Peach Users - Tumblr Concentrate

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

treestar official

arm
kiwifarms.net
Hi Kiwifarms! First post!

I'm not sure if there's been a thread about this yet but Peach is a social media app that the mods have abandoned and has been left to rot. For some reason massive amounts of SJWs have flocked to it. And I don't mean your average, every-day Tumblr SJWs. These people think that quite literally everything is racist, most people on there are otherkin, and there are a fuck ton of these guys.

Some users of interest:
Bunnypie
She believes that ANYTHING remotely related to Asian culture is racist, including winged eyeliner for some reason, and dressing up as a ninja for halloween. She also has a knack for harassing little kids and constantly calls herself pretty even though she's like a 5/10.
Peachconfessions
Users are allowed to submit anything to their thiscrush page and as you could imagine it gets out of hand a lot.
noahfosterfanclub
used to be Mettaton-kin, and then kin with someone's OC. They post weird shit a lot.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds interesting, but Peach (www.peach.cool) appears to just be a mobile app. Is there a working browser version? Supposedly www.peachwww.com is the web version of it according to Engadget, but it goes to a fishy looking login page with nothing on it.

edit: Downloaded the app and made an account (@supercollie) and can verify that the www.peachwww.com interface "works" but there appear to be absolutely no tools or ways to search for users there.

edit2: Maybe I'm just exceptional, but I can't figure this app out. I'm having to google "how to search for users on peach" and the results are just BS "peach is a new social platform" articles. No wonder this social network is dead. :lol:

edit3:
Screenshot_20161016-173341.png

Last edited:

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Hi Kiwifarms! First post!

I'm not sure if there's been a thread about this yet but Peach is a social media app that the mods have abandoned and has been left to rot. For some reason massive amounts of SJWs have flocked to it. And I don't mean your average, every-day Tumblr SJWs. These people think that quite literally everything is racist, most people on there are otherkin, and there are a fuck ton of these guys.

They sound like the sort of utter shit people who would be banned from pretty much anywhere else.

glass_houses

not a bumblebee
kiwifarms.net
The database error I mentioned in my post still persists on my phone, even after a reboot. All I did was try and use the "search friends list" option to try and look up people mentioned in the OP.

I guess I broke it?

If the programmers abandoned it, it's possible that it's too old for whatever the OS on your mobile is now. I'd just delete the app if I were you, and live vicariously. Mobile phones are a hell of a lot harder to debug than a computer.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If the programmers abandoned it, it's possible that it's too old for whatever the OS on your mobile is now. I'd just delete the app if I were you, and live vicariously. Mobile phones are a hell of a lot harder to debug than a computer.

You're probably right actually. From what I can tell the most recent update of the Android app for Peach was in March. I know for a fact my phone's OS has had at least one major update since then.

Rust

nah
kiwifarms.net
What a blast from the past, lol. Peach attracted the radical Tumblr crowd a lot easier after Turtleseed tanked due to infighting, drama, and iirc something about the site creator being... Uh... an asshole, or something?

These "Tumblr Alternatives!" popped up out of the ground I'd guess about a year ago, back when Staff were even more incompetent than they are now and when ads were just about to be implemented. People wanted a better Tumblr, and these apps/sites would supposedly provide. Hell, Turtleseed was billed on being "a place where your past doesn't exist". The actual site seems to be down now, though... (or compromised; I got some malware warning trying to log in). Kat/Adele/IDCP also had an account on the site (@sayaka).

... TS was interesting because it had a Twitter-style character limit (less than 140, if I remember right), and your posts were automatically "swept away" after a set amount of time — 4 hours, a day, 3 days, a week. It also had a "communal" dashboard and a "top 10 seeds" board. It was a tiny site, I'd guess only about 100-300 active users.

The problem was that people who flocked to said sites were generally outcasts who'd been ribbed on Tumble.com for being shitty or vicious to other users, and since these newer communities were tinier, any drama they attracted ended up going nuclear, affecting a lot more people than it ever could on a larger website/app. And if you didn't side with X during the drama, that meant you were with Y and therefore the devil.

This is still Peach-related, though, because the exact same thing happened on that app; TS tanked hard, people didn't want to admit defeat, they went to Peach. Peach community was very clique-y and fairly hard to break into, so those same people went to Vent. Vent has survived for now, but there are still hypervigilant, hyper judgemental communities within it.

Maybe a general "Tumblr Away From Tumblr" thread could work to encapsulate stuff like Vent, Peach and whatever new site people flock to. Inkstand was supposed to be in development, but being a Tumblr-ran project, eventually ate it. Apparently IndieGoGo backers are being refunded and it's in development purgatory for now.

Lmao sorry for how long this got but it's interesting seeing how internet communities work, how/why they migrate to other places and how it affects what could have been a great app.

treestar official

arm
kiwifarms.net
Sounds interesting, but Peach (www.peach.cool) appears to just be a mobile app. Is there a working browser version? Supposedly www.peachwww.com is the web version of it according to Engadget, but it goes to a fishy looking login page with nothing on it.

edit: Downloaded the app and made an account (@supercollie) and can verify that the www.peachwww.com interface "works" but there appear to be absolutely no tools or ways to search for users there.

edit2: Maybe I'm just exceptional, but I can't figure this app out. I'm having to google "how to search for users on peach" and the results are just BS "peach is a new social platform" articles. No wonder this social network is dead. :lol:

edit3:
I forgot to mention that. The setup is absolutely awful. You can only add friends directly by username.

Also, to clarify, I guess I meant that the mods completely abandoned it. There's an update every once in a blue moon

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
kiwifarms.net
What a blast from the past, lol. Peach attracted the radical Tumblr crowd a lot easier after Turtleseed tanked due to infighting, drama, and iirc something about the site creator being... Uh... an asshole, or something?
I think it was something they were claiming where the mods didn't punish one of the users for saying a transphobic slur/something equally non PC but punished one of the tumblrites for saying "down with cis" or something, so the kind of people that'd use it turned against it really quickly