Paradox Studio Thread

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Favorite Paradox Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scale Smerch

Decisions are hard
kiwifarms.net
Today's the day for No Step Back.
Has anyone played it yet? How is it?
Dug into it for a couple of hours tonight, pretty much as expected. The new supply system and tank designer are fun, Soviet focus tree will be a nice upgrade once the focus times are rebalanced, and the patch breaks far too much crap as usual. For example: tank designer doesn't work with the tank model DLCs, Germany's tank tech focuses don't give you their tech boosts, and equipment conversion apparently doesn't exist.

Still a better release than Leviathan, but in Paradox tradition a couple patches are needed to correct for Swedish foot in mouth disease. Oh and China collapses even faster than normal, which is likely due to the supply rework.

Nope. Hardcoded. Paradox apparently sees nothing wrong with hundreds of trucks driving cross-country yet consuming not a single drop of gasoline.
That's actually annoying as hell, that should be open for modding considering some mods are probably itching to let you choose whether to have trucks or horses as your supply transportation.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its... Paradox. Tank designer is horribly broken letting you make super-reliable heavies that outrun trucks, the new Russian focus tree yet again takes far too long on its focuses, and apparently the Polish uprising rapes you.
So is Russia even cuckier than before? They've been bottom bitches since release and never once seem to win any wars on their own; it'd be funny as hell if Russia's personal DLC broke them even further, and made them even less able to stand against Germany.

(funny but annoying, since I love to leave commies as the Final Boss; very satisfying to drop nukes on every communist)

Last edited:

Snekposter

SnekMILFposter
kiwifarms.net
So is Russia even cuckier than before? They've been bottom bitches since release and never once seem to win any wars on their own; it'd be funny as hell if Russia's personal DLC broke them even further, and made them even less able to stand against Germany.

(funny but annoying, since I love to leave commies as the Final Boss; very satisfying to drop nukes on every communist)
No idea. I'm part of a mod team (don't bother asking which) so I'm unfortunately not able (or willing for obvious reasons) to play vanilla. But wouldn't surprise me. Just gotta take Moscow and Stalingrad and they're done for in terms of logistics.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
1637773615963.png

Ibadi will rise

1637773646654.png

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Now go for the third way. Still possible with the time you have.
I'm going for that and Hard Bargaining. I'm going to loop through Funji into Ethiopia while conquering Kilwa from the south. I have Cape Good Hope. My economy is fucking tragic though.

Edit: I can also get Dar al-Islam.

Marshal Mannerheim

Kristus on Kuningas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ibadi will rise
Man, that takes me back to playing CK2 and discovering that if you started as Robert the Fox you could expand into Africa by holy warring that Ibadi duchy near Leptis Magna.

Good times. I still remember the time where I took over pretty much all the Mediterranean, made my nephew king of Jerusalem and carried out an Albigensian Crusade. Unfortunately I made all my vassals dynasty members and had to delete the game because by 1200 a worryingly large number of them were inbred.

AcidityLiquidity

Just a meaty goddamn coin slot. A beefy void.
kiwifarms.net
Playing without DLC.

Performance issues, but people without the DLC get new focuses so that's nice. The military system is nice and rewards actually doing war and frees up research slots.

Bit interesting that Old Guard advisors are cheap at 50pp, but no longer give political power, while genius advisors cost 200pp.
If you own the legit base game on steam I recommend looking up creamapi and nabbing the DLC files.

I did it for CK2 when the base game went F2P and saved myself $250

Radola Gajda

Legionář, Lion of Siberia
kiwifarms.net
I played as Soviet Union and went with White Army. Stalin paranoia is simple.
You have scale 0-90 .
You have passive gain of two points per week +plus head of NKVD locked advisor also increase it.
And your efforts to start civil war also increase it.
Once you have more than 25 points there is chance Stalin is going to shoot someone. You can save them but it will increase Paranoia and it cost PP and you dont have much of it.
If you let them die paranoia goes Down.
Once paranoia reach 75 Stalin is going to shoot lot of people.
And if it reach 90 he will start civil war against you.
Preparation for civil war works like Spanish civil war.

