Paradox Studio Thread

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Favorite Paradox Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
My Mzab third way run is not possible. I'm at 1720 and I have Ottomans, Persia, and Khazak to conquer still. Disappointing but it's because I didn't pick the right ideas. I'll try again as Oman (one of my favorite countries of all time, since way way back when the game had not even half as many DLCs).
you have 100 year to do it and you should be flush with scroll and bird mana.

can you upload your safe game so others can try it?

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
EgNaTnoX0AI733E.png

Agreed, I also like this change in the launcher
View attachment 2751369

This change also applies if you don't use the patch. Very helpful.

JJLiautaud

The Sandwich Guy
kiwifarms.net
EgNaTnoX0AI733E.png

This change also applies if you don't use the patch. Very helpful.
Lord have mercy on us. Does anyone have any warcrimes mods for HOI IV? I'm sick and tired of playing this ultra sanitized version of war, that has as much bearing on reality as a teletubbies episode. I know this makes me sound like a complete edge lord and I apologize.

Last edited:

Megatardingo

Le lava cola u mad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lord have mercy on us. Does anyone have any warcrimes mods for HOI IV? I'm sick and tired of playing this ultra sanitized version of war, that has as much bearing on reality as a teletubbies episode. I know this makes me sound like a complete edge lord and I apologize.
I wish I could sterilize enemy players and send them to concentration camps IRL for having cringe reinforce meme moments or not letting me blitzkrieg norway. Paradox get your shit together.

Marshal Mannerheim

Koti, uskonto, ja isänmaa.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Try playing CK2. You can forcibly convert people, Deus Vult (or Allahu Akbar, if you prefer) your way across the world, carry out genocide, expel the Jews, rape women, castrate and blind people, murder kids, sacrifice people to the god of your choosing, destroy Mecca and turn it into pasture land, and generally do stuff that would make Radovan Karadzic blush.

JJLiautaud

The Sandwich Guy
kiwifarms.net
Try playing CK2. You can forcibly convert people, Deus Vult (or Allahu Akbar, if you prefer) your way across the world, carry out genocide, expel the Jews, rape women, castrate and blind people, murder kids, sacrifice people to the god of your choosing, destroy Mecca and turn it into pasture land, and generally do stuff that would make Radovan Karadzic blush.
Yeah i have like 5000+ hours in CK2 across all versions im bitching mainly because its so hard to get my hoi iv number up pass 1000+
Edit: also its less a desire to do horrific shit and more of a rebellion against the antiseptic unreality of how ww2 is portrayed in hoi iv how POWs are completely ignored and how the civilian population is just a number that doesnt matter

Last edited:

StarDreamer2002

kiwifarms.net
I know them and have thousands of playing hours. My favourite list:
1) Hearts of Iron
2) Europa Universalis
3) Imperator Rome
4) Victoria
5) Crusader Kings
6) Stellaris
7) Cities Skylines

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
I haven't played EU4 since before Rule Britannia came out and haven't bought any of the DLCs, is the game still a buggy mess? I heard recent patches made it almost unplayable. Also are any of the DLCs besides Rule Britannia worth getting on sale?
Oh the most recent updates have completely fucked the game. You have to roll the game back several updates to get it work well. Patch 1.30.6 was the last truly stable patch to roll back to before the game was FUBAR.

Radola Gajda

Legionář, Lion of Siberia
kiwifarms.net
Oh the most recent updates have completely fucked the game. You have to roll the game back several updates to get it work well. Patch 1.30.6 was the last truly stable patch to roll back to before the game was FUBAR.
It is not only stability but also that game from day one run So sloooow in 1.31
EU4 games already take forever in 1.30.
Another problem with EU4 is that it is bloated.
And thats what is missing in CK3 flavour and options.

