Peace Talks is going to the Printers - DRESDEN FILES

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
> But the bigger question is has the delay chilled out the fandom?
Hope so. It will give the dangerhairs time to forget and move on to other places.
I reread the series about 8 times by now. I think I have a problem

• Feels
Reactions: Manwithn0n0men

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
> But the bigger question is has the delay chilled out the fandom?
Hope so. It will give the dangerhairs time to forget and move on to other places.
I reread the series about 8 times by now. I think I have a problem
I play a lot of the RPG for the series so i am looking for his new fill in material

• Feels
Reactions: Shoggoth

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
2/3 of the way through, and although I resented the wait I'm so glad he came out with it. Sad though that I'm gonna finish something I'd waited 6 years for in 48 hours

PS if you haven't read the short story anthologies do so before reading Peace Talks there's several callbacks to them (at least read the 3 Bigfoot stories and 2 Molly POV stories in Brief Cases. Jury Duty also explains how Dresden knows a fairly minor character but isn't really important beyond that.)

Acrid Alchemist

kiwifarms.net
2/3 of the way through, and although I resented the wait I'm so glad he came out with it. Sad though that I'm gonna finish something I'd waited 6 years for in 48 hours

PS if you haven't read the short story anthologies do so before reading Peace Talks there's several callbacks to them (at least read the 3 Bigfoot stories and 2 Molly POV stories in Brief Cases. Jury Duty also explains how Dresden knows a fairly minor character but isn't really important beyond that.)
There are callbacks to almost every short story in Brief Cases. Also callbacks to the micro fictions on Butcher's site.

I was not impressed with Peace Talks. It was very painfully half of a book. The Thomas plot felt really weak and everything else was set up for Battle Ground. The titular "peace talks" felt like more of a trip down memory lane for Dresden than an actual meeting of supernatural nation states. I really hope Battle Ground cleans up the mess we were left with.

As an aside since the books are no longer lined up with our timeline did he kill off the guy causing the Curse of the Billy Goat to explain how the Cubs won in 2016?

Tags
None