PBS' Arthur Makes Mr Ratburn Sucking Cock Canon - WOW SO PROGESSIVE

thenakedhomeless

Thoticus Maximus of the Roman Imperial Legion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://www.pride.com/geek/2019/5/13/arthurs-teacher-mr-ratburn-gay-finally-got-married

Queer representation in children's animation has been getting better and better as the years go by, and while it's nice to see so many new, inclusive titles premiering on so many networks, we wish some of our old-school faves would also introduce queer characters as well. Well it looks like Arthur might have just heard our prayers...

The long-running PBS Kids series (which has been airing since 1996) just confirmed that Mr. Nigel Ratburn, Arthur Read's cake-loving, third-grade, Lakewood Elementary School teacher, is queer!

In the new episode "Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone," viewers finally get to see Mr. Ratburn marry his husband! And it's literally the cutest thing ever!!

While current Arthur viewers are probably a little too young for Twitter, when O.G. fans who grew up with Arthur in the '90s & '00s found out about Mr. Ratburn's new husband, they (righfully) freaked out!
The blue checkmarks be throwing in their opinions too! thanks, @Shway

Last edited:

Pina Colada

Headmistress of the School of Hard Knockers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have to say that I’m not surprised, given the way Ratburn speaks has made me think he was never really straight to begin with.
tumblr_inline_orov2uPpyI1rvydwz_1280.png
Props to Arthur for handling it in a good way (which it notably has for mature themes) and not making a huge deal out of it. It makes me think back to the Postcards from Buster episode with the two moms (which never mentioned the obvious, yet still got shitcanned).

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
I can't think of anything I give less of a fuck about, aside from the fact that this show is still running.
I watched this when I was kid...and they're still making new episodes?!
They're as much of dead show as the Simpsons, which like the Simpsons, got its animation budget cut where it transitioned from traditional digital ink paint animation to an absolutely ugly flash style (though the Simspons transitioned to ToonBoom, I think.).

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino