People Who Look Funny Megathread - stop staring at meeee

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mod edit: This was originally an OP about the person featured below that had never made it out of Proving Grounds. This thread is now a general thread for people who look funny or stupid. Post in this thread instead of making an OP if all you have is funny pictures of someone and little content.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jacobtobia/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-gender-nonconformity

Dear Parents of America or Anywhere Else: As a gender-nonconforming person, I get a lot of attention — both wanted and unwanted — anytime I walk around in public.

It ranges from people laughing at me, verbally assaulting me, or taking my picture without my consent, to people stopping me mid-strut to exclaim “Oh my god, I love your outfit,” or inquiring “WHERE is that lipstick from?‽”

But one type of attention stands out above the rest: the attention of confused children. I first started noticing it when I moved to New York City at the age of 22.

Children would see me on the subway sporting my beard and lipstick and wouldn’t quite know how to react. They’d wear their confusion, marvel, or pleasant surprise at my gender expression blatantly on their sleeves. Children are anything but subtle about their interest when it is piqued.

I was reminded of this attention again the other weekend, when I traveled from Los Angeles to Florida for a queer conference at the Orlando Hilton resort.
Half of the hotel was filled with queers trying to learn how to better serve trans youth; the other half was filled with nuclear families who’d come to Orlando to meet Minnie and Elsa and Goofy at Disney World. It made for an interesting combination.

After my keynote speech, sporting a bold purple lip, swim trunks, and a bathrobe, I made my way to the hotel’s lazy river. That’s when I noticed the familiar eyes following me; the kids were back at it, blatantly staring at me to their heart’s content.

They’d never seen someone like me back home in Michigan or Spokane or Wichita. Some kids gawked quietly, others startled in fright, still others giggled in a curious, empathetic way.

But the most common reaction was that your children, upon noticing my gender expression, turned to you and exclaimed something like, “Mommy, that boy is wearing lipstick!” or “Look, Dad! Look at what he’s wearing!”

After your kids called your attention to my gender expression, you all did pretty much the same thing. You looked my way, made eye contact with me, became swiftly embarrassed yourselves, and told your kids that “It’s not nice to talk about strangers.”
Your kids, upon seeing your embarrassment at the situation, turned away, became embarrassed *themselves*, and, after a few minutes’ recovery from the shame of it all, resumed splashing around in the pool. This interaction played out dozens of times over the course of my weekend in Orlando.

Parents, I’ve decided that we need to have a little chat, because you can do better than that. You have to do better. You owe it to me, to the trans community, and to your kids’ emotional development to do better.

It starts with admitting that, while it may have seemed that the interaction was only about teaching your children not to talk about strangers, there was something much more fundamental at stake.

In reality, when your child turned to you and said “Look, that boy is wearing lipstick!” what they were really doing was asking a question.

Beneath every observation of difference is an implied question about whether or not that difference is acceptable. So when your child commented on the fact that they saw a boy wearing lipstick, what they were really asking was, “Mom/Dad/Parental Unit, is it okay for boys to wear lipstick? Is what that person’s doing acceptable?”

When you turned to your child and awkwardly said “It’s not nice to talk about strangers,” you not only didn’t answer their question, you effectively shut down what could’ve been a productive and affirming conversation.
You took a moment when your child could’ve learned an important lesson about how to respect the broad diversity of gender expression, and reduced it to a tangential and less important lesson about manners in public. Furthermore, by demonstrating your own discomfort with the situation, you made your kids uncomfortable too — inadvertently furthering the culture of stigma and discomfort that surrounds gender-nonconforming people.

Parents of the world, I’d like to suggest a better paradigm for handling this situation when it inevitably arises again. The next time your child turns to you and says, “Look! That boy is wearing lipstick!” or “That girl is wearing a bowtie!” don’t shut down the conversation by telling them not to talk about strangers.

Instead, try answering the question that they’re really asking; try talking to them about the beautiful diversity of gender expression in our world.

I promise it’s not that hard. You could say “Yes, Johnny, sometimes boys do wear lipstick and that is perfectly okay. You can wear lipstick too if you want!” Or you could say, “Why yes, Sarah, she is wearing a bowtie. Girls and boys can both wear bowties. Would you like one?”
Or, if your child is a savant, you could even say “Yes, Tabitha. While we are often presented with the myopic notion that gender is biological in nature, it’s actually a socially constructed, performative/discursive system that creates hegemonic power within society and varies across cultures, time, and anthropological space. You’ll learn all about that when you go to college on a full scholarship, become a gender studies major, and read Judith Butler and Michel Foucault en route to writing your thesis!”

And for the love of god, no matter what response you choose, please don’t be awkward about it.

Children can smell parental discomfort from a million miles away. If you show your children that you’re uncomfortable when confronted with a gender-nonconforming person like me, then your children will learn to mirror that behavior. And that’s not okay.

Just be cool, alright? Is that really so much to ask?
Any one of these responses (particularly the last one) not only answers the question that your child is really asking you, it also teaches your child, early on, to respect the natural diversity of gender in our world. Equally importantly, it opens up new possibilities for your child to lovingly explore their own gender identity in years to come.

So, parents, while it may be rude to talk about strangers, I’m gonna go ahead and give your kids a pass. I am fine with your children talking about me in public, as long as you’re willing to talk about me in public too.

The next time you see me standing on the subway in a pair of heels or strutting poolside in a purple lip and your child says something about it, I give you full permission to use me as a teaching opportunity.

Feel free to talk about me all you want. Feel free to tell your kids all about the beautiful rainbow of gender that is this world. Feel free to tell them that they can be whoever they want to be and express their gender in whatever way makes them happiest. You have my enthusiastic consent, my affirmative permission, to do so.

P.S. If you do feel guilty using my existence as a teachable moment about gender, I will accept compensation in the form of day passes to Disney World. I never got to ride Space Mountain as a kid, so.
https://twitter.com/jacobtobia?lang=en
https://www.instagram.com/jacobtobia/?hl=en
https://www.facebook.com/JacobTobia/

CIRO4DjUwAQlm0_.jpg CTo6GtEWoAAd5Z5.jpg CEVIXC7UkAEn5KC.jpg CVvgR7lUYAA3muY.jpg DB-sDdUW0AA8D7t.jpg DB7AtxiXoAInghO.jpg DBu9i2sWAAILvrG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
> person goes out of his way to be "non-conforming"

> bitches about people noticing him as an exception to the rule

Every single time. Specials, troon or otherwise, always want to "stand out" without standing out. Or so they claim. Isn't it more likely they define themselves by opposition to norms and actually enjoy inviting more "abuse" because it proves how special they are?

Of course there's the added benefit of proving what a poor, oppressed victim of the unwoke you are.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Children have not yet been browbeaten into society into not saying what they are thinking. Every adult this idiot encounters is thinking the exact same things, they have just become adept at not verbalizing it because our crazy society would unleash a social media lynch mob to silence the thought criminal. Children are under no such compulsion.

Emperor has no clothes: Troon edition.

Maiden-TieJuan

Your roving Californialand reporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
https://www.buzzfeed.com/jacobtobia/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-gender-nonconformity

Dear Parents of America or Anywhere Else: As a gender-nonconforming person, I get a lot of attention — both wanted and unwanted — anytime I walk around in public.

It ranges from people laughing at me, verbally assaulting me, or taking my picture without my consent, to people stopping me mid-strut to exclaim “Oh my god, I love your outfit,” or inquiring “WHERE is that lipstick from?‽”

But one type of attention stands out above the rest: the attention of confused children. I first started noticing it when I moved to New York City at the age of 22.

Children would see me on the subway sporting my beard and lipstick and wouldn’t quite know how to react. They’d wear their confusion, marvel, or pleasant surprise at my gender expression blatantly on their sleeves. Children are anything but subtle about their interest when it is piqued.

I was reminded of this attention again the other weekend, when I traveled from Los Angeles to Florida for a queer conference at the Orlando Hilton resort.
Half of the hotel was filled with queers trying to learn how to better serve trans youth; the other half was filled with nuclear families who’d come to Orlando to meet Minnie and Elsa and Goofy at Disney World. It made for an interesting combination.

After my keynote speech, sporting a bold purple lip, swim trunks, and a bathrobe, I made my way to the hotel’s lazy river. That’s when I noticed the familiar eyes following me; the kids were back at it, blatantly staring at me to their heart’s content.

They’d never seen someone like me back home in Michigan or Spokane or Wichita. Some kids gawked quietly, others startled in fright, still others giggled in a curious, empathetic way.

But the most common reaction was that your children, upon noticing my gender expression, turned to you and exclaimed something like, “Mommy, that boy is wearing lipstick!” or “Look, Dad! Look at what he’s wearing!”

After your kids called your attention to my gender expression, you all did pretty much the same thing. You looked my way, made eye contact with me, became swiftly embarrassed yourselves, and told your kids that “It’s not nice to talk about strangers.”
Your kids, upon seeing your embarrassment at the situation, turned away, became embarrassed *themselves*, and, after a few minutes’ recovery from the shame of it all, resumed splashing around in the pool. This interaction played out dozens of times over the course of my weekend in Orlando.

Parents, I’ve decided that we need to have a little chat, because you can do better than that. You have to do better. You owe it to me, to the trans community, and to your kids’ emotional development to do better.

It starts with admitting that, while it may have seemed that the interaction was only about teaching your children not to talk about strangers, there was something much more fundamental at stake.

In reality, when your child turned to you and said “Look, that boy is wearing lipstick!” what they were really doing was asking a question.

Beneath every observation of difference is an implied question about whether or not that difference is acceptable. So when your child commented on the fact that they saw a boy wearing lipstick, what they were really asking was, “Mom/Dad/Parental Unit, is it okay for boys to wear lipstick? Is what that person’s doing acceptable?”

When you turned to your child and awkwardly said “It’s not nice to talk about strangers,” you not only didn’t answer their question, you effectively shut down what could’ve been a productive and affirming conversation.
You took a moment when your child could’ve learned an important lesson about how to respect the broad diversity of gender expression, and reduced it to a tangential and less important lesson about manners in public. Furthermore, by demonstrating your own discomfort with the situation, you made your kids uncomfortable too — inadvertently furthering the culture of stigma and discomfort that surrounds gender-nonconforming people.

Parents of the world, I’d like to suggest a better paradigm for handling this situation when it inevitably arises again. The next time your child turns to you and says, “Look! That boy is wearing lipstick!” or “That girl is wearing a bowtie!” don’t shut down the conversation by telling them not to talk about strangers.

Instead, try answering the question that they’re really asking; try talking to them about the beautiful diversity of gender expression in our world.

I promise it’s not that hard. You could say “Yes, Johnny, sometimes boys do wear lipstick and that is perfectly okay. You can wear lipstick too if you want!” Or you could say, “Why yes, Sarah, she is wearing a bowtie. Girls and boys can both wear bowties. Would you like one?”
Or, if your child is a savant, you could even say “Yes, Tabitha. While we are often presented with the myopic notion that gender is biological in nature, it’s actually a socially constructed, performative/discursive system that creates hegemonic power within society and varies across cultures, time, and anthropological space. You’ll learn all about that when you go to college on a full scholarship, become a gender studies major, and read Judith Butler and Michel Foucault en route to writing your thesis!”

And for the love of god, no matter what response you choose, please don’t be awkward about it.

Children can smell parental discomfort from a million miles away. If you show your children that you’re uncomfortable when confronted with a gender-nonconforming person like me, then your children will learn to mirror that behavior. And that’s not okay.

Just be cool, alright? Is that really so much to ask?
Any one of these responses (particularly the last one) not only answers the question that your child is really asking you, it also teaches your child, early on, to respect the natural diversity of gender in our world. Equally importantly, it opens up new possibilities for your child to lovingly explore their own gender identity in years to come.

So, parents, while it may be rude to talk about strangers, I’m gonna go ahead and give your kids a pass. I am fine with your children talking about me in public, as long as you’re willing to talk about me in public too.

The next time you see me standing on the subway in a pair of heels or strutting poolside in a purple lip and your child says something about it, I give you full permission to use me as a teaching opportunity.

Feel free to talk about me all you want. Feel free to tell your kids all about the beautiful rainbow of gender that is this world. Feel free to tell them that they can be whoever they want to be and express their gender in whatever way makes them happiest. You have my enthusiastic consent, my affirmative permission, to do so.

P.S. If you do feel guilty using my existence as a teachable moment about gender, I will accept compensation in the form of day passes to Disney World. I never got to ride Space Mountain as a kid, so.

https://twitter.com/jacobtobia?lang=en
https://www.instagram.com/jacobtobia/?hl=en
https://www.facebook.com/JacobTobia/

View attachment 433460 View attachment 433461 View attachment 433462 View attachment 433463 View attachment 433464 View attachment 433465 View attachment 433466
From the pictures I almost thought it was Michael Isaacson, but there wasn't enough contempt at society in the tone of the letter for it to be him.

Honestly. Fuck off dude/dudette. Parents can raise their kids any way they want. Maybe the awkward way they say that to their kids is their own way of being open? Maybe they are trying to save your fee fees like that, instead of saying "don't stare at the weirdo, hon. It isn't nice to stare at the exceptional like that."

Or maybe, just maybe, people don't want to be forced I to explaining a difficult concept to a child that won't understand it. Ugh!

People who say shit like "children are a lot smarter about X Y Z then you think!" Are dumb. Most kids are just not complex enough for this stuff at any age below 10, and sometimes even above it. They don't have the experience or the knowledge to make informed opinions about these subjects.

Iron Lady

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this was meant as an Article happening or as it's own lolcow thread, so idk what to say. I do think cheap troon2.0 over here needs to calm down while seeking attention.

CatParty

Boo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Cricket

daddy/daddy/dadself
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure if this was meant as an Article happening or as it's own lolcow thread, so idk what to say. I do think cheap troon2.0 over here needs to calm down while seeking attention.
This was an A&H thread that @CatParty wanted to make into a lolcow thread. So I moved the thread here as this guy has lolcow potential. Now please stop staring at him.

Reactions: yawning sneasel

Abortions4All

Can't complain (but sometimes I still do)
kiwifarms.net
Fuck, those poor parents who probably busted their asses and broke their budgets to take the kids to Disney for some nice family friendly fun and instead encountered a hotel pool full of teenage boys who think showing off a visible dick outline in bikini bottoms is a brave statement on gender and society.

• Agree
Reactions: TurboNAS

Male

This guy fucks!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Catparty said:
That's a pretty good selfie you got there Tobia, but I think I know how to make it a little more fitting for you

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino