Paper Mario Series -

Which Paper Mario Game is your Favorite?

• Paper Mario

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • Super Paper Mario

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Paper Mario Color Splash

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • They're all good imo

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
2004-2005 was a really weird time for Nintendo and NOA. They made their games challenging for once and put out some of their best works. The American version of Partners in Time was actually much harder than the Japanese version. Pretty much everything coming out at that time seemed to be challenging, as though it were some kind of fad.

I was going to rant about how the final boss is literally a trampoline but it made me feel elitist and autistic. It really was disappointing though. Bleck just before it was cool but then the actual final boss, like, did they rush that or something? How did they think that was in any way satisfying?
Nintendo doesn't make good finales anymore.

They obviously had it in them. Sure there was unimaginably shit bosses like the Heaven and Sammer bosses but then you also had stuff like the flop/flipside trial finales.

I think they intentionally make the finales easy to prevent people from getting upset. Their previous style of making bosses that might have to be redone obviously irked some people.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lttp-paper-mario-ttyd-my-god-is-this-endgame-a-bullshit-waste-of-the-players-time.66321/

ComputerWife

I want a divorce
kiwifarms.net
Incidentally I don't know if it's my copy of the disc or what, but repetitive gameplay in certain areas seems to have damaged my copy of the game. It's noticeable in Chapter 1-2 (because I went there a lot to sell gold bricks for profit) and in Chapter 5-4 trying to use Bowser's down attack on a pipe with enemies constantly coming out of it to gain easy exp. My game will flicker and shit if I try to do either of those things, which is weird as hell considering I've barely ever played the game and take care to never scratch the discs.
I actually have a similar problem? I used to leave the game’s main title screen and let the intro cutscene play out frequently. Now the game flickers, tears, and eventually crashes if I let it play. No scratches either.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
It seems like Paper Mario kind of mirrors how Nintendo also approaches Star Fox. After refining the gameplay over the course of two games, Nintendo feels like they can't just do that again with subsequent installments and thrust a bunch of haphazard experiments on the franchise. They seem to not care that audiences would just be happy with a new, traditional Paper Mario and Star Fox game, especially since it's been so long since the last traditional games in those series.

PsychoNerd054

Reporter of the Double Posts
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget he hijacked a Rare game and force to turn it into a Starfox game and probably let them get bought out by Microsoft.
That’s something that I personally hate about Nintendo around that time. Since around the early 2010s, it always seemed they put far more emphasis on the novelty and gimmicks of their games instead of making them good or stand out.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino