PBS' Arthur Makes Mr Ratburn Sucking Cock Canon - WOW SO PROGESSIVE

Gustav Schuchardt

https://brave.com/kiw706
kiwifarms.net
I guess I always thought of Ratburn as a weird guy but it never crossed my mind that he was gay..
probably because, oh y'know, I was a kid and kids aren't thinking about sex.
Exactly. I don't remember sexual references in the cartoons I watched as a kid. That's because everyone knew sexualised material aimed at children was pedo grooming.

In fact one of the signs that kids have been sexually abused is that the make inappropriately sexual comments.

Sexually inappropriate behaviour
– children who have been abused may behave in sexually inappropriate ways or use sexually explicit language.

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net
Exactly. I don't remember sexual references in the cartoons I watched as a kid. That's because everyone knew sexualised material aimed at children was pedo grooming.

In fact one of the signs that kids have been sexually abused is that the make inappropriately sexual comments.

So showing a married couple is sexual grooming now? How is this grooming any more than showing a straight wedding is? Is the mere existence of gay people some sort of pedo plot?

Gustav Schuchardt

https://brave.com/kiw706
kiwifarms.net
How is this grooming any more than showing a straight wedding is? Is the mere existence of gay people some sort of pedo plot?
Men and women getting married is the norm, at least in the sense that heterosexuality more common than homosexuality. If you show gay couples in kids cartoons it's obviously going to make them start to ask question about how that works. Kids are impressionable and their sexuality is not formed yet. If you raise them in an environment where everyone keeps telling them that being gay is not just OK but actually cool then they're more likely to try it.

It could be worse I guess. At least it's not 'Hey Timmy! I noticed you like playing with dolls! We're going to put you on hormone blockers and prepare you to surgery'.

I think it basically comes do to 'I don't want to be forced by some dumb cartoon to explain to my kids about gay sex'. Or straight sex actually, but the interesting thing is that never seems to come up. Kids know that they and their friends have a Dad and Mum and that if they want to have kids they need a partner of the opposite sex, even if they don't know, and don't want to know, the gory details of how that works.

Telling them "Hey maybe you're not straight. Maybe you're gay or trans or non binary" just seems like a bad idea to me. Leave that shit to when they're adults with a Tumblr. I think there's a real danger of essentially gaslighting girls who are tomboys or boys who are a bit effeminate into thinking they're not straight or not cis. I grew up with a lot of people like that and they all ended up straight. Perhaps the fact that the whole LGBT thing was less prominent then caused that.

There was a study about Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria that implied that some kids decided to become trans because they had friends who were trans, i.e. it's some sort of peer pressure or fashion effect.

The children of the parents surveyed were more than 80 percent female at birth and ranged between 11 and 27 years old at the time of survey, with an average age of 16. Additionally, 47 percent of the children were reported as academically gifted, and 41 percent expressed a non-heterosexual sexual orientation prior to their gender dysphoria symptoms. Most of the parent respondents were female, white and U.S. residents.

In the 90-question survey, Littman asked the parents about each of the eight indicators for gender dysphoria in childhood that are detailed by the American Psychiatric Association. To meet the diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria in childhood, a child needs to experience at least six of the eight indicators. Most include readily observable signs, such as a strong rejection of typically feminine or masculine toys and games, and strong resistance to wearing typically feminine or masculine clothes. Eighty percent of the parents reported observing none of these indicators in their children before puberty.

Among the noteworthy patterns Littman found in the survey data: 21 percent of parents reported their child had one or more friends become transgender-identified at around the same time; 20 percent reported an increase in their child's social media use around the same time as experiencing gender dysphoria symptoms; and 45 percent reported both.

The pattern of clusters of teens in friend groups becoming transgender-identified, the group dynamics of these friend groups and the types of advice viewed online led her to the hypothesis that friends and online sources could spread certain beliefs. Examples include the belief that non-specific symptoms such as feeling uncomfortable in their own skins or feeling like they don't fit in -- which could be a part of normal puberty or associated with trauma -- should be perceived as gender dysphoria; the belief that the only path to happiness is transition; and the belief that anyone who disagrees with the teen is transphobic and should be cut out of their life.
But of course the LGBT lobby attacked it and publications like Buzzfeed and The Guardian ran hit pieces, so we're supposed to ignore it.

Oscar Wildean

OK Corral
kiwifarms.net
Agreed. If anything it's the media that's making it out to be bigger than it is.
I await the day where someone coming out or events like this aren't seen as huge stories but just life.
It seems like all it's doing is casually mentioning it and he's a normal square character. It's not like Ratburn will start going to strip clubs or Pride Parades in the future. I agree though. This doesn't need to be a news story.

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Cheers loves, the A-log cavalry is ‘ere
Anyway. Billy is triggered by teh ghey
http://archive.fo/16THy (archived article, in case he edits it, you'll see why in a bit)
arthur.PNG

arthur2.PNG

arthur3.PNG

:story: he's so horny for Overwatch that he thought someone named Tracy was named Tracer :story:
:story:

anyway, continuing.
arthur4.PNG

arthur5.PNG

arthur6.PNG

arthur7.PNG

arthur8.PNG

arthur9.PNG

arthur10.PNG

(I cut out some of the random tweets of people being happy that he was upset at, but you can still find links to those in the archives.)

Billy is a flat out anti-LGBT bigot evangelical. He didn't come to his conclusion through rationality or critical thinking. He came to the conclusion that Gay is bad because people he didn't like liked the gays. He's a lolcow, in other words.

Reactions: Feline Darkmage

Lissamine Green

kiwifarms.net
There’s a big difference between kids deciding to troon out and two kids of the same gender deciding to hold hands at recess though, I don’t really see the harm in the latter?
Except it used to be kids could "hold hands at recess" without it meaning anything one way or another about their sexuality. When homosexuality is pushed on prepubescent kids it undermines the normal formation of close, same sex friendships which are very emotionally close but very much NOT sexual. Two 8 year old girls who want to snuggle and share lunch don't need propaganda telling them it's ok to be lez, they need to be left alone to be kids who are not lesbians but just good friends. Ditto 8 year old boys. It's really important to psychological development to go through that platonic friend stage, and if it gets sexualized by woke adults, it fucks kids up big time. We are seeing the early fallout from that in the young adults coming into the world right now.

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
Ratburn was always kinda flamboyant, but it never crossed my mind that he was been gay. Maybe it's because I was a kid. Either way, so long as they don't go overboard with it, I'm fine with this.

It is kinda out of the blue, though.

The Pink Panther

The Dumb Squash From Lugash
kiwifarms.net
Here's the episode itself, if anyone is autistic enough to be curious about watching it. I'm certainly not.

A few skims, and holy shit, the flash animation looks fucking ugly...but the HD backgrounds look gorgeous...so it looks awkward. Very awkward.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not all that familiar with Arthur. I know the "fist" meme and how he's an aardvark, and there's a monkey girl and a I think one of them is a bulldog with a massive tumor on his face, and that's about it. I didn't grow up with Arthur, nor did I know who Mr. Ratburn was until I saw this article.

....and looking at him... it's a furry version of John Waters. How is any of this surprising?

Reactions: Uncanny Valley
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino