PBS' Arthur Makes Mr Ratburn Sucking Cock Canon - WOW SO PROGESSIVE

Trilby

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Arthur's actually the longest running children's cartoon in the U.S., and the second longest running U.S. cartoon period (you can guess what the longest running is).

Frankly, I'm just as amazed as you. It's like they just forgot to cancel it and it just kept going and going.
Still at the end of the day, nothing will ever top Japan's Sazae-san!

Seriously, this show hasn't changed in 50 years! Nothing could ever be Sazae-san!

Last edited:

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
kiwifarms.net
What pisses me off is that we all kind of knew this, it was unnecessary for it to be said. It's so on the nose that the act of labeling it divorces the show from some of its magic.
these sorts of distinctions were never important to us as children, when we watched this show and enjoyed it. We didn't need to put a name on it and we just enjoyed his character for what it was.

Don't gay people (or any group deemed marginalized) ever get offended by this sort of unnecessary retcon bullshit? I swear, between this and Rowling... How is forced tokenism a victory for queer representation?
I don't watch Arthur because I'm not ten years old. How were we supposed to know?

If it was just the character grooming himself a lot or talking funny, rather than being seen around town with other men under his arm, I'm going to bitch about it. This comes off as conditioning in the literal definition of the word, teaching kids that if someone has certain innocuous traits then they have to be a certain way. Like, what are you doing to the little boy who identifies with something Ratburn does in the show? Are you encouraging him to be gay? Are you teaching his peers to see him as gay, or accuse him of it?

From an outside perspective this comes off as distasteful stereotyping, yet it's being painted as a good thing. It's approved of by the cult of equality and PBS programming is literally funded and produced by the federal government, so nobody's allowed to question whether or not this was a good idea. Never mind the fact that, even if everything I've just assumed is all wrong, it's still just a bunch of people in show business jerking themselves off over how progressive they are.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I don't watch Arthur because I'm not ten years old. How were we supposed to know?

If it was just the character grooming himself a lot or talking funny, rather than being seen around town with other men under his arm, I'm going to bitch about it. This comes off as conditioning in the literal definition of the word, teaching kids that if someone has certain innocuous traits then they have to be a certain way. Like, what are you doing to the little boy who identifies with something Ratburn does in the show? Are you encouraging him to be gay? Are you teaching his peers to see him as gay, or accuse him of it?

From an outside perspective this comes off as distasteful stereotyping, yet it's being painted as a good thing. It's approved of by the cult of equality and PBS programming is literally funded and produced by the federal government, so nobody's allowed to question whether or not this was a good idea. Never mind the fact that, even if everything I've just assumed is all wrong, it's still just a bunch of people in show business jerking themselves off over how progressive they are.
This was the first thing I thought. Of course they have to make the character with some stereotypically gay traits gay, and show it on TV to kids. They can't just have him mention his husband/boyfriend either, no, they need to show the full gay wedding. This feels wrong to show to kids, because all it does it tell kids that "hey, if some guy talks funny or has gay interests, he's a fag who's going to be getting gay married down the road." Which seems to go against what Arthur taught kids when I watched endless reruns of it in the 90s.

If they wanted to gay marry a character, why not pick one who doesn't have stereotypically gay traits? It doesn't make sense, it's not even progressive since it feels vaguely homophobic.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst...or ScarJo if you prefer.
kiwifarms.net
He eats ass. We been knew
Also you can kinda tell he's gay by looking at his voice actor

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
Lol if you think that acknowledging that gay people exist is eugenics you might be taking a kid’s show too seriously

Are they also promoting genocide by being an inter”racial” couple?
Degeneracy and mental illness have always existed, that is not the point.
The media pushes homosexuality because the elite are weaponizing it and using it as a form of population control.

Last edited:

Ozul

Please be my friend
kiwifarms.net
I guess I always thought of Ratburn as a weird guy but it never crossed my mind that he was gay..
probably because, oh y'know, I was a kid and kids aren't thinking about sex.

There are a TON more serious topics they could of tackled that would have been more helpful and relatable to children, but I think we can all agree that this was done for asspats.

I wish I could find this episode to watch, I bet there are a lot of lolzy moments.

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
kiwifarms.net
I guess I always thought of Ratburn as a weird guy but it never crossed my mind that he was gay..
probably because, oh y'know, I was a kid and kids aren't thinking about sex.
Exactly. I don't remember sexual references in the cartoons I watched as a kid. That's because everyone knew sexualised material aimed at children was pedo grooming.

In fact one of the signs that kids have been sexually abused is that the make inappropriately sexual comments.

Sexually inappropriate behaviour
– children who have been abused may behave in sexually inappropriate ways or use sexually explicit language.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino