Culture People are offended that Miley Cyrus called virginity a ‘social construct’ -

thotfull or thoughtful?

• thoughtful

• THOT

Results are only viewable after voting.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I cringe when I hear this as a ‘feminist’ message. Third wave feminism, with its ‘sex work is empowering!’ shit has done so much damage. The positive idea that women shouldn’t be ashamed of normal sexual desire, or that women shouldn’t be seen as Madonna/whore objects whose only worth was purity has been twisted so badly that it’s ended up harming women. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying sex but the idea of moderation, healthy boundaries and respect seems to have gone out the window.
The worst part is the hypocrisy.

They're "sex positive" when it comes to women slutting it up and spreading aids but then wage a Jihad on male sexual fantasies.

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net

They're "sex positive" when it comes to women slutting it up and spreading aids but then wage a Jihad on male sexual fantasies.
They need a trip to the middle east. Let Celeb Jihad have fun with them with their Massive Muslim Scud Missiles lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: ShittyRecolor
I don't understand the "so and so is a social construct, ergo we need to get rid of it." Do these fuckaroos expect to benefit from pulling all the threads out of society?
I think you're filling in the second part yourself.

Society is a social construct. That doesn't make it not real, it just means we collectively are the ones who make it. It means it's not externally imposed.

Any status granted by virginity is also purely social.

That's all it means to accept something is a 'social construct'.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net

Society is a social construct. That doesn't make it not real, it just means we collectively are the ones who make it. It means it's not externally imposed.

I think you're deleting the second part yourself because you're not a screeching leftist.

Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, but Biology and Environment have always imposed rules onto societies, making them unable to engage in certain activities (at least until modern era technology, central heating, and medicine came along, nerfing much of what Nature used to kill us with.) Climate, geography, STIs, and the different roles that men and women play in the reproductive process - all have a say in making the Rules. Even if we solve all of life's problems, create a society of perfect equality where everybody is happy, and totally make Nature our bitch, it won't last if the resulting society has a less than replacement birthrate and/or a huge drive to import foreigners with vastly different sets of values from the homeland.

• Agree
Reactions: Male Idiot
OK so I read what she said again. She said exactly "Virginity is a social construct".

She didn't say "Therefore it is meaningless" or "Therefore virgins are lame"
She didn't say "BTFO conservatives!"

You guys are projecting so hard over 9000 meme. I mean, she says plenty of other out there stuff, why argue with something she didn't say?

Here, I'll try to meet you halfway. Humans wouldn't be the species we are without all our social constructs. Those constructs, all together, define society. But WE make them, and we do change them over time, because we didn't get everything completely right on the first try.

It's like someone you don't like said "The sky is blue" and you're like "Yeah, just because the sky is blue doesn't mean I suck!". Nobody said it did.

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
She didn't say "Therefore it is meaningless"
Implying it's meaningless, and therefore girls don't need to feel guilty for not having it.
If you think she said it for any other reason, you are exceptional.

It isn't any more a social construct than math. It's a word for saying whether or not you've had sex. It is mostly meaningless, but you can still tell how close someone is from their virginity. A slut and an incel are easy to spot is what I'm saying. And a slut is a terrible person to get into a relationship with. So it's not completely meaningless.

Implying it's meaningless, and therefore girls don't need to feel guilty for not having it.
If you think she said it for any other reason, you are exceptional.

It isn't any more a social construct than math. It's a word for saying whether or not you've had sex. It is mostly meaningless, but you can still tell how close someone is from their virginity. A slut and an incel are easy to spot is what I'm saying. And a slut is a terrible person to get into a relationship with. So it's not completely meaningless.
Lol so virginity is real for girls, because otherwise they're sluts.

Yeah that's the social construct you dunce, if it we're just talking about the binary "sex had Y/N" you wouldn't have immediately made it about "sluts" and "feeling bad".

Autocrat

Xenofascist
kiwifarms.net
Lol so virginity is real for girls, because otherwise they're sluts.

Yeah that's the social construct you dunce, if it we're just talking about the binary "sex had Y/N" you wouldn't have immediately made it about "sluts" and "feeling bad".
Why are you putting words in my mouth?
It is a Y/N binary, that I'd say has a grey area in the form of oral.
I'll just quote myself:
It is mostly meaningless, but you can still tell how close someone is from their virginity
That was my point. Normal people are not virgins, while they are also not fucking everyone all of the time.

Anyway, the main thing is she clearly said it to imply that virginity is meaningless. This is a reaction to slut shaming.
That's a big part about her message. You're a moron for denying it.

• Agree
Reactions: Freedom Fries

redcent

Well colour me triggered
kiwifarms.net

Since when?

Do men get slut shamed and threatened with rape for daring to have a sexuality?

I think virginity does have importance. But then idiots throw it away; you can be a virginal flower of a saint but all you need is a mass of incels calling you a slut for having the incorrect blouse on and you're magically a liberal hypergamous whore who deserves to be raped. What';s the point then, in telling anyone they're supposed to be virgin if you're just going to say AWALT and treat someone like shit because of something they've never done?

Whether someone is a virgin is no-one elses business but your own, and maybe your doctor and/or pastor/imam/whatever. It has to be now, because people are acting like spergs about it

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
"Others said they felt the posts attacked religious beliefs."

Good. Religions of all stripes are shit, and should be attacked viciously and with no mercy until they cease to exist. It's one thing to have spiritual beliefs, but having a religion means you're not thinking with your own brains, and that's something that's got to go.

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
Do men get slut shamed and threatened with rape for daring to have a sexuality?
You're talking about the people who are "sex positive" and other buzzwords here. Insane people, ivory tower dwellers, and hollywierd types not normal people. Yes, these people do go nuts about men being straight, liking penetrating people, and hitting on people. No, it isn't representative of the general population as much as a large segment of popculture seems to want it to be. You're thick if you don't see that.

Whether someone is a virgin is no-one elses business but your own, and maybe your doctor and/or pastor/imam/whatever.
Why is it anyone's business if I or anybody else prefer a partner with x amount of sexual partners and have what I think are good reasons for that? To put it in their terms, they're "yucking my yum" here. Very disrespectful

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino