Parents Learn Scooby Snacks are for Dogs -

Dysnomia

Absolutely AFABulous
kiwifarms.net
The thing is though it's sitting right next to bags of chips and cereal which are also plastered with cartoon animals. Obviously if you take a good look at it you clearly see it's dog food. But this bag really doesn't look out of place next to a box of Count Chocula. I can see someone not paying attention and thinking it's some kind of graham cookie.

I'm not defending the morons who fed it to their kids. But I can see the mistake for what it is.
I'd laugh at how stupid they were. But I nearly bought dog treats recently as well. They were the kind that look just like cookies. And they were mixed in with packages of cookies. It happens. Plus a lot of kids seem to like dog biscuits. I'm sure the kids are fine.

heathercho

Don't underestimate Razor-Blade Remi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're not even meat.

Wheat Flour, Margarine, Sugar, Vitamins & Minerals, Carob, Rolled Oats, M.ilk Solids, Salt, Wholegrain Flaxeed, Egg, Glycerine, Wheat Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate, Natural Flavour.
They're literally people food. Though this is NZ, everyone there is :autism:, after all, they are Kiwis.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
why dont they just make some that's safe for humans and dogs?
I'm pretty sure they do. I see a lot of ice cream places offering dog sundaes, it's ice cream with dog biscuits.

If you care so much about what your dogs or children eat you can just make your own dog or kid food. If it's ambiguous if your store bought snack is for dogs or for children that's probably a good sign you shouldn't buy it.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
I hear that whilst not tasty, dog food is edible.

I've seen it recommended that you take dog food with you in your car if you're likely to be stranded- it'll keep you alive, but it tastes bad enough that you won't eat it when you're not desperate/stranded, like you might with jerky.

R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
I hear that whilst not tasty, dog food is edible.

I've seen it recommended that you take dog food with you in your car if you're likely to be stranded- it'll keep you alive, but it tastes bad enough that you won't eat it when you're not desperate/stranded, like you might with jerky.
Whoever gave that advice was pulling legs. I imagine dog and cat food is high in protein because they're supposed to be carnivorous. Protein requires a lot of water to digest which isn't ideal in scenarios where you're stranded without a fresh water source. There are survival rations for humans that are highly caloric and basically bricks of carbs that won't dehydrate you.

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WAITING FOR MORE 2HUS
kiwifarms.net
Whoever gave that advice was pulling legs. I imagine dog and cat food is high in protein because they're supposed to be carnivorous. Protein requires a lot of water to digest which isn't ideal in scenarios where you're stranded without a fresh water source. There are survival rations for humans that are highly caloric and basically bricks of carbs that won't dehydrate you.
To be fair that does sound right, I don't really remember the article mentioning water.

I doubt anyone would have seriously followed the advice though...

• Agree
Reactions: RI 360
R

RI 360

kiwifarms.net
To be fair that does sound right, I don't really remember the article mentioning water.

I doubt anyone would have seriously followed the advice though...
It sounds like the person is morbidly obese with a crippling food addiction if they can't let jerky sit unmolested in their car and rationalized that was a viable solution.

TowinKarz

Is it Morning Yet?
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if it was true, but they say the military developed a small chocolate-bar like food they could slip into survival kits that intentionally was unsweetened/bitter (like baking chocolate) so you wouldn't be tempted to eat it unless you really had to... when it comes to "trapped in your car" survival rations, water is ten times more important. You can survive weeks without food, likely until someone finds you, without water, you're dead in days and you can't drink the water from your radiator, the antifreeze in it is toxic.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: unfer and Sable

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Why would you give anything to your kid before actually checking out what it is?

Though putting it next to chips, instead of next to other dog food, was not a smart move. On the other hand, my father always tried the dog food, and had a taste for it. His hair is still very shiny.

Most of it stinks like hell, though and I would never mistake it for people food.

I only tried the super expensive "cheese and bacon" one that tastes exactly like that. Just less fatty acids. Yes, the dogs eat better and more expensive food than I do.

• Horrifying
Reactions: RI 360

Echo_Ender

Doggo
kiwifarms.net
I can see the company's Customer Service reps having to mute their phones so angry moms can't hear them laughing their asses off.

Then they have to try and apologize without snickering.

Little Timmy isn't gonna die from eating what's basically an unflavored wheat cookie.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino