Paradox Studio Thread -

Favorite Paradox Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LatinasAreTheFuture

Supreme Leader of Greater Muttistan
kiwifarms.net
Oh my god they broke eu4 so bad.

*I just can’t understand why devs just can’t have fun? Why can’t we have a game where I am able to smoothly build an empire? The thing is the game already has a good feel, it’s nice to play as an opm and build an empire by carving your way through a region of states. It’s best moments are when im thinking like an absolute monarch, starting wars I can’t win for territories I don’t need and the reason being that I’m the king and if I want this or that province it can be mine. It’s really fun to play as a power drunk monarch that totally intends on taking over the world and it would be really nice if the devs would just let me have my fun. Instead they cater to autismos who want to pause every day to achieve whatever min max the numbers work out too. And not even to mention the brain dead fucking ai that has to be cheated like for ffs. And for the love of god I hope paradox does pops down to the individual. It’s easily the best way to build game mechanics, give each pop a name, age, family, race, religion, culture, and then you can do all the pie charts you want for any grouping of any people in the world. With the population number and ages you can have a demographics tree. This could be used to build an economy with jobs, any kind of currency could be made; whatever silver or gold coins could be tracked, track how pops save wealth, all this shit and it doesn’t have to be abstract bullshit. A game like this really needs to be simulation heavy.

Last edited:

Unyielding Stupidity

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
kiwifarms.net
And for the love of god I hope paradox does pops down to the individual. It’s easily the best way to build game mechanics, give each pop a name, age, family, race, religion, culture, and then you can do all the pie charts you want for any grouping of any people in the world.
Do you want to kill your CPU? As that's exactly how you kill your CPU. End-game EU4 already has performance issues without a system like that, adding that in would make the game so performance-heavy that it'd be unplayable. A pop system like Vicky 2 might work, but any further than that and you'd kill the PC of anyone that tried to play the game.

LatinasAreTheFuture

Supreme Leader of Greater Muttistan
kiwifarms.net
Do you want to kill your CPU? As that's exactly how you kill your CPU. End-game EU4 already has performance issues without a system like that, adding that in would make the game so performance-heavy that it'd be unplayable. A pop system like Vicky 2 might work, but any further than that and you'd kill the PC of anyone that tried to play the game.
Oh no way do should paradox keep developing eu4 and adding on features. My idea was in regards to some future game, possibly not even eu5.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
As that's exactly how you kill your CPU. End-game EU4 already has performance issues without a system like that, adding that in would make the game so performance-heavy that it'd be unplayable. A pop system like Vicky 2 might work, but any further than that and you'd kill the PC of anyone that tried to play the game.
Well Rome and Stellaris have a pop system and they have much more complex pop systems,

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
On my recent replay of ck2 I turned off reapers and conclave and found the game actually ran smoother. Reapers due in particular bloats the game up with endless busy work and being screwed by the random numbers game, Especially if you're trying to do an ironman.

Edit: Judaism really needed a patch before they called is a day, it's basically christianity minus all the flavour mechanically.

Marshal Mannerheim

Koti, uskonto, ja isänmaa.
kiwifarms.net
On my recent replay of ck2 I turned off reapers and conclave and found the game actually ran smoother. Reapers due in particular bloats the game up with endless busy work and being screwed by the random numbers game, Especially if you're trying to do an ironman.

Edit: Judaism really needed a patch before they called is a day, it's basically christianity minus all the flavour mechanically.
I turn Conclave off because I enjoy being able to do things without having to micromanage the council.

CK2 is meant to be fun and, for me, having to wrangle council members doesn't really work. There's also the way Conclave makes Jews useless.
If you have Sons of Abraham on, Jews can turn up at your court. These Jews usually have high intrigue, diplomacy or stewardship and so they're ideal council members. If you use Conclave, those Jews will invariably have a low opinion of you because you're a foreigner and of a different religious group to them, meaning that they'll vote against you on the council. So you end up with a bunch of Jews who clutter up your court and who you can do nothing with because they'll always reject any attempt to demand conversion.

