Paradox Interactive is starting to talk about "toxicity" on the forums - How long until the banhammer starts swinging? -

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net

TL;DR - The devs are claiming that there's meanieheads that are being unconstructively critical, and this justifies a tempban on the first strike, and physical removal for a 2nd offense. The stated definition of "toxicity" is a big fat subjective fuckall, so I'm looking forward to some sperg getting banned for being a sperg, and not because they're legitimately trolling or "being toxic."

This is invariably the kind of shit seen at lolcow-filled studios like Riot, BioWare in recent times, and similar, and there's always hilarious tardcum that ends up being found, as a result. It's worth noting that Paradox is involved in the upcoming VtM: Bloodlines 2, which is based on the revamped iterations of the rules, which included lunacy like "Fascism in play" and "Character and Player Identity". That is grounds for optimism about the possibility of lols, right off the hop.

Am I optimistic to imagine some 2k Games/Betheseda/Riot tardcum and locow spergery, or nah?

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, what happened to World of Darkness?
"Please mind hurtful ideas in our game about undead monsters praying on the populace. Make sure to explain to your players that someone disagreeing with them isn't rape after you finish the scene of them drawing and quartering some drugged out club girl."

VIVIIXI

kiwifarms.net
It's a fucking tabletop game about vampires, why the fuck does everything have to turn into a political battlefield
Ironically, VtM is a game heavily about political battlefields.

But I agree that bringing that shit to their forums is not the brightest idea.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Eryngium

Cryptids are a Cute! CUTE!
kiwifarms.net
It's a fucking tabletop game about vampires, why the fuck does everything have to turn into a political battlefield
Vampires are oppressed and barred from entering certain buildings by certain people on top of the fact that they just can't stop themselves from getting into situations where there is unsafe blood to blood contact, how does this not have anything to do with politics?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

SmileyTimeDayCare

kiwifarms.net
They lost and are continuing to lose so they have to make sure they tell everyone how wrong they are and encourage them to correct their thinking lest they be left outside of society.

Telling you right now these people think they have more allies than they do. They think that everyone who didn't vote for dRumpfler is on their side--they aren't. Most people were just ignoring them but they are making that impossible and a rude awakening is in the mail. I suspect we won't be seeing as much wokeness tolerated in a few years as corporations realize societal capital doesn't equal revenue.

Last edited:
Paradox has a culture of openness and free exchange with our fans that is almost unparalleled in the video game industry, and it's been a vital part of our success that we mean to maintain.
lol at the boilerplate doublespeak.

is the toxicity really about vtm2 or is it about Imperator being a $40 turd? they say it's "to reduce or eliminate the toxicity levels especially around dev diaries." I guess that's one way to handle the critics being right.

gun

kiwifarms.net

TL;DR - The devs are claiming that there's meanieheads that are being unconstructively critical, and this justifies a tempban on the first strike, and physical removal for a 2nd offense. The stated definition of "toxicity" is a big fat subjective fuckall, so I'm looking forward to some sperg getting banned for being a sperg, and not because they're legitimately trolling or "being toxic."

This is invariably the kind of shit seen at lolcow-filled studios like Riot, BioWare in recent times, and similar, and there's always hilarious tardcum that ends up being found, as a result. It's worth noting that Paradox is involved in the upcoming VtM: Bloodlines 2, which is based on the revamped iterations of the rules, which included lunacy like "Fascism in play" and "Character and Player Identity". That is grounds for optimism about the possibility of lols, right off the hop.

Am I optimistic to imagine some 2k Games/Betheseda/Riot tardcum and locow spergery, or nah?
that rulebook

Fictionally experiencing seductive perspectives like blaming the Other, conforming to norms, and fighting for a grand purpose can help you spot these tendencies in others and yourself and diminish their power over you.
what?

the guy who wrote this thinks he's in a game

Last edited:

Clop

kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite things about the tabletop RPG genre has always been the exploration of adult themes and very complex storylines where morality is hazy, how you're going to have to think about your own or your character's motivations through and maybe even have some growth in both. Now it's being walked over by dangerhairs who can't handle a wrong pronoun.

fanbase2018-01-04_23-10-41.jpg

I swear, whoever made this thing had seen this shit happen during their lifetime and it's just a rule of nature now.

Imperialist #348

kiwifarms.net
One of my favorite things about the tabletop RPG genre has always been the exploration of adult themes and very complex storylines where morality is hazy, how you're going to have to think about your own or your character's motivations through and maybe even have some growth in both. Now it's being walked over by dangerhairs who can't handle a wrong pronoun.

View attachment 790636

I swear, whoever made this thing had seen this shit happen during their lifetime and it's just a rule of nature now.
Tis becoming disturbingly common each day, those that that somehow avoid this are generally the only source for the company thus they cant pull this scumminess.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino