PC Cases With Character -

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
I have a beige really old style desktop ATX case that's still waiting for the right computer to put in it. They do exist, but not new. You need to look around a bit on eBay.

Reactions: Stasi

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
@The Real SVP That's what I understood. The first time I heard abut this new case with all components it was around 3-400 eurobucks. I checked it out in the meantime, seems it got cheaper. Interesting about this case is that it's done by the same guy who did the original IIRC. It's fine for Amigas, for a heat producing PC though I'm not so sure. Plastic doesn't transfer heat well. Without a high performance (and loud) fan it'd get hot in there pretty quickly for your average modern PC of resonable performance. Dedicated GPU I don't even wanna imagine.

Slav Power

Stachu?
kiwifarms.net
Personally, I prefer big, minimalistic block designs for PC cases, like Fractal Design's Define 7 XL. It's sleek, elegant, neutral, and it does the job. I'd love to get that case, but it costs like a motherfucker.

And as for retro PC cases, the one that AkBKukU found for his MS-DOS PC build truly has some character. It's ridiculously tall, has a massive power switch, and a turbo display. The perfect 80's/90's heavy duty PC case.
screenshot.png

MrSugarcube

Midget horse in a suit
kiwifarms.net
Was mentioned a page earlier, but had the Cooler Master HAF XB Evo for a couple years now, and outside some teething issues I've had, it's a pretty good case.

Reactions: c-no
Tags
None