Paradox Studio Thread

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

Favorite Paradox Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WolfeTone

AAAAAAAAH BEE JAMS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20211118_172613.png

Fibrillar Collagen

kiwifarms.net
My only experience with paradox is ck2 and I have to admit I quite like the game. If I'm allowed a little story time, I can tell you about the stupid game where I reformed suomenusko to be a matriarchal, proselityzing religion with a temporal leader because, as the king of estonia, all my male kids were absolute useless retards and I just wanted my shield maiden daughter to inherit. Long story short, the religion map was really fucky with christian heresies popping up everywhere and female led suomenusko armies invading from the north to impose a matriarchy on europe. I deliberately took a backseat after the reformation, mainly tending to spiritual matters and, apart from launching a holy war here and there, mainly watched as the AI did the most cursed things with borders.

I'm a little bit intrigued by EU4 but I really dislike the whole blobbing out aspect and without the funny events and courtship and stuff, I'm not sure I can stomach more than one playthrouth of 'playing tall' while watching the AI sperg out which is my favourite thing in ck2. Recently, I was told about a total conversion mode for eu4 called anbennar or something like that, that transposes the game into a tolkienesque heroic fantasy setting and it looks really cool but I'm really not sure. Did anyone try it? Is it good enough to buy eu4 wnd the 5 or 6 dlcs required to play it?

JJLiautaud

The Sandwich Guy
kiwifarms.net
Just saw Bo's and Trotsky's ISP's new videos shilling the new HOI4 dlc looks like fun, will definitely buy and play over thanksgiving.

Radola Gajda

Legionář, Lion of Siberia
kiwifarms.net
My only experience with paradox is ck2 and I have to admit I quite like the game. If I'm allowed a little story time, I can tell you about the stupid game where I reformed suomenusko to be a matriarchal, proselityzing religion with a temporal leader because, as the king of estonia, all my male kids were absolute useless retards and I just wanted my shield maiden daughter to inherit. Long story short, the religion map was really fucky with christian heresies popping up everywhere and female led suomenusko armies invading from the north to impose a matriarchy on europe. I deliberately took a backseat after the reformation, mainly tending to spiritual matters and, apart from launching a holy war here and there, mainly watched as the AI did the most cursed things with borders.

I'm a little bit intrigued by EU4 but I really dislike the whole blobbing out aspect and without the funny events and courtship and stuff, I'm not sure I can stomach more than one playthrouth of 'playing tall' while watching the AI sperg out which is my favourite thing in ck2. Recently, I was told about a total conversion mode for eu4 called anbennar or something like that, that transposes the game into a tolkienesque heroic fantasy setting and it looks really cool but I'm really not sure. Did anyone try it? Is it good enough to buy eu4 wnd the 5 or 6 dlcs required to play it?
I tried it for a bit and leť s say If you dont like normal EU4 you will probably not like it as well.
It is same experience but in Fantasy coat of paint.

Scale Smerch

Decisions are hard
kiwifarms.net
Just saw Bo's and Trotsky's ISP's new videos shilling the new HOI4 dlc looks like fun, will definitely buy and play over thanksgiving.
Seeing it in action has me excited as well, the new supply system in particular is a much better representation for the period and makes warfare more logical - i.e. fighting along major logistical arteries more so than nonsensical whole front pushes. It pretty much turns HOI4's war system into Grigsby's War in the East lite which isn't a bad thing at all.

Of course the AI is still going to be shit and the focus remains too much on meme focus trees over actual improvements (peace deal fix when Paradox?), but I'm quite looking forward to seeing how mods take advantage of this update.

Snekposter

SnekMILFposter
kiwifarms.net
Seeing it in action has me excited as well, the new supply system in particular is a much better representation for the period and makes warfare more logical - i.e. fighting along major logistical arteries more so than nonsensical whole front pushes. It pretty much turns HOI4's war system into Grigsby's War in the East lite which isn't a bad thing at all.

Of course the AI is still going to be shit and the focus remains too much on meme focus trees over actual improvements (peace deal fix when Paradox?), but I'm quite looking forward to seeing how mods take advantage of this update.
What sucks is motorized supply routes don't consume fuel. You know... a pretty big thing considering the Red Ball Express sucked up three gallons driving for every gallon of gas it sent to a frontline division.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1637530170006.png

When I saw this I thought "Victoria 2, lol"....

What sucks is motorized supply routes don't consume fuel. You know... a pretty big thing considering the Red Ball Express sucked up three gallons driving for every gallon of gas it sent to a frontline division.
Thats pretty insane.

The Germans supplied their entire army with horses because they lacked oil. They could produce the trucks, but had no oil. Its a pretty major factor in the war. The Soviets didn't have the trucks, but they had the oil so when the USA gave them trucks it was a go time.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Didn't Hearts of Iron 3 have the logistics cost in the game? I remember it being kind of weird, like as the Soviets I could defend against the Nazis and then push to the Rhine no problem and never go below the max oil (99999) but then when I invaded Manchuria with the historic amount of forces (more or less) I burned through almost my entire stockpile in just a few months.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today's the day for No Step Back.
Has anyone played it yet? How is it?
Came to ask the same question. Steam reviews are no help; negs are mostly bitching about how it breaks the game (without providing details), while pozzers are just thirstposting about Stalin.

I saw one person mention the addition of gulags; I assume this was just a joke, right? Paradox hasn't really decided to reverse their long-running policy of Holocaust denial, have they?

Marshal Mannerheim

Kristus on Kuningas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw one person mention the addition of gulags; I assume this was just a joke, right?
Probably, yeah. Paradox don't want the bad press that comes as a result of making Death Camp Simulator 9000.

(Although funnily enough, playing as a genocidal warlord that burns down the whole of the Middle East for some more space to graze your horses as you rape the Pope's mum is perfectly fine. All crimes against humanity are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Snekposter

SnekMILFposter
kiwifarms.net
Its... Paradox. Tank designer is horribly broken letting you make super-reliable heavies that outrun trucks, the new Russian focus tree yet again takes far too long on its focuses, and apparently the Polish uprising rapes you.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Playing without DLC.

Performance issues, but people without the DLC get new focuses so that's nice. The military system is nice and rewards actually doing war and frees up research slots.

Bit interesting that Old Guard advisors are cheap at 50pp, but no longer give political power, while genius advisors cost 200pp.