PBS' Arthur Makes Mr Ratburn Sucking Cock Canon - WOW SO PROGESSIVE

Poiseon

I am literal poison.
kiwifarms.net
Will they skip that episode in the UK? They censored a scene with lesbian undertones in Steven Universe after all.
Can't show all the muslim kiddies that faggots exist without burying them to their necks and lobbing rocks at them.

HIT HIM IN THE TEMPLE, ARTHUR!

Arachnophile

"Ahuhuhuhu~"
kiwifarms.net
How have Arthurs's ratings been lately? Because ordinarily I would say this is gay-baiting, especially given the target audience of this show and the no doubt slew of articles from the usual suspects that will read way too into this.

But if it's just a typical sitcom episode teaching kids about the ups and downs of relationships, and the sexes of both parties is irrelevant? I really hope it's genuine and not gay-baiting but I tend to err on the side of cynicism these days...

NielBreenLover96

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, gotta say, much as I hate the idea of faggots breathing MY goddamn air, this doesn't seem so bad. Who the fuck even watches Arthur anymore. If anything this is just a dumb stunt to regain relevancy after decades of nobody giving a shit about Arthur. Like, I can think of worse characters to "ruin" than the fucking teacher from Arthur.

If anything this seems like a step back from the usual agenda shit. Surprised it wasn't Binky.

Also there's a 2 in the LGBBQ thing now? What the fuck does that even stand for?
So is this basically a "Zombie Simpsons" type of deal?
Where fans basically agree that after Season [X] of a long running show, episodes that air after that don't count as canon?

I'm all for that. In fact, I'm going to erase the fact that I know Arthur ran past 2006 from my brain entirely.

POSTCARDS FROM BUSTER WAS TOP TIER KINO

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
The big difference between Arthur and Avengers: Endgame is that Avengers: Endgame is designed to make a lot of money in China so they can only be ambiguous at best about gay characters.

I'm not even sure whether Arthur is shown in China at all. Professor Google was inconclusive on the matter. This episode certainly won't be.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
This old piece of now flash shit is still running? And it has an adult fanbase? Then again I shouldn't be surprised since far worse things are still on the air after almost 20 years (or more in the case of The Simpsons) and others are being forcefully brought back. Out of curiosity, is it true that they're making a gamergate episode too? If so, these episodes could be a sign of rather cringy things to come.

Also it's weirding me out how the majority on Twitter celebrating this aren't even gays, just grown-ass straight soyfaced adults in their 30s who are "still big fans", and the minority arent that gay either, just troons who are now asking for "non-cis" reps too.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What pisses me off is that we all kind of knew this, it was unnecessary for it to be said. It's so on the nose that the act of labeling it divorces the show from some of its magic.
these sorts of distinctions were never important to us as children, when we watched this show and enjoyed it. We didn't need to put a name on it and we just enjoyed his character for what it was.

Don't gay people (or any group deemed marginalized) ever get offended by this sort of unnecessary retcon bullshit? I swear, between this and Rowling... How is forced tokenism a victory for queer representation?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino