Overview of Staff Hierarchy

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, stating why someone was banned would have lots of side benefits. Speculation would drop. Expectations on behavior would be set.

I've had very few issues with modding here. I totally get that a larger forum necessitates more impersonal modding, but I hope the atmosphere generally stays the same. I also hope that if someone's out of line, they at least get a heads up before ban hammer.

For the record, one of the awesome things about this forum is that we DO ban people for being assholes. Too many forums wait until the trolls cross a certain line, and trolls are pretty good at exploiting that kind of leeway. Some people just need to be booted.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, stating why someone was banned would have lots of side benefits. Speculation would drop. Expectations on behavior would be set.

I've had very few issues with modding here. I totally get that a larger forum necessitates more impersonal modding, but I hope the atmosphere generally stays the same. I also hope that if someone's out of line, they at least get a heads up before ban hammer.

For the record, one of the awesome things about this forum is that we DO ban people for being assholes. Too many forums wait until the trolls cross a certain line, and trolls are pretty good at exploiting that kind of leeway. Some people just need to be booted.

Oh I agree. I often say this is the best moderated forum on the Internet for that reason.

Da Big Staw

kiwifarms.net
Oh I agree. I often say this is the best moderated forum on the Internet for that reason.

fwiw, I've never had any problem with the mods, nor do i believe the shit banned tards say on cow. Yet, I have always found the number of INTERNET CUT DOWN a bit suffocating to the point it probably encourages circlejerks and groupthink, whilst making people nervous to post dissenting opinions. There's been a couple things I posted on /Cow/ because, while they did not break any rules I was not sure if it was OK to post here. One of them got a very nice, and reasoned response from Null ironically.

The 2 other forums I belong to basically won't ban anyone unless a person asks to be banned. If a poster is breaking the pretty lax rules they are only allowed to post to a "retards forum" for a period of time. Despite having little moderation these communitys are very harmonious , with post quality just as good as here.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Yet, I have always found the number of INTERNET CUT DOWN a bit suffocating to the point it probably encourages circlejerks and groupthink, whilst making people nervous to post dissenting opinions.
That's interesting. It's probably quite the opposite in reality. I'm way more lenient to a curious, naive outsider than I am to someone who's been here 2 years and thinks themselves invincible. It's definitely something to consider moving forward.

One of the first things I did when I had any power was make the Off-Topic visible (not readable) to guests. This is because, when I started posting, I was very cautious about the website. Because I saw no community outside of the Chris boards, I thought there was nothing there, and it made me wary of the board as a whole. Making it clear to everyone, "yes, we have an off-topic board available" gives a better sense that it isn't just a troll hive.

People coming in with opinions like these are probably the most interesting to hear because they are built on a clean slate and represent the quiet majority.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
Yet, I have always found the number of INTERNET CUT DOWN a bit suffocating to the point it probably encourages circlejerks and groupthink, whilst making people nervous to post dissenting opinions.
Your opinion is different and I don't like that.
s1sByputN7Tutwd2Ca0z.gif

Sanic

4 the sped u ned
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A ruler is loyal to his subjects, always reaching out to help them. In return, the subjects are loyal to their ruler, and realize their ruler makes the decisions of the kingdom in the people's best interest. What unites the two, ruler and subject. The compassion between them.

Sanic

4 the sped u ned
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net