OY VEY!!! Antisemitism! -

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That story doesn't make any sense. Whether he ordered beef or pork he was not eating kosher either way so why would he pretend to be ordering one in order not to be seen ordering the other when it literally would make no difference to anyone from his community?

If he was seen ordering non-kosher food it doesn't matter which type of non-kosher food he ate.

That's like a Mormon ordering a beer but secretly asking for a scotch
If there was a large hasidic community in the area maybe there was just an expectation that all beef there be kosher

Strelok

Perfectly Cromulent Poster
kiwifarms.net
If there was a large hasidic community in the area maybe there was just an expectation that all beef there be kosher
No I'm pretty sure made to order from the deli counter wouldn't be because of cross contamination from the slicers. It was probably more about making sure I didn't question it.

We sometimes went days without washing those things tbh. Enjoy your food!

Ntwadumela

That takes care of the cremation..
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is literally no reason why Anti-semitism should exist at all. Its very stupid, and I don't understand why people out there hate Jews.
Some distinction should be made between Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism.

People who are against Zionism are very often strawmanned by those for it as just being filthy bigotted Anti-Semites.

I don't consider myself an Anti-Semite- I have nothing against the Jewish people, their religion, or even Israel existing as a country. I do have a problem, however, with Zionism, for the same reason I'd have a problem with any country being forcibly annexed into another because "muh holy-land". Even if this is Palestine we're talking about, and Muslims are the current group of people that everyone loves to hate. Seriously, leave Palestine alone, you damn dirty JERKS!
I am neutral on the situation of Israel and Palestine since both have their faults, but you are seriously retarded if you believe that Jews didn't live in that same area thousands of years ago. Where else do you think the Abrahamic religions started? Not only that, but it's Palestine that's instigating the conflict these days. People not supporting it is irrelevant to the subject of Islam, as there's a stable community of Muslims in Israel. The conflict is really one of the most childish of motivations.
"I WAS HERE FIRST"
"NO I WAS"
"DADDY U.N. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ISRAEL TO STOP HITTING ME"
"HE'S THE ONE THATS STARTING IT BY RUINING MY MODEL CITY AND SHOOTING PELLETS AT ME"
That's the situation in a nutshell.
Seriously, shut the fuck up and accept each other as neighbors. Even North Korea of all places isn't waging war on the South on a daily basis, which says a whole lot about how pointless the whole conflict is. Both groups have lived in the same area for thousands of years, and it's really sad how they haven't realized this.

Last edited:

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah no pretty much every Jew agrees on shellfish and pork being non-kosher, it's just that a lot of us are only really Jewish by blood and not in beliefs so we don't really care.

Any Jew who tries to claim that eating pork is OK and still somehow wants to claim religious legitimacy is doing it wrong.

But me? Gimme dat BLT all day.

Ntwadumela

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah no pretty much every Jew agrees on shellfish and pork being non-kosher, it's just that a lot of us are only really Jewish by blood and not in beliefs so we don't really care.

Any Jew who tries to claim that eating pork is OK and still somehow wants to claim religious legitimacy is doing it wrong.

Yeah, Jews definitely find shellfish to be non-Kosher. They also find the mix of meat and dairy to not be Kosher.
Shia as well find Shellfish to be Haraam believe it or not. I had a conversation with a Shiite friend of mine about lobsters, he was wondering how it tastes, and I told him it's some of the best seafood ever. He asked "Isn't it Haraam tho?" I than told him "Of course not bro, why else would they sell it in Kuwait if it was?" Later that day I found out from my family that although us Sunni can eat shellfish/crustaceans, the Shia cannot, for what reason I have absolutely no idea at all.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

I think dietary laws are, by and large, the silliness and least spiritual of all conduct rules. While they enforce a norm among societies that care about them, and a sense of identity, they have absolutely nothing to do with spiritual beliefs and there is no way someone's "legitimacy" is any less because they think lobster is fine but shrimp is an abomination, or because they disagree about what kind of silly ass hat to wear.

Ntwadumela

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think dietary laws are, by and large, the silliness and least spiritual of all conduct rules. While they enforce a norm among societies that care about them, and a sense of identity, they have absolutely nothing to do with spiritual beliefs and there is no way someone's "legitimacy" is any less because they think lobster is fine but shrimp is an abomination, or because they disagree about what kind of silly ass hat to wear.
I believe it has less to do with spirituality and more to do with cleanliness, at least this is how I see it. This is also the reason why Pork isn't consumed by Muslims or Jews, because they aren't considered to be clean animals for consumption, according to the religious laws that is.

• Agree
Reactions: DirkBloodStormKing

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I believe it has less to do with spirituality and more to do with cleanliness, at least this is how I see it. This is also the reason why Pork isn't consumed by Muslims or Jews, because they aren't considered to be clean animals for consumption, according to the religious laws that is.
Cleanliness is in a purely spiritual sense, though, because any actual concerns that historically existed about specific animals is long gone. There is no reason dogs are inherently unclean. That's a belief. A religious belief.

