Pastadome - A place for friends who are being too friendly in other threads.

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

Syaoran Li

Manager of the Goth IHOP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least when China oppresses someone they just go ahead and do it, your country goes through loops to get private businesses to do it instead and your countrymen eat it all up because they're autistic tards who think the economy works like their video games.

Try harder, commie faggot.

Also, try not to drown when the floodwaters reach your house

Observerer

Talking to me is like clapping with one hand
kiwifarms.net
I'm done sperging out in the Thunderdome.

Dealing with retarded baizuo commies is a waste of time
So basically I have a delicious tomato sauce that I like using for pasta (which my Italian grandpa taught me). Buy some cherry tomatoes (or canned ones that have already been mashed) and mash them. Take some diced garlic and onion and gently fry them in some olive oil and then add the mashed cherry tomatoes. Then add balsamico sauce, some red wine of your choosing, salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar to remove the acidic flavour of the tomatoes. Let this sauce simmer for hours before serving it with some parmigiano cheese and the pasta you want.

Last edited:

Bender

I am not a threat. I'm an idiot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So basically I have a delicious tomato sauce that I like using for pasta (which my Italian grandpa taught me). Buy some cherry tomatoes (or canned ones that have already been mashed) and mash them. Take some diced garlic and onion and gently fry them in some olive oil and then add the mashed cherry tomatoes. Then add balsamico sauce, some red wine if your choosing, salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar to remove the acidic flavour of the tomatoes. Let this sauce simmer for hours before serving it with some parmigiano cheese and the pasta you want.
I've never considered balsamic vinegar, sugar or red wine before, this has opened new avenues to me.

Two quick questions, when you say "serve it with some parmigiano cheese" do you mean grate some on top? Also how many hours should it be left to simmer, this sounds rich and flavourful and I'd hate to overcook it.

Observerer

kiwifarms.net
I've never considered balsamic vinegar, sugar or red wine before, this has opened new avenues to me.

Two quick questions, when you say "serve it with some parmigiano cheese" do you mean grate some on top? Also how many hours should it be left to simmer, this sounds rich and flavourful and I'd hate to overcook it.
Grate it on top. The good thing about this sauce is that you can let it simmer as long as you like, personally i like it the best after 2-3 hours but before is fine. If it gets too thick just add some water and let it simmer more.

Bender

I am not a threat. I'm an idiot.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grate it on top. The good thing about this sauce is that you can let it simmer as long as you like, personally i like it the best after 2-3 hours but before is fine. If it gets too thick just add some water and let it simmer more.
Which kind of pasta best works with it? Since it's a thick sauce I'm thinking tagliatelle if it's just the sauce, or maybe farfalle with some extra ingredients like ham or mushroom.

Observerer

kiwifarms.net
Which kind of pasta best works with it? Since it's a thick sauce I'm thinking tagliatelle if it's just the sauce, or maybe farfalle with some extra ingredients like ham or mushroom.
Ham works nicely, personally I enjoy using some parma ham, I have never tried it with mushroom, but it is probably good too. Bacon works suprisingly well. Both tagliatelle and farfalle work nicely but personally I enjoy using penne with just the sauce.

The Sauce Boss

merry crimiss, pogchamp!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So basically I have a delicious tomato sauce that I like using for pasta (which my Italian grandpa taught me). Buy some cherry tomatoes (or canned ones that have already been mashed) and mash them. Take some diced garlic and onion and gently fry them in some olive oil and then add the mashed cherry tomatoes. Then add balsamico sauce, some red wine if your choosing, salt, pepper and a little bit of sugar to remove the acidic flavour of the tomatoes. Let this sauce simmer for hours before serving it with some parmigiano cheese and the pasta you want.

That sounds fucking delicious

Would cutting the sugar out damage the recipe too much? I prefer my red sauces to be a bit tangier but idk exactly how much sugar is 'a little bit' to you.

The Sauce Boss

merry crimiss, pogchamp!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It works without sugar, it just tastes a little more sour. Definetly possible though.

Awesome. I've been thinking of trying to pair something with some Muscadine wine that I bought, but muscadines are extremely sweet and the wine has a fruity flavor, so I don't want to cook something that already has a sugary base.

Observerer

kiwifarms.net
Awesome. I've been thinking of trying to pair something with some Muscadine wine that I bought, but muscadines are extremely sweet and the wine has a fruity flavor, so I don't want to cook something that already has a sugary base.
In that case the wine will probably work just fine as a sugar substitute :). It is my favorite dish and I cannot recommend it enough.