PC Cases With Character -

Marco Fucko

~~~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anybody know of any modern PC Cases that have a theme to them, beyond minimalism or "gamer" angles? I remember way back in the day my half brother had a PC that looked like an ammo can. It was olive drab and had one of those "emergency only" buttons covered with a plastic trap door as the reset button. The thing screamed late 90s/early 00s, and it was the perfect fit aesthetically for games like Fallout, Red Faction, 7.62, Far Cry 2 and CoD 4.

These days though, a lot of the market looks wrapped up in minimalism or "gamer" angular front panels. Does anybody know about cases that buck this trend? It doesn't have to be military themed, it could be something else like looking like a spaceship, or maybe something weird like a "display case" where all the parts are out in the open.

break these cuffs

W A O
kiwifarms.net
Acrylic cases used to be popular to show off your setup before windows became a big thing because it was easy to make yourself. Performance/modding geared sites like FrozenCPU and Xoxide used to have premade ones. If you want something open and different you can look at testbed/benchmark setups. The coolest modded cases I remember seeing back in the was the invisible PC mod where you'd use a mirror to hide your components and make the case look empty. Some people used optical tricks to make the part where the components were held to look like a fishtank or whatever. Basically anything cool has always been modded or DIY with few exceptions. Here's the mirror setup as I remember it. I have no idea how to even find stuff like this anymore.

invsibible case.png

xr95

pEoPlE aRe DyInG!
kiwifarms.net
Controversial opinion: I do quite like the modern case, if they do cooling well. I recently picked up a ASUS TUF case and it's very spacious in design and cool

Reactions: Marco Fucko

Marco Fucko

~~~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Controversial opinion: I do quite like the modern case, if they do cooling well. I recently picked up a ASUS TUF case and it's very spacious in design and cool
This shit looks like it was designed for a space marine. I approve.

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
I quite like the Fractal Design Define cases, I got the Define R6 without a window for myself. I like computer looking like a monolith that apes would worship.
And damn are new cases user friendly nowadays, you won't even shed blood on everpresent sharp metal edges when putting it together.

Just Some Other Guy

kiwifarms.net
Modern cases have no class. All glass and RGB because thats whats popular.

I've been trying to track down a HAF X case with 0 success. Those old cases were LOUD AND PROUD about being heavy functional beasts.
I'm loving my 900D. Just a large monolith of black. Coldzero.eu has tons of custom parts for it too.

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Barrowch Speed. It's a case made from a car wheel.
Barrowch-Speed-Series-Limited-Wheel-Concept-Case-Water-Cooled-Air-Cooled-Chassis-FBHBS-01.jpg

DeepCool has a few really cool cases. The TriStellar and QuadStellar.
71ZTBtJ61iL._AC_SX355_.jpgDEEPCOOL-Tristellar-MINI-ITX-computer-case-supports-MINI-ITX-motherboard-support-120-water-coo...jpg
Lian-Li has a lot of unique cases. Here's a boat.
57867e81dd0895d70b8b472a.jpeg
If you want your computer to look like a more advanced HyperScan, AeroCool has your back. Meet the StrikeX Air.
3d1900c1_Aerocool_Strike-X_Air_Pic_01.jpeg

Dick Justice

Where have all the cowdogs gone?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you want your computer to look like a more advanced HyperScan, AeroCool has your back. Meet the StrikeX Air.
View attachment 1227359
Not having to open a cramped conventional box case and fuck about with the internals has to be the greatest personal computing invention since hotplugging. Surely they're not the only ones that realized this, right?

E: Obligatory OT contribution
upload.jpg

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole
Tags
None