Ntwadumela

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cleanliness is in a purely spiritual sense, though, because any actual concerns that historically existed about specific animals is long gone. There is no reason dogs are inherently unclean. That's a belief. A religious belief.
Though I understand where you're coming from, the belief that dogs are unclean tends to vary depending on the person you're talking to. To eat them is considered Haraam. The bedouins of the Arabian desert have used dogs for hunting and as companions, specifically the Saluki dog. The people on the more conservative bordering on extremist side of the spectrum are the ones condemning dogs, their view is because that they will sometimes eat feces and/or roll around in it. This is their reasoning, but I find it very stupid TBH. Many people I know own dogs, as did I.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
I'm bumping up this thread because for some reason, college campuses are having a rise in Anti-Semitic views. Most of them has to do with the Israeli-Palestinian relationships. I wonder what you guys think of that?
Edit:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ntwadumela

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
It is because they see the whole conflict in strictly black or white. No shades of grey here. That it is far more complex then what it is. We also have to deal with some media that is very bias (in my country, nearly all media is for Palestine and paint Israel is Nazi 2.0).

PortsideDave

Concentration camp counselor
kiwifarms.net
I'm bumping up this thread because for some reason, college campuses are having a rise in Anti-Semitic views. Most of them has to do with the Israeli-Palestinian relationships. I wonder what you guys think of that?
Edit:
DA JUICE R OPPRESIN MAH RIGHTS
It is because they see the whole conflict in strictly black or white. No shades of grey here. That it is far more complex then what it is. We also have to deal with some media that is very bias (in my country, nearly all media is for Palestine and paint Israel is Nazi 2.0).
IMO I think the reason a lot of colleges tend to support Palestine (despite the Palestinians torpedoing every attempt at statehood they got) is because they seem oppressed. College students all love standing up for the oppressed and believe that Palestine is full of innocents who did nothing wrong. What they don't know is that Palestine probably has a worse human rights record that Israel. LGBT citizens are not considered citizens and are killed for the crime of being LGBT whereas in Israel LGBT citizens are free to live as they please. Criticizing Hamas gets you either tortured, killed, or both. Palestinian military groups also love putting rockets next to places like mosques, homes, and even a UN building. Which totally isn't to gain sympathy from the media guys. Let's also not forget that according to a former black September member (one of the only three survivors), President Mahmoud Abbas funded the Munich Olympics massacre group.
Another thing that should not be forgotten was the lynching of two Israeli reservists by a 1000 palestinians who then said they didn't want it aired on television.

Don't get me wrong, Israel has its problems and is far from perfect. But compared to Palestine, Israel is 100 times better as they don't try to smuggle in suicide vests or cheer for 9/11. Overall the Palestinians continue to make their problem worse.

And just in case you aren't convinced. (Warning link is graphic).

Lorento

Nick Clegg's biggest fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMO I think the reason a lot of colleges tend to support Palestine (despite the Palestinians torpedoing every attempt at statehood they got) is because they seem oppressed. College students all love standing up for the oppressed and believe that Palestine is full of innocents who did nothing wrong. What they don't know is that Palestine probably has a worse human rights record that Israel. LGBT citizens are not considered citizens and are killed for the crime of being LGBT whereas in Israel LGBT citizens are free to live as they please. Criticizing Hamas gets you either tortured, killed, or both. Palestinian military groups also love putting rockets next to places like mosques, homes, and even a UN building. Which totally isn't to gain sympathy from the media guys. Let's also not forget that according to a former black September member (one of the only three survivors), President Mahmoud Abbas funded the Munich Olympics massacre group.
Another thing that should not be forgotten was the lynching of two Israeli reservists by a 1000 palestinians who then said they didn't want it aired on television.

Don't get me wrong, Israel has its problems and is far from perfect. But compared to Palestine, Israel is 100 times better as they don't try to smuggle in suicide vests or cheer for 9/11. Overall the Palestinians continue to make their problem worse.

And just in case you aren't convinced. (Warning link is graphic).
It's also worth pointing out that Jews are not allowed to pray at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, but Muslims are. And if you try to go to pray, the locals will stone you until you either run or die.

The treaties surrounding Israel are very complex and anyone who truly believes the issue to be 'Palestinians=Good' and 'Jews=Bad' are utterly delusional idiots.

CWCchange

Ɔʍɔɔɥɐuƃǝ
kiwifarms.net
At my Alma mater several years back, the SJP chapter posted mock eviction notices at dormitories for some feels about Israel's alleged illegal occupation of Palestinian territories, but ended up looking like morons because it's illegal to use local government insignia on fake documents. The students scared were sort of morons as well, because the local government doesn't have jurisdiction over eviction on state university property.

It's also worth pointing out that Jews are not allowed to pray at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, but Muslims are. And if you try to go to pray, the locals will stone you until you either run or die.
Israeli police guard the site and will apprehend you before anybody grabs a rock from their so-called holy site and chucks it at you.

Broseph Stalin

Smoke a Fed for St. Herkster
kiwifarms.net
The Israelis might bombard the Palestinians with artillery, but at least they have the decency to warn the civilians beforehand to get them out of the hot zone. The Palestinians just tell the civilians to stay put and ignore the warnings (Sometimes at gunpoint), and then play the victim card when the civilians get blown to shit and pin it all on Israel.

Internet War Criminal

Making America Great Again, One Lift at the Time
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Israelis might bombard the Palestinians with artillery, but at least they have the decency to warn the civilians beforehand to get them out of the hot zone. The Palestinians just tell the civilians to stay put and ignore the warnings (Sometimes at gunpoint), and then play the victim card when the civilians get blown to shit and pin it all on Israel.
There was a Hamas commander who was warned "stay away from your family we know exactly where you are and we will kill you in 48 hour". He stayed with his wives and 9 children and said 'lol no'. They called 24 hours before and said the same. He refused to separate from them. They called the day of, he refused. They bombed him, then all of the palis and international media chimped our REEE ISRAEL KILLED ONE TERRORIST ALONGSIDE 12 CIVVIES REEEEE

:stress:

Tags
None