Paradox Studio Thread -

Favorite Paradox Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, I guess we have CK3 now, you guys ready for another huge batch of DLC that will be upwards of 300 dollars?

You know it's real bad when the first thing you think of are the DLC instead of the actual base game itself.

• Feels
Reactions: Exterminatus

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why do they even bother? Now the top downloaded mod for CK3 will be "Deus Vult Full Restoration" mod

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Well that's the first one that stuck out, haha. But checking out ModDB and the Steam Workshop shows a lot of mods. And some pretty good ones for Victoria II too.
I made joke... Kaiserreich and Führerreich are fun and well made. some other smaller mods make the game experience much better(and are required for most MP games).
the 40k mod is meh but i heared the Pony mod isnt bad.

• Informative
Reactions: Ahriman

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
I made joke... Kaiserreich and Führerreich are fun and well made. some other smaller mods make the game experience much better(and are required for most MP games).
the 40k mod is meh but i heared the Pony mod isnt bad.
Anything that lets me build a European utopia, with Tsarist Russia at the helm would work for me. Long live the Tsar!

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Germany isnt tat woke, we just have some special stuff rooted in history.
True, as awful as Germany's draconian hate speech laws and national sense of self-loathing is, I can at least understand its origins. Honestly, I think the only reason why we don't see similar stigmatization of Soviet imagery in Europe is because there wasn't a Cold War equivalent of the Nuremberg trials (although there should have been)

What really baffles me is why Sweden is so woke? They were neutral during both World Wars and their colonial empire at its greatest extent consisted of a few barely inhabited Caribbean islands and a pioneer village in Delaware.

I guess the national kink of Sweden is emotional masochism.

The French love threesomes, the Greeks love butt stuff, the Serbs love snuff films, the Scots love to fuck sheep, and I suppose the Swedes get off on self-loathing.

Reactions: Ahriman

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
True, as awful as Germany's draconian hate speech laws and national sense of self-loathing is, I can at least understand its origins. Honestly, I think the only reason why we don't see similar stigmatization of Soviet imagery in Europe is because there wasn't a Cold War equivalent of the Nuremberg trials (although there should have been)

What really baffles me is why Sweden is so woke? They were neutral during both World Wars and their colonial empire at its greatest extent consisted of a few barely inhabited Caribbean islands and a pioneer village in Delaware.

I guess the national kink of Sweden is emotional masochism.

The French love threesomes, the Greeks love butt stuff, the Serbs love snuff films, the Scots love to fuck sheep, and I suppose the Swedes get off on self-loathing.
I personally think it's what happens when people with the wrong mindset don't have enough real issues. Instead of being thankful for that and expanding upon life, certain people feel the need to have things to bitch about. They'll just start making up fake issues to complain about, instead of just being content with life and moving on.

It doesn't help that we, as a society, have rewarded this behavior with all the attention that one could ever hope for. Wokeness is just attention seeking from people who cannot stand the idea of living just a normal life.

Kaede Did Nothing Wrong

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Oh no, it's exceptional.
rps had to append a clarification onto that
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 8.58.55 PM.png

this is what the article's author looks like btw:
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 8.35.22 PM.png

you're a pretty shit journalist if the devs have to call your editor to throw water on an inflammatory statement in what's supposed to be a promo piece. if I had to guess he bluntly asked about 8chan memes, the pr person fumbled an answer, and he made a bullet point out of that. either way it's safe to assume nobody at pdx is going to act like Daniel Vavra in face of this kind of criticism, which is a shame because that's what ck3 needs.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I'm sure it's also pretty cool to build "SuperGermany", haha. Been blasting military marches from all over the world for the last couple days in preparation. (?)
No, Kaiserreich has the most fun Russia.
Germany is alot weaker than in the base game.

Pony mod is 7/10 not bad but needs work in the late game.
Sure, but its not as barebones as many other mods. the 40k mod has one nation specific and one generic focustree.

you're a pretty shit journalist if the devs have to call your editor to throw water on an inflammatory statement in what's supposed to be a promo piece. if I had to guess he bluntly asked about 8chan memes, the pr person fumbled an answer, and he made a bullet point out of that. either way it's safe to assume nobody at pdx is going to act like Daniel Vavra in face of this kind of criticism, which is a shame because that's what ck3 needs.
or somebody read all the pissed of comments in the forum. they are on pretty thin ice after I:R and mobile Stellaris.

GnomeofDoc

What? I like weird old guns.
kiwifarms.net
Sure, but its not as barebones as many other mods. the 40k mod has one nation specific and one generic focustree.
That’s the problem with almost every mod for HOI4 about 90% are dead and no longer in development like 2% are done and the rest are in development / limbo. Big example is the Modern Day mod is a hot mess of broken ideas and pure shit.

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
I can't bring myself to be excited by any of these announcements. Even Stellaris' Federations update just makes me depressed because I know the AI won't be able to play the new mechanics anyway and PDX won't spend the time necessary to actually fix the AI. With Stellaris it's particularly bad because the game relies so much more on its "game" mechanics instead of roleplaying like CK2, but PDX has just turned to shit in the last 2-3 years when it comes to how they roll out updates and leave issues that the rework or expansion introduced like it's just some bothersome bug in business software that you can leave in because no one really uses that particular feature and it's not something that makes the game non-functional.

Every game follows the same format of broken releases of half-assed "content packs" that contain updates no one should have to pay for, limp-wristed bugfixes, and then a long wait for modders to at least try to fix the shit game design.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Every game follows the same format of broken releases of half-assed "content packs" that contain updates no one should have to pay for, limp-wristed bugfixes, and then a long wait for modders to at least try to fix the shit game design.
you mean a rework in the first year`?

Tags
None