constantly tap dance around a floor of constantly shifting eggshells both at work and at home. It's caused a mass mainstream cultural drought that has gone on for almost a decade - and has just lead to a shitter, more hostile society overall.

I'm starting to reach a point where I don't care what SJWs, Nazis, Trannies, /pol/tards, Commies, or Trump says or does. Even the riots aren't phasing me anymore. All I can say now is every white woman needs to be raped into submission for their privilege by Black Trans Women with their femmine black cocks until Cuties gets a sequel and a lesson plan for k-12 gym classes, with a cameo from Collin Kapernak to raise awareness about White Genocide, and how its actually a good thing, but first we must address how problematic Shia Islam is, and what non-binary latinx scholars can do to fix it.

The Fool

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's times like these where I like to go out on my deck, look at the stars, and realize that the internet is really fucking stupid and overrun by a vocal minority of children living in cities who have nothing better to do than complain about how awful their lives and surroundings are.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're at least 4 years too late.
Yup. I hit outrage fatigue years ago, warning the people who brought it on that when everything is politicised, everything is the hill you want to die on, and everything is problematic, then people will stop listening to you and stop caring you're outraged. All humans have a limit to how many people and things they can care about, and these people don't care that they're actively harming others - and their causes - with their permanent rage.

So now I post here. Which would outrage them as well, but fuck them. They don't listen, they get to work their way to a rage stroke because very few people want to be like them, and/or are actively driven off by their intolerance.

Take a break. Avoid A+N, Happenings, anything posted by @CatParty and just news in general, and try and recover some calm. These cunts don't deserve to take your sanity.

GuntPunt

Hard earned puzzle-pieces.
kiwifarms.net
Everyone on every side is exhausted.

Normal people are exhausted because due to this outrage, everything has become politicized, from movies to sports, trying to remind you how shit you are because you aren't a good enough ally. They are also tired of tiptoeing around, trying to avoid being caught on a cancel culture landmine.

Ironically, libs are also tired, because they are always mad and scared about how the world is out to get them and is total shit.

Personally, I wish it didn't have to be like this. I'm sure noone does except masochists. However, this happened because a fringe part of the political spectrum decided to hijack culture and corrupt it into its current state, and is being reinforced by people in high positions of power with limitless reach to spread their message of the "new normal." The reason for the outrage is because large enough groups of people push back on it, signifying them as an enemy to the fringe. We need to push back, not because its moral or "right," but at this point, for self preservation. Its an endless feedback loop of fear, outrage, move further fringe, repeat. We need to break the cycle somehow.

It just takes getting used to either tuning it out or accepting the situation. Try also taking a week off any media. A detox helps a hell of a lot, from personal experience.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I mean, yeah? It's a fucking nightmare, of course it's exhausting.

It's like, remember when life was just.... life? People went to work, they ate at restaurants, they had sex, they played video games and watched movies because they were fun, politics has always been there but it used to be a lot more compartmentalized, even in the 2000s, which seemed like a heavily politicized culture at the time, but everything has only been quadrupled down.

There's a pressure in the back of my mind almost constantly these days because of what's going on, I try to work on it, but it's getting harder and harder to tune it out, there was an incident last year where I was playing a video game, my mind wandered into thinking about politics and I got so angry I had to quit playing, keep in mind this was last year, before George Floyd and all the additions 2020 has piled on.

Things just used to be a lot more mellow and chill not that long ago.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Politics today are a battle of attrition based entirely on which political wing will give up/be ashamed into silence first. And the left is winning by virtue of having the most rich autists who can spend 24/7 online and the cultural/technical/judicial support.
This wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't the case that every win drives the left into even harder extremism, to the point that they are worse than every parody someone could have conceived years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: L50LasPak

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
We've had nearly a decade of this outrage culture, cancel culture, and constant culture war
LOL.
Guess Tipper Gore and pals didn't try to censer the entire entertainment industry, nobody had daycare concerns, Grand Theft Auto was perfectly fine, national criminalization of divorced fathers who were too poor to pay child support, blaming everything that wasn't super progressive on "the religious right" and calling them closeted fags if they had a problem with gay marriage?

God I feel old.

I'm guessing the OP is about 25 years old.

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
I recommend a couple years off of all real life-related content. I did that and I'm so much better after it. No social media, no news, no websites with comments, absolutely nothing, just activities that are self-isolated like riding a bike or doing some origami. The moment you see the slightest bit of outrage, turn it off, move on. It's good for the soul to let yourself enough time to purge it otherwise you're gonna be overrun by it eventually.

A Humble Ewok

...and a future for Ewok children.
kiwifarms.net
LOL.
Guess Tipper Gore and pals didn't try to censer the entire entertainment industry, nobody had daycare concerns, Grand Theft Auto was perfectly fine, national criminalization of divorced fathers who were too poor to pay child support, blaming everything that wasn't super progressive on "the religious right" and calling them closeted fags if they had a problem with gay marriage?

God I feel old.

I'm guessing the OP is about 25 years old.
I'm old enough to remember hemhawing and pearl clutching over GTA and Britney Spears. But I also remember when the term "Culture War" was just a term Bill O'reilly would use to sell bumper stickers, and bitch about cashiers saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." It is significantly worse than the old days, especially now that you're effectively forced to pick a side or participate, since this has infected all places of society, from government to private business, to now the military sending out mass emails about warning signs of white supremacy.

You maybe asking how is this different from "political correctness" of the 90's. People in the 90's for the most part accepted PC only enough to keep legal and HR happy, and then bitched about in on a societal wide level with movies like PCU and shows named Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher. But now children raised during the 90's are beginning to get into management positions and enforce their will, and unlike the 90's they are true believers.

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
I'm old enough to remember hemhawing and pearl clutching over GTA and Britney Spears. But I also remember when the term "Culture War" was just a term Bill O'reilly would use to sell bumper stickers, and bitch about cashiers saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." It is significantly worse than the old days, especially now that you're effectively forced to pick a side or participate, since this has infected all places of society, from government to private business, to now the military sending out mass emails about warning signs of white supremacy.

You maybe asking how is this different from "political correctness" of the 90's. People in the 90's for the most part accepted PC only enough to keep legal and HR happy, and then bitched about in on a societal wide level with movies like PCU and shows named Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher. But now children raised during the 90's are beginning to get into management positions and enforce their will, and unlike the 90's they are true believers.
It's worse (more noticeable at least) currently, but it was never just selling bumper stickers.
It's just made itself more apparent to you.

Tags
None