Great planning, Paradox!

Last edited:

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
It's the relentless tempter tantrums from your vassels for not being on the kings council which put me off. The weird part is it isn't particularly realistic since "fuck you I'm the king " was the norm with the 'council' in the period, if there was a council at all and not you and your homies in a pagan shack in the arse end of Scandinavia.

Last edited:

CisnaHeat3994

kiwifarms.net
If you have Sons of Abraham on, Jews can turn up at your court. These Jews usually have high intrigue, diplomacy or stewardship and so they're ideal council members. If you use Conclave, those Jews will invariably have a low opinion of you because you're a foreigner and of a different religious group to them, meaning that they'll vote against you on the council. So you end up with a bunch of Jews who clutter up your court and who you can do nothing with because they'll always reject any attempt to demand conversion.

Great planning, Paradox!
I didn't realize CK2 is based

Fuck Y'all

Goddamn chemicals turning freakin' frogs gay
kiwifarms.net
90% negrate was just broken :story: :story: :story:

Attachments

• 180788259_2964755000413900_679081876091846210_n.jpg
    180788259_2964755000413900_679081876091846210_n.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 44

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
I am still pissed about all the money I blew on Stellaris. I bought all the dlc (as of a year ago or so) and then a week later a patch completely changed the game and nuked everything I liked about it.
Paradox at least still keeps the old versions of the game on Steam, though I noticed they have removed version 1.9 at some point. You can switch to it via Beta Opt-in.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-int...y-is-driving-developers-away-from-its-forums/

Oh no, the Paradox devs are getting shittalked by players for their horrid design choices. So anyways...
How bad is it over on the Paradox Forums now? It's been a few years since they instituted new policies for "toxicity" which made it easy to get suspended or banned because they kept putting out DLC and patches that contained game-breaking bugs anyone would catch after a few hours of playtesting. And that was before they put out Early Access shit like Imperator Rome. I can't imagine how bad things are now.

I never bothered complaining to the devs over their poor playtesting since I never play without mods so never buy their DLC on release. But something is clearly wrong when Paradox games have exploded in popularity this last decade yet their quality on release seems worse and worse.

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
How bad is it over on the Paradox Forums now?
To quote a poster:
I am sure some caveman with no name started the trend for humans to walk on two feet and eventually run. But he ain't no Usain Bolt. While the Horse Armor DLC is that caveman, Leviathan is the Usain Bolt of bad DLC's and the reviews on steam back up my claim, even if you don't consider that most of the positive reviews are sarcastic in nature.
Its pretty fucking bad.

EDIT: I would like to point out that Leviathan was apparently done by the new Madrid office. Clearly, we can see the Spanish work ethic shine through with its quality.

Drihten

Destroy the Norman yoke.
kiwifarms.net
https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-int...y-is-driving-developers-away-from-its-forums/

Oh no, the Paradox devs are getting shittalked by players for their horrid design choices. So anyways...
The paradox forums are not having it

"Pay attention to what Paradox are doing and how they are shifting the narrative of the conversation.
They claim, in public, they are receiving death threats and people are calling for them to lose their livelihoods. Neither of these things are okay, and people who do this should be ashamed of themselves.
But the narrative then somehow changes to, if you're harshly criticising this game, you're basically in bed with those very, very few people who are saying terrible things.
Thus, Paradox are basically immune from criticism. You either fall in-line and praise the psychological horror of a release that is Leviathan, or you're in bed with the worst kinds of people on the internet.
It's an intentional PR move from Paradox. Nothing else."

They've fucked up without a doubt, and now they're clipping Imperator's wings that it sprouted with 2.0 just to clean up the scatological mess that Paradox Tinto created.

Tercio

Defeating the French
kiwifarms.net
It's disappointing how low Paradox has fallen these past few years. I've been sick of their DLC policy since EU4 and I'm glad Leviathan is getting ass-fucked like no tommorow

Victoria 2 is their magnum opus, even though it's a clunky mess and shows its age, it doesn't feel like a cash grab like the newer titles with like 20 DLC