When you think about it most of PDX games have warcrimes/crimes against humanity.
EU4 : Attack natives, religious and cultural conversion, expeling minorities, hordes razing everything....
Stellaris : xenos can be consumed, exterminated, worked to death, turned into mindless slaves ...
And you can destroy entire planets, solar systems and even blow entire Galaxy.

Honka Honka Burning Love

I am the Clownvis..Honk Honk Ba Donk.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stellaris : xenos can be consumed, exterminated, worked to death, turned into mindless slaves ...
There are few things greater in life than subjecting a fallen empire who was bitching at you for colonizing a world they thought was holy, making them your slaves..and then forcing them to strip mine that holy world of all it's resources.

Edit : Also in the new Aquatics DLC.. WaterNiggers can get a new Super-weapon that floods planets.

Out of curiosity, how would you represent the Holocaust in HOI4 if you were a designer?
I've thought about that, because I think games should just represent history as it is (I cannot wrap my head around people who play them but get upset about stuff like that or slavery being present), and the Holocaust seems like a pure negative unless you assume it was real, just like the Great Purges in HOI4 required, before the expansion, assuming the fake Trotskyite conspiracy was real to give the player a reason to do it. (Now you do the purges so that you can control who gets purged instead of it happening unpredictably).

It seems to me that, since this is the Nazi Party and Jews are pretty well known for their subterfuge, it would make sense for a game to model it as some sort of nasty espionage penalties unless you repress, and maybe some political power gain (like, because the government is doing what the Nazis want, they get more unified), but at the expense of production since you have to maintain these concentration camps. And then, especially if the start date is pushed back, the Germans have interesting issues like paying the Jews to deport themselves, the Madagascar Plan, the disinterest of Mussolini in anti-Semitism, Franco actively smuggling Jews out, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, the Sitka proposal. Having a sort of Holocaust subgame to the main game would be an interesting problem, map-painters would ignore it but role-players would care. Add on a Jewish Autonomous Oblast (of all things, i don't think the new expansion has that?) and a Yiddish ethnostate in Germany releasable by Allies.

Would also be fun to have Jewish Madagascar, Israel, an independent Jewish Autonomous Oblast, an independent Sitka Federal District, and Yiddishland coexisting at the same time for the lolsorandom crowd.

Last edited:
The best part of CK2, which naturally they removed from CK3, is playing a horde and razing everything.
I played some After the End (fan mod set in a Canticle for Leibowitz-style post-apocalyptic America) and it's nice to play the Grangelanders (cowboy nomad horde) and burn literally everything, destroy civilization entirely. Bronze Age Collapse Boogaloo.

CK2 never did hordes that well, though, in how it portrayed them as these homogeneous blobs that exist up until they don't. They should have given them a system where they could integrate in some of the people they conquer, be ethnically and religiously heterogeneous and grow through absorption.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
I'm a little bit intrigued by EU4 but I really dislike the whole blobbing out aspect and without the funny events and courtship and stuff, I'm not sure I can stomach more than one playthrouth of 'playing tall' while watching the AI sperg out which is my favourite thing in ck2. Recently, I was told about a total conversion mode for eu4 called anbennar or something like that, that transposes the game into a tolkienesque heroic fantasy setting and it looks really cool but I'm really not sure. Did anyone try it? Is it good enough to buy eu4 wnd the 5 or 6 dlcs required to play it?
If you like the idea of EU4 but are turned off by some elements, then EU3 might be worth a try. Mechanics are quite different and playing tall is more viable as a result. Downside is that the base game doesn't share the sheer amount of extra features and flavor content that EU4 has accumulated over the years.

I'd recommend demoing 3 one way or the other and finding out if you like it. If you do, you can download the MEIOU mod which adds way more content.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Out of curiosity, how would you represent the Holocaust in HOI4 if you were a designer?
Reset the MEFO bills, just like taking austria... no man power loss since that didnt happened, jews in the army were allowed to stay.

the new dlc is meh... id rather play stellaris and fuck over some people as a dolphin...
also the most seaworld race is not aquatic....