AI is still retarded it marched its army deep into Siberia with no supply.
As White Army you have no industry little manpower so only thing you can do is push agressivly west along transsiberian Railway.
Each time you capture victory point one of few things happen.
Defection
Equipment stockpile captured
unrest in USSR : damage to Soviet industry + lowered surrender limit
Nationalist revolt.

I won civil war in october 1938.
You still get soviet debuffs to everything.
Army, industry,Air Force.
And there is not enough time to remove them. I didnt get much army XP from civil war so I had almost no doctrines unlocked.
Germany attacked year early. And I would lose if I didnt get lucky with Ukraine and Belarus revolting during civil war and becoming my puppets.
So I could delay war.
I built lvl 6 forts behind rivers+ Railways.
And when I went to war guess how long it took Germans to breakthrough fortified river ?
Month.
I eventually manage contain them , but I was so weak that I was unable to push them back until Western Allies capitulated Italy, Vichy and started in Germany proper.

You can't do industrial branch of your tree if you are at war with major.
Also there was focus Battlefield priests that had no effect.

Tldr: Monarchist Russia is pain in the ass to get and it is too weak.

Rome's rightful successor

Holy, Roman, and an Empire
kiwifarms.net
Playing without DLC.

Performance issues, but people without the DLC get new focuses so that's nice. The military system is nice and rewards actually doing war and frees up research slots.

Bit interesting that Old Guard advisors are cheap at 50pp, but no longer give political power, while genius advisors cost 200pp.
Agreed, I also like this change in the launcher
unknown.png

Radola Gajda

Legionář, Lion of Siberia
kiwifarms.net
SSSR.png

So I tried historical USSR . And while I was pushed back I did get op buffs from propaganda and order 227 . So after Axis pushed me out of Ukraine and Belarus into Russian territory they had no chance to push me. 25% defence on core territory buffs to org recovery... After buff from 227 expired I got decisions to start offensive. Offensive gives you buffs to breakthrough and attack. I managed to push them back and capitulate Germany before Allies did D day. And I was pushing with 20 w infantry And 24 40 w infantry+ artillery (with support companies of course)

Rome's rightful successor

Holy, Roman, and an Empire
kiwifarms.net
One thing I still find amusing is how Apres Moi Le Deluge is the only mod that works at the moment after the update ( I know it was created by a hoi4 developer but the point still amusing).
Screenshot_36.png

Snekposter

SnekMILFposter
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2752726
So I tried historical USSR . And while I was pushed back I did get op buffs from propaganda and order 227 . So after Axis pushed me out of Ukraine and Belarus into Russian territory they had no chance to push me. 25% defence on core territory buffs to org recovery... After buff from 227 expired I got decisions to start offensive. Offensive gives you buffs to breakthrough and attack. I managed to push them back and capitulate Germany before Allies did D day. And I was pushing with 20 w infantry And 24 40 w infantry+ artillery (with support companies of course)
I had to rate that post horrifying just because calling Stalin a great commander is like saying Hitler was a fan of Jews.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
My Mzab third way run is not possible. I'm at 1720 and I have Ottomans, Persia, and Khazak to conquer still. Disappointing but it's because I didn't pick the right ideas. I'll try again as Oman (one of my favorite countries of all time, since way way back when the game had not even half as many DLCs).

Traincake

kiwifarms.net
My Mzab third way run is not possible. I'm at 1720 and I have Ottomans, Persia, and Khazak to conquer still. Disappointing but it's because I didn't pick the right ideas. I'll try again as Oman (one of my favorite countries of all time, since way way back when the game had not even half as many DLCs).
Is this what you do with all of that non-existent ad revenue Null? Fritter it away on Paradox?

Then again, considering this site, I suppose it's a nice relaxing sort of thing to rot your mind to.

Gun Safety

The sorrows of death encompassed me
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played EU4 since before Rule Britannia came out and haven't bought any of the DLCs, is the game still a buggy mess? I heard recent patches made it almost unplayable. Also are any of the DLCs besides Rule Britannia worth getting